Input Overlay

Input Overlay v5.0.4

univrsal

Hello, @universallp. Thanks for the amazing work on creating this plugin. I have created a small variation for the Gamepad and the Extended keyboard and mouse in case anyone wants to use them. These are only textures and they work with the same config files (since I have no idea how to create entirely new layouts, I'm no programmer at all). I don't know how to create new different layouts but if it's not too complicated for a non-programmer person like me, I would like to know how and collaborate creating diverse designs and presets for keyboards, mouses, and Gamepads.

Thanks, glad you like it.
The plan is that users can use io-cct, which is a separate tool, to create config files. I posted a zip of it somewhere, but here's a newer one.
It's fairly straightforward to use:
  • Give it a path to a texture
  • Give it a path to a config file (for a new one just an empty *.ini file, which you'll have to create beforehand)
  • Create new elements over the gui
It's more or less done but I haven't done any extensive testing. The config files it creates are for version 5 so it won't work with the current public release, but I did give out test builds of v5 in this thread and on github.

GattoMatto

Thanks, glad you like it.
The plan is that users can use io-cct, which is a separate tool, to create config files. I posted a zip of it somewhere, but here's a newer one.
It's fairly straightforward to use:
  • Give it a path to a texture
  • Give it a path to a config file (for a new one just an empty *.ini file, which you'll have to create beforehand)
  • Create new elements over the gui
It's more or less done but I haven't done any extensive testing. The config files it creates are for version 5 so it won't work with the current public release, but I did give out test builds of v5 in this thread and on github.

Thank you! I'll look into it! and hopefully, I will have some new presets for when you have V.5 ready to go public.

VelSan

Hey.

I've been trying to install this and i did it successfully, however, i tried to show only:

1 2 3 4 F G And Left + Right mouse clicks.

I can't really achieve this, can i? i tried a lot of things and couldn't make it work. May i get some help ?

univrsal

Hey.

I've been trying to install this and i did it successfully, however, i tried to show only:

I can't really achieve this, can i? i tried a lot of things and couldn't make it work. May i get some help ?
For the current version you'll need two separate overlays to show both mouse and keyboard keys.
If you only want specific keys, you'll have to edit the config files and remove unwanted keys

VelSan

For the current version you'll need two separate overlays to show both mouse and keyboard keys.
If you only want specific keys, you'll have to edit the config files and remove unwanted keys

Thanks for the response, i've already made a custom layout via the PSD template - i've got everything i need now :)

nagasiren

Possible to make the overlay keys circle shaped instead of square shaped? I tried messing around with this, but I was not sure how to edit the ini to support it. I know this is a strange request, but I play fighting games in which controllers are usually used over keyboards and I think making a preview as such would make it more clear to my audience.
See pic attached, keys correspond to ASD+Space (Red) // YUIO HJKL (White)

Attachments

• hitbox preview.png
    hitbox preview.png
    175.3 KB · Views: 65

univrsal

Possible to make the overlay keys circle shaped instead of square shaped? I tried messing around with this, but I was not sure how to edit the ini to support it. I know this is a strange request, but I play fighting games in which controllers are usually used over keyboards and I think making a preview as such would make it more clear to my audience.
See pic attached, keys correspond to ASD+Space (Red) // YUIO HJKL (White)
There's no difference between the shapes of the keys. All keys are cut out from the texture and rendered at they're position defined in the config. All that's needed is that the key texture fits within the defined rectangle size and that below the unpressed texture is the pressed texture.
There's a tutorial video on how to create configs in the main post, but there's also a preview for v5.0 where it's easier. I posted builds for that somewhere further up in this thread.

Geroyuni

Hello, it seems the plugin crashes OBS when you open the program and there's a non-existent path specified to either file (aka. when you delete the files or move them somewhere else). After a few attempts though, OBS opens and allows for me to change the paths and prevent future crashes

univrsal

Hello, it seems the plugin crashes OBS when you open the program and there's a non-existent path specified to either file (aka. when you delete the files or move them somewhere else). After a few attempts though, OBS opens and allows for me to change the paths and prevent future crashes
Which version are you using? I also need a full log of obs-studio. I can not replicate the issue on the latest version, so I'm not sure whether this is the actual cause of your crashes.

univrsal

Like a line beside the mouse that lights up when you move your mouse left/right.
I mean there's a mouse overlay that displays your mouse movement with an arrow or a dot. The arrow points in the direction you move your mouse and the dot moves in the direction you moved the mouse. I don't have anything else planned for mouse movement

DesDef

Hello! I installed the v4.7.4, but I can't seem to find the keyboard .png file. Could you please direct me to where I could find it? Thank you!

Geroyuni

Which version are you using? I also need a full log of obs-studio. I can not replicate the issue on the latest version, so I'm not sure whether this is the actual cause of your crashes.

Late reply, forgot I had posted about this stuff. I went and tested again but couldn't reproduce it myself anymore. If you're still interested in checking the logs though, here it is. I can't really be sure of the version I was using at the time, but I might've been the latest one from Sep 2.

univrsal

Late reply, forgot I had posted about this stuff. I went and tested again but couldn't reproduce it myself anymore. If you're still interested in checking the logs though, here it is. I can't really be sure of the version I was using at the time, but I might've been the latest one from Sep 2.
Do you also have the obs log or just the crash report? If it was a while ago obs might've overridden the log though.
In the log it says "libobs 21.1.0", I'm not sure if libobs and obs studio use different version numbers, but were you using the latest version?

Geroyuni

Do you also have the obs log or just the crash report? If it was a while ago obs might've overridden the log though.
In the log it says "libobs 21.1.0", I'm not sure if libobs and obs studio use different version numbers, but were you using the latest version?

I don't know why, but this just made me go check in about the versions and as it turns out, I'm still on 21.1.0. Isn't there an update window that is supposed to appear? I haven't been getting these at all. Does make it weird that the issue stopped though.

Yeah, very sorry about that. Can't reproduce in latest version either so I guess there's no point in this.

univrsal

I don't know why, but this just made me go check in about the versions and as it turns out, I'm still on 21.1.0. Isn't there an update window that is supposed to appear? I haven't been getting these at all. Does make it weird that the issue stopped though.

Yeah, very sorry about that. Can't reproduce in latest version either so I guess there's no point in this.
The updater had some issues in the past afaik, but it should work now