Input Overlay

Input Overlay v5.0.4

univrsal

Thanks for making this plugin, its a pretty neat tool.

I use the scroll wheel to alter sizes of objects, because the program allows me to mouseover the height and width dimensions within the transform panel and scrolling the wheel up or down increases or decreases the units i.e pixels or mm.

When I use the mouse scroll wheel to scroll up and down, the scroll wheel doesn't highlight so consequently there is no reflection of my mouse usage on-screen, Is there no option for this?
Nope, Windows doesn't handle scrolling as a key input therefore I can not monitor it without using hooks, which I do not know how to implement

Mcfunpants

univrsal

Also little heads up for anyone, that wanted mouse scrolling working or was looking for a linux version:
I fiddled around with a library called libuiohook, which is cross platform and allows to query most (if not all) keyboard and mouse inputs. I got it compiled on windows and I'll see if I can replace it with the current input checking. No promises though

univrsal

Any chance of you porting this for Streamlabs OBS? I would really love to use it there! Great plugin otherwise!
Not really, I don't know how to make plugins for that version and I honestly don't see much advantage in using that version over the normal OBS.

KillJoySC

Awesome overlay man! I really like it. I tried to customize it to fit the game I play but I seem to be too slow to do so >.<
Is it possible to get one that basically shows f1-f5 and below? I basically use f1-f5, 1-5 , qwerty-asdfg-zxcvb, ctrl alt shft. But cant figure it out how to customize that.

jimd0810

Hi Universallp, thanks a lot for the great work! I'm having a strange problem with this plugin though. I can get the input overlay plugin to work, but when I add the input history plugin, although it can be added and the property window looks exactly as you showed, it just does not display anything, no keys, mouse inputs, etc. Strangely like I said, the input overlay could get the input pretty well, so I'm guessing it's the text gdi+ source? I also tried reinstall OBS but doesn't seem to help.

Could you help with this?

univrsal

Hi Universallp, thanks a lot for the great work! I'm having a strange problem with this plugin though. I can get the input overlay plugin to work, but when I add the input history plugin, although it can be added and the property window looks exactly as you showed, it just does not display anything, no keys, mouse inputs, etc. Strangely like I said, the input overlay could get the input pretty well, so I'm guessing it's the text gdi+ source? I also tried reinstall OBS but doesn't seem to help.

Could you help with this?
The input history source has a strange bug that you have to change the history size first before it starts working. Since I'm currently working on some bigger changes I can't fix this until I'm finished with them.
Here's what I'm talking about:
renfqg.gif

WeeemRCB

Hey.
I installed this yesterday and in testing it looks grand.
I created a few expanded WASD keys sets. I've uploaded them here so that they may make it into the core release?

WASD-15 is a 15 key WASD with the Shift and CTRL moved down to align correctly to the keyboard
WASD-15-FPS is the same 15 key WASD as above, but without moving the Shift and CTRL. This is 'cos I have an FPS in the bottom left corner so the layout now sits around that.

WASD-16 is the same as the 15 key WASD. but with a 'V'.
However, without the 'V' the mouse display nests nicely in the bottom right of the keyboard layout.

I also included the .TIF file I used to create the layout.
It uses the original WASD.png as well as the new 3rd row keys I added.
FYI - In case you don't see it, the font I used is: Agency FB (Bold+ Italic)

Attachments

• wasd-extended.rar
    336.7 KB · Views: 189

WeeemRCB

I've also made an alternative layout for the mouse so that the side buttons are on the left and right.
File uploaded with the .png, .ini files and source .tif.

The mouse-2-invert.ini is for those (like me) that have the mouse side button actions the other way around.

Attachments

• mouse-2.rar
    122.6 KB · Views: 124

univrsal

Hey.
I installed this yesterday and in testing it looks grand.
I created a few expanded WASD keys sets. I've uploaded them here so that they may make it into the core release?

WASD-15 is a 15 key WASD with the Shift and CTRL moved down to align correctly to the keyboard
WASD-15-FPS is the same 15 key WASD as above, but without moving the Shift and CTRL. This is 'cos I have an FPS in the bottom left corner so the layout now sits around that.

WASD-16 is the same as the 15 key WASD. but with a 'V'.
However, without the 'V' the mouse display nests nicely in the bottom right of the keyboard layout.

I also included the .TIF file I used to create the layout.
It uses the original WASD.png as well as the new 3rd row keys I added.
FYI - In case you don't see it, the font I used is: Agency FB (Bold+ Italic)

I've also made an alternative layout for the mouse so that the side buttons are on the left and right.
File uploaded with the .png, .ini files and source .tif.

The mouse-2-invert.ini is for those (like me) that have the mouse side button actions the other way around.
Thanks! I'll take a look at them and add them to the repository (with credits of course). Just a little info if you want to work on layouts again:
I linked all photoshop project files and fonts used on github (Since you used a different font for the layout than I did).

Can i get the a french keyboard overlay, i will appreciate your help, thks. :D
I'm sorry but I do not have the time to make presets for everyone. I'd like to point you to the tutorial I made which shows how to make your own though.

Last edited:

Jaxon Claw

Well, at first I couldn't figure out for the life of me why this plugin wasn't working. The install instructions couldn't be any more simple. But "Input Overlay" was not showing up on the "Add - Sources" list. Then, for the heck of it, I ran the 32 bit version of OBS and BOOM; "Input Overlay" finally showed up on the "Add - Sources" list. Strange. So, evidently the 64 bit version of the plugin doesn't work at all, and that's the version I prefer to use. Other than that, it seems to be a pretty good plugin. Hopefully, you can find the issue with the 64 bit version in the near future. I look forward to that fix when it occurs. Thank you and best regards.

univrsal

Well, at first I couldn't figure out for the life of me why this plugin wasn't working. The install instructions couldn't be any more simple. But "Input Overlay" was not showing up on the "Add - Sources" list. Then, for the heck of it, I ran the 32 bit version of OBS and BOOM; "Input Overlay" finally showed up on the "Add - Sources" list. Strange. So, evidently the 64 bit version of the plugin doesn't work at all, and that's the version I prefer to use. Other than that, it seems to be a pretty good plugin. Hopefully, you can find the issue with the 64 bit version in the near future. I look forward to that fix when it occurs. Thank you and best regards.
For that to happen I need a log first, though. The 64bit version does work, but some users seem to have issues with it.

Jaxon Claw

Yeah, in fact the 64 bit version of OBS works BETTER than the 32 bit version when I'm recording gaming. That's why I prefer using the 64 bit version. So you said that you need a log file? I'm assuming I can upload it via Help | Log Files, and share the link with you here, correct? Please let me know and I will do that in my next reply.

Also, I really LOVE the Input History. It's great for instructional videos in After Effects, so that the viewer can see any keyboard shortcuts I'm using without having to verbally say them while recording. However, several keys, including Insert, Delete, Home, PgUp, and PgDn, only output a hex code instead of the key's name. Is there a way to fix those?

Thanks for all your help.

univrsal

Yeah, in fact the 64 bit version of OBS works BETTER than the 32 bit version when I'm recording gaming. That's why I prefer using the 64 bit version. So you said that you need a log file? I'm assuming I can upload it via Help | Log Files, and share the link with you here, correct? Please let me know and I will do that in my next reply.

Also, I really LOVE the Input History. It's great for instructional videos in After Effects, so that the viewer can see any keyboard shortcuts I'm using without having to verbally say them while recording. However, several keys, including Insert, Delete, Home, PgUp, and PgDn, only output a hex code instead of the key's name. Is there a way to fix those?

Thanks for all your help.
Yeah I'd need that log. Preferably from both the 64bit and the 32bit version. I am aware that some keys do not show up with names because I did not have the time to assign a name to every key code. I can't fix this issue currently because I'm working on a new release that will allow the user to rename keys or replace them with icons. I also have a feature planned that will add mouse movement to the mouse overlay.

univrsal

Awesome overlay man! I really like it. I tried to customize it to fit the game I play but I seem to be too slow to do so >.<
Is it possible to get one that basically shows f1-f5 and below? I basically use f1-f5, 1-5 , qwerty-asdfg-zxcvb, ctrl alt shft. But cant figure it out how to customize that.
Very sorry for the late replay I missed your response, but I can sadly only give you the same answer as for anyone else:
I don't have the time to make presets for everyone since I'm busy with working on the plugin itself and other things. The only thing I can give you is a link to my tutorial which shows how presets are made. If you still have questions after watching that feel free to ask.

James Herbert

hi i have my obs installed to f:/obs studio how would i go about changing the path to get it working as its not showing in my sauce, im assuming that would be why