Input Overlay

Input Overlay v5.0.5

univrsal

The arrow always points somewhere, it doesn't disappear when you stop moving your mouse. If you don't use the "Use monitor center" option it's also fairly inaccurate.

Tonic

Hello universallp,
I need help. I have a dvorak keyboard set up and I've been trying to find a preset for a dvorak overlay, but all of them are for azerty. I would have learned the config, but I have finals. Could I ask for your help?

h0ch1m1nh

Hello everyone 'specialy the other people from the Baguette community

Good news i've checked and found no update about a potential and use-ready AZERTY fullsize configuration so i stepped in and...did one based on Trrrof's and Vox Serico's template.
It's fully functionnal EXCEPT for the VerrNum-OFF part...didn't figured out since I don't use the numpad, i'll let another member of the comm' do his best to improve this version!

For the record I was stuck approximately 5h on the "!" key or more precisely the 102nd key of AZERTY's keyboard that is recognized as a "VC_YEN" record, so a key code 125.

Hope you'll all enjoy the gesture, for the record here is my endering with a green IBM console like filter:

azerty-fullsize.png

Attachments

• azerty-fullsize.zip
    162.3 KB · Views: 108

LuanMatos

I guess I didn't save the change. Try again, but if for some reason I fucked up again just use this link:
Hi, Sir. How are you?
I didn't found this option "input-overlay configuration" in the settings (image bellow that is on the tutorial that you sent).
Do I have to install something to be possible open this configuration?

Sorry for the beginner question. I'm just starting to use OBS.
Thank you in advance.

1685027765346.png

flypcyde

Good day,
I can input history to work and it will capture and display my kepybaord and mouse inputs.
I am unable to capture the inputs from my Xbox 360 Gamepad, as a moves list.
Any pointers / things to check?

jdmnstr

Is there a way to map stick zones to buttons? I have a fightbox that only maps the left stick, but i'd like to map it to 4 different buttons. thanks

Johnny Walker

Hallo,
ich benutze 2 Bildschirme, 27 Zoll zum spielen und 13 Zoll für OBS. Ich habe alles eingerichtet, es funktioniert auch an beiden Bildschirmen, nur wenn ich das Spiel starte sehe ich in OBS die Tasten nicht mehr, die ich drücke. Wenn ich im Internet oder auf dem Desktop unterwegs bin funktioniert alles.

krnk

Hi, Sir. How are you?
I didn't found this option "input-overlay configuration" in the settings (image bellow that is on the tutorial that you sent).
Do I have to install something to be possible open this configuration?

Sorry for the beginner question. I'm just starting to use OBS.
Thank you in advance.

View attachment 94450
I had the same problem. I spent half a day looking for an answer and accidentally found in one of the youtube videos that it is customizable here

1689516026620.png

nebblebb

When I launch obs the overlay displays my inputs for a couple seconds before it freezes and is stuck displaying whatever I inputs were going on at that moment and I'm not sure what to do,I've tried different versions of the plugin and different versions of obs,I tried changing the settings,I tried changing my controler's input mode,not sure what else to do. I'm using an 8bitdo pro 2 controller.

bardicbastards

Hello everyone!

First, I know this has most likely been asked but I cannot find the answer (and I struggle a lot with reading multiple tiny paragraphs). How do I change the colour of my keyboard overlay to match my mouse? The mouse one is a nice pastel pink but the keyboard is more of a yellow colour. I'd love for them to match if at all possible!

TYSM!

1694650135369.png

PsiborgJhin

Hello everyone!

First, I know this has most likely been asked but I cannot find the answer (and I struggle a lot with reading multiple tiny paragraphs). How do I change the colour of my keyboard overlay to match my mouse? The mouse one is a nice pastel pink but the keyboard is more of a yellow colour. I'd love for them to match if at all possible!

TYSM!

View attachment 97652
I think you just need to modify the image file to have the color you want

seyeRFunnnnn

Hey all,

So I've been working for awhile on creating an overlay for my stream to use a Beatmania IIDX controller as pictured below:
beatmaniaIIDX_pm_cont.jpg

However, I have a few problems. Before I get to the actual problems let me give some background.

From left to right, the buttons are labeled as:
  1. The top four square ones are E1, E2, E3 E4
  2. The middle black ones are B2, B4, B6
  3. The bottom white ones are B1, B3, B5, B7.
  4. The turntable is not a button, but a turntable that activates upon spinning. It can go clockwise or counterclockwise.
The game is essentially about following a pattern as it comes down and trying to score by matching it as best as you can. Here's a video of one of the GOATs: RAG* (You can see that he has a pretty sweet intricate input display, would love to have something like that, I just have no idea what it is or where he got it/created it)

Anyway, the problems!
  1. The first issue is related to the keycoding. While creating the config.json, I was configuring the overlay using the gamepad button element and when I got to B7, it turns out it uses the same keycode (0x0) as B1, somehow, someway. However, when I actually play the game, the game recognizes it as a different input. So does Windows 10 within the "Set up USB game controllers" settings.
    1. What options do I have to fix this?
  2. The second issue is I have no clue how I am going program the turntable because using the gamepad button element, it doesn't generate a keycode when I spin it.
    1. Is there a way to see keycodes being generated by button presses within Windows somehow?
    2. Are there any other options to solve this issue?
  3. The third issue is I would like some sort of motion input display for the turntable and I'm not really sure how to achieve that using this plugin, if at all achievable.
    1. Any recommendations?
Your help is appreciated.
Rob

EDIT: I added a zipped file of my texture plus current config as it is now in case anyone wants to investigate.

Attachments

• input_display_texture_config.7z
    91.3 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

seyeRFunnnnn

Problem #4 is OBS doesn't see my "gamepad id" so not sure where I can get that information from or what I should do with that. Any information is helpful.

Best
Rob

Tonic

Hey, man!

I was wondering if you could create an overlay for the dvorak keyboard layout. That would be so awesome.

Tonic

I use a dvorak keyboard layout, so I tried to make my own overlay since I couldn't find another one. I ran into some issues while making it. I selected the template and then inputted which key corresponds to each key, and it works in the editor, but not in overlay. In the editor, the button where "q" is on qwerty activates the q button on the overlay. But, in obs it doesn't activate. It only activates the keyboard element when the corresponding key is pressed. So, I would have to press the "q" key to activate the q element. I have a video of this happening if I haven't explained well.

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsufMXNmpSs

This is the DVORAK layout
KB_United_States_Dvorak.svg.png

AlkHacNar

hey, I created a new preset for my NES USB controller, but the cct tool and don't recognise the inputs. In OBS, in the settings of Input Overlay, it gets recognised as "0 Retrolink SNES Controller - Game Controller". Maybe it's a false recognishen of the controller? Could you help? I can provide as much info as you want. If it runs, you can even put it in you preset zip if you want^^

AlkHacNar

hey, I created a new preset for my NES USB controller, but the cct tool and don't recognise the inputs. In OBS, in the settings of Input Overlay, it gets recognised as "0 Retrolink SNES Controller - Game Controller". Maybe it's a false recognishen of the controller? Could you help? I can provide as much info as you want. If it runs, you can even put it in you preset zip if you want^^
nevermind, I forgot to whitelist my app and my bindings were wrong :D now it works like a charm. I packed it is someone needs a NES controller

Attachments

• NES.7z
    46.1 KB · Views: 62