Input Overlay

Input Overlay v5.0.4

univrsal

Hi! Thank you for your hard work :)
I'm wondering if you have the *.psd for the mouse? I want to change the yellow colour to match with the cyan colour in qwerty.psd.
Here you go, though changing the color with this one is about as easy as doing it with the finished texture

Attachments

• mouse.zip
    78.2 KB · Views: 232

Phrakshun

The download link on the first page links to a github page where the only available downloads are source codes:

123.png

In the source code, I've checked out the readme directing me to https://vimeo.com/229296849 however, this video doesn't help either.

jalis

It seems this is unusable on win7 without acquiring XINPUT1_4.DLL from another OS, as apparently official Microsoft DirectX installations install an older DLL for win7 machines. To provide win7 support apparently it needs to fall back to XINPUT9_1_0.DLL if XINPUT1_4.DLL is not present.

I'm not 100% sure on this info, but it's what I gleamed from this: https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/43879/view.html

Attached is an image of Process Monitor showing obs64.exe failing to find XINPUT1_4.DLL as a dependency for input-overlay.dll, though I cut it short since it went on for quite a bit.

If you could address this in a future update, it'd be great.

Capture.PNG

univrsal

It seems this is unusable on win7 without acquiring XINPUT1_4.DLL from another OS, as apparently official Microsoft DirectX installations install an older DLL for win7 machines. To provide win7 support apparently it needs to fall back to XINPUT9_1_0.DLL if XINPUT1_4.DLL is not present.

I'm not 100% sure on this info, but it's what I gleamed from this: https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/43879/view.html

Attached is an image of Process Monitor showing obs64.exe failing to find XINPUT1_4.DLL as a dependency for input-overlay.dll, though I cut it short since it went on for quite a bit.

If you could address this in a future update, it'd be great.

View attachment 39602
I'm aware of this issue and have fixed it. I compiled the last version on Windows 10 with the v4.* branch which didn't set the XInput version to 9.1.0.
I uploaded 4.7.4b, which should fix this again

AlexUnderHood

Hello guys.

Let me start by saying that I am considering fulltime streaming and I was looking thru this amazing plugin.
Unfortunately, I do have 6 partially amputated fingers and I cannot use a regular keyboard to play games.
I found a way to add my fight stick overlay as a browser source which is fully working but I am stuck when it comes to my mouse.
Is there anyone that is available to make an overlay + config for my G900 mouse (with current custom profile) so I can add it to my stream? I'm willing to pay for this job. Thank you

Kind regards,
Alex
2018-09-29 (2).png

P.S.: I've attached a picture with my current Logitech G900 config.

L.E.: typo

SHIFT & R keys are binded on my mouse but it can be replaced with Thumb Button & Thumb Button 2

Last edited:

univrsal

Hello guys.

Let me start by saying that I am considering fulltime streaming and I was looking thru this amazing plugin.
Unfortunately, I do have 6 partially amputated fingers and I cannot use a regular keyboard to play games.
I found a way to add my fight stick overlay as a browser source which is fully working but I am stuck when it comes to my mouse.
Is there anyone that is available to make an overlay + config for my G900 mouse (with current custom profile) so I can add it to my stream? I'm willing to pay for this job. Thank you

Kind regards,
Alex
View attachment 39693
P.S.: I've attached a picture with my current Logitech G900 config.

L.E.: typo

SHIFT & R keys are binded on my mouse but it can be replaced with Thumb Button & Thumb Button 2
If I understand this correctly, you want an overlay that looks like the mouse in the picture and the buttons light up when a certain key is pressed (eg. when you press the button with 'V' next to it, it's the same as pressing 'V' on the keyboard).
This should be doable, except for the scroll wheel, I'm not sure how you want to visualize the 'G' and 'H' keys. It looks like they get triggered when the scroll wheel is nudged to the right or to the left, so would an arrow indicating that be enough?

Also this is only possible in version 5.0, which isn't completely finished, so I would give you an early version to test this.

Heki

Amazing plugins!
I like in particular the Input History, it run well using plain text but seems I miss something trying to use it with key icons as nothing happen. I'm on latest OBS Studio version but all other features on your plugin run without issue.

This should be doable, except for the scroll wheel, I'm not sure how you want to visualize the 'G' and 'H' keys. It looks like they get triggered when the scroll wheel is nudged to the right or to the left, so would an arrow indicating that be enough?
As I also own a mouse with buttons aside the scroll wheel I would like to suggest the possibility to light up only the half wheel used and to light up the whole wheel when middle clicked, something like I did in the attach for the left wheel button (just for reference), of course if it's possible and suitable.

Attachments

• 2018-09-29 (2).png
    2018-09-29 (2).png
    360.2 KB · Views: 74

univrsal

Amazing plugins!
I like in particular the Input History, it run well using plain text but seems I miss something trying to use it with key icons as nothing happen. I'm on latest OBS Studio version but all other features on your plugin run without issue.

As I also own a mouse with buttons aside the scroll wheel I would like to suggest the possibility to light up only the half wheel used and to light up the whole wheel when middle clicked, something like I did in the attach for the left wheel button (just for reference), of course if it's possible and suitable.
Depends on what pressing only one "half" of the mouse wheel does. If it goes back/forward in the browser, it's possible in version 5.0. If it acts as an individual button like the G-keys on some keyboards, it won't work.

AlexUnderHood

If I understand this correctly, you want an overlay that looks like the mouse in the picture and the buttons light up when a certain key is pressed (eg. when you press the button with 'V' next to it, it's the same as pressing 'V' on the keyboard).

Also this is only possible in version 5.0, which isn't completely finished, so I would give you an early version to test this.
Yes, I apologize for poor explanation. I am looking forward to test it.

hengzt89

Hey, i hope you can help me. I want to use your plugin so if i press a certain key it shows an image, and if i release the key the image should hide again. I cant seem to rewrite the config the way i need it to be. I want to use it to hide my ingame map while streaming, so if i press "M" for example it shows an image of something else, not the map to help myself against streamsnipers. Any way to help me out ?

univrsal

Hey, i hope you can help me. I want to use your plugin so if i press a certain key it shows an image, and if i release the key the image should hide again. I cant seem to rewrite the config the way i need it to be. I want to use it to hide my ingame map while streaming, so if i press "M" for example it shows an image of something else, not the map to help myself against streamsnipers. Any way to help me out ?
You can do this without the plugin:
Add an image source with any image you want and then set a hotkey in the settings:
1540118171313.png

hengzt89

Thanks for the reply. I tried this, but the problem is that i only want the image to be shown as long as i press the key. If i release the key, the image shouldnt show anymore. With the hotkeys i only can switch between scenes, which makes it difficult because if i have to hold down my map key for a longer time it always switches back and forth between showing and not showing.

univrsal

Thanks for the reply. I tried this, but the problem is that i only want the image to be shown as long as i press the key. If i release the key, the image shouldnt show anymore. With the hotkeys i only can switch between scenes, which makes it difficult because if i have to hold down my map key for a longer time it always switches back and forth between showing and not showing.
Well then you'll have to create a texture and a config for the plugin.
The config will consist of a single key which will be the image you want to show.
The texture would be structured like this:
1540130657424.png
The config would look something like this (You'll have to change the values yourself though):
Code:
# Input Overlay config v.3
#
# The amount of keys in the overlay
1_key_count=1
# The type of layout (1 for mouse, 2 for keyboard)
# Make sure that this value is before all values below!
1_layout_type=2
# Amount of Key rows
1_key_rows=1
# Amount of Key Coloumns
1_key_cols=1
# Global Key size of a key
1_key_abs_w=400
1_key_abs_h=400
# Space vertically and horizontally (Negative numbers for offset left/up offset)
1_key_space_v=0
1_key_space_h=0
# The amount of buttons per row in the texture file
1_texture_w=1
# The space between two rows of textures (usually button height * two) if a button takes up
# two times the height or more adjust this value (3px gap will be added by the plugin)
1_texture_v_space=0
###
#
# Order of buttons in the texture file
# Special keys need hexadecimal value
# Get them here (Search for "VC_" and then the key name):
# https://github.com/univrsal/input-overlay/blob/master/libuiohook/include/uiohook.h#L137
#
# The Texture needs to contain the buttons in that oder going from left to right
# With the top row containing the texture for unpressed buttons and the bottom
# row for pressed buttons. The plugin calculates a 3px gap between all textures
# and 1 px border around the entire texture
# After the amount of buttons specified in texture_w the plugin will stop searching
# for textures to the right and start in the next row
#
2_key_order=0x007D
#
# Width & Height of the buttons in the order specified above
# These values are multipliers
# Meaning '1' resultes in a width/height that is specified in key_w/key_h
# '2' results in key_w/key_h * 2
2_key_width=1
2_key_height=1
# Coloumn = X, Row = Y postion of the buttons in the order spcified above
# Once again not absolute numbers but rather multipliers
# E.g. key_row=3 means that the y position is 3 times the button height
2_key_row=0
2_key_col=0

hengzt89

Thanks man, but im still kinda confused. I get the config stuff, but no idea about the Image.
yghj-minimal.jpg
oie_5lQE3d5Mtil2.png
The one above is the one im trying to use as an overlay, i put it in the one you posted above and made the top one transparent, but i think i got something wrong here or dont really understand what to do :/ Do i need Photoshop for this ?

univrsal

Thanks man, but im still kinda confused. I get the config stuff, but no idea about the Image.
The one above is the one im trying to use as an overlay, i put it in the one you posted above and made the top one transparent, but i think i got something wrong here or dont really understand what to do :/ Do i need Photoshop for this ?
The plugin displays each key in an overlay as a subregion of the texture. Your overlay only has one key. The top part will be displayed if the key isn't pressed and the bottom one will be displayed if it is pressed.
Your texture is correct, but you'll want to get rid of the red marks. If you got the config right you'll be able to load it into the plugin and it should display correctly.

univrsal

It's not much, but the important part of the remote connection is now done. Next to refactoring and fixing input-history, this is the last big feature for the new release, so I'm confident I can get this done (hopefully) soon.
As you can see I'm also working on an updated showcase video to do all the new features justice.

GattoMatto

Hello, @universallp. Thanks for the amazing work on creating this plugin. I have created a small variation for the Gamepad and the Extended keyboard and mouse in case anyone wants to use them. These are only textures and they work with the same config files (since I have no idea how to create entirely new layouts, I'm no programmer at all). I don't know how to create new different layouts but if it's not too complicated for a non-programmer person like me, I would like to know how and collaborate creating diverse designs and presets for keyboards, mouses, and Gamepads.

game-pad.png
Mouse-2R.png
wasd-extendedR.png