Input Overlay

Input Overlay v5.0.4

Shiyo

Hello.I installed it successfully.After i creat a new input overlay source in OBS and choose .png and .json files ,it presented correctly .But it has no response for neither my keyboard nor mouse .What' wrong?

Shiyo

Maybe i found out the reason.I choose the input controll in settings :)
Hello.I installed it successfully.After i creat a new input overlay source in OBS and choose .png and .json files ,it presented correctly .But it has no response for neither my keyboard nor mouse .What' wrong?

Kyogre

I don't know what you mean but you can create two browser sources that use two different presets I guess.
My bad. Tried my old OBS v27 one more time and after that know I understood that there never was a source, that could show letters of two keyboard languages simultaneously.

arizamuuru

Hey, I used the installer but despite that I don't have the ability to capture the input overlay source. Anyone know what's wrong?

Attachments

• image_2024-02-20_004624571.png
    image_2024-02-20_004624571.png
    84.5 KB · Views: 39

retrounderbelly

Hey guys. I started a genesis controller template. Just learning now, but if someone understands the process better, feel free to use this images. I will post any progress.

Attachments

• Genesis Pad.png
    Genesis Pad.png
    482.5 KB · Views: 19

Yiung

Hey, I used the installer but despite that I don't have the ability to capture the input overlay source. Anyone know what's wrong?
Same problem here, I cannot locate input-overlay in the tools or sources. Was there a change with how OBS parses plugins from the original posting of the tutorial video? OBS was on version 27 in the tutorial video, and the most current version is 30.0.2

Yiung

Same problem here, I cannot locate input-overlay in the tools or sources. Was there a change with how OBS parses plugins from the original posting of the tutorial video? OBS was on version 27 in the tutorial video, and the most current version is 30.0.2
Whoops, found out to problem. Just have two explorers open, and have one explorer on obs-studio proper and the other on the downloaded content's obs-studio. have all files and folders from the downloaded/installed obs-studio, and move them into the obs-studio proper. Solve the entire issue.

Repacharge

Hello, I am trying to customize my input overlay, and when I go to your io-cct github, I can modify the layout to be exactly how I want it, but I can only extract the .json, I still don't understand how to modify it to a .ini file, and how to get the .png file. Can you not extract it to a .png from that site?

BrenFu

Here is my overlay for the Sega Genesis / Mega Drive 3 button controller.

It shows both d-pad and left analog stick movements.
Button mappings were tested with an Xbox/Xinput controller.

Genesis3button2.gif

Attachments

• Genesis_3_button_inputoverlay.zip
    643.6 KB · Views: 13

ZennanSR

will there ever be any type of snapping added to the io-cct tool? making a layout with it is extremely annoying because it's hard to align anything correctly without snapping. having any type of snapping feature added would save a lot of time and energy on making layouts.

adelinadragonborn

Greetings! I'm trying to figure out how to make Xbox Elite controller with 4 extra paddles to display paddles keystrokes in OBS with Input Overlay plugin, but unfortunately I couldn't find any info regarding keycodes of 4 new paddles (if there's any), and io-cct is unable to record keystrokes.

I have steam extended feature support driver installed, and steam interface by itself is working perfectly fine with new paddles (which are unbinded in xbox accessories by the way).

Is there any way to get new paddles working with Input Overlay anyhow?

Thanks!

demk

Hello!

is anyone else able to use input overlay when playing GTA5 ?

I tried do search anything but couldn't found a clue.

obs64.exe
Steam.exe
GTA5.exe
RockstarLauncher.exe

all are executed as administrator and when i'm in GTA 5 noone of the inputs are recognized by the input overlay, but in any other game ( for example gta san andreas ) it works perfecly. Even desktop, any other window it works as expected.

Is there anything more I need to execute as adm to be able to see the overla