w1nterwarburton

Log: https://obsproject.com/logs/JhwMufWD96w64hrS

Might be a long shot, but I have a very specific issue that's bubbled up for a while and gotten much worse in the past couple months. I typically stream indie games with VTube Studio or Veadotube Mini running in place of a webcam. Everything will run fine for a while, then suddenly, both of my monitors will black out, maybe one will have a shrunken window for a split second. My PC will continue to run, my monitors will come back on in a second or two, but something will go wrong with at least one of the programs I have open. Typically, VTS/Veadotube will crash, my game will either crash or start running much worse than it did before, and my preview and docks in OBS may or may not freeze. This happens anywhere from 2 to 7 times in a 3 to 4 hour session, practically every stream. It doesn't completely break my streams, but it's been a headache and a half constantly having to force quit and reopen everything while my stream is going.

Gaming off stream doesn't seem to give me this issue. I've only been able to replicate the scenario offline twice: once maxing out settings on GTA V with all my streaming programs running and once using a Nintendo 64 emulator without the streaming programs. Even though this happens with simple 2D pixel art platformers, I've tested maxing out Doom Eternal, streaming in bandwidth test mode & recording; OBS completely broke before I got any black screens or other software crashes. I've been told it's a GPU issue, but nothing I've yet to try has resolved it; I reseated the card, I've uninstalled and reinstalled my Nvidia drivers every way possible, I've reinstalled Windows 11 twice (I encountered this before upgrading from Windows 10 as well), nothing. My PC is only a year and a half old and I hardly do any overclocking, so I highly doubt wear is a problem. Temperature readings from CPU-Z and GPU-Z all come back safe. Event Viewer doesn't tell me anything.

If you have any other ideas on what could be the culprit or if this could be something entirely different, I'm all ears. Otherwise, I'm about to take this rig to a professional since two months of tinkering on my own has done nothing.

fishnothing

This happens to me only if I play fullscreen games (especially ones that have a different resolution compared to my monitors) I stopped having this issue completely when I started playing every single game in borderless window mode.

cyclemat

You have installer streamfx its a Not stable plugin
Delete the complete obs folder and reinstall it without streamfx

w1nterwarburton

This happens to me only if I play fullscreen games (especially ones that have a different resolution compared to my monitors) I stopped having this issue completely when I started playing every single game in borderless window mode.
I almost always set my game to borderless when I have the option anyway. Maybe I could try going vanilla windowed and see if it does something, but idk. Again, I mostly stream newer indie games, so even if they aren't very graphically intensive, I don't have trouble displaying them borderless at native 1080p.

cyclemat

update the
win-capture-audio v2.2.2-beta

and look its an beta ! not stable !

other idea is use voicemeter and the windows app Volume controle so you can route your programm to an Vcable

voicemeter.png

w1nterwarburton

Update: switched to a friend's spare 1070 instead of my 1660 Ti, got thew same thing. It doesn't seem it's a specific hardware problem.

NamVT

Log: https://obsproject.com/logs/JhwMufWD96w64hrS

Might be a long shot, but I have a very specific issue that's bubbled up for a while and gotten much worse in the past couple months. I typically stream indie games with VTube Studio or Veadotube Mini running in place of a webcam. Everything will run fine for a while, then suddenly, both of my monitors will black out, maybe one will have a shrunken window for a split second. My PC will continue to run, my monitors will come back on in a second or two, but something will go wrong with at least one of the programs I have open. Typically, VTS/Veadotube will crash, my game will either crash or start running much worse than it did before, and my preview and docks in OBS may or may not freeze. This happens anywhere from 2 to 7 times in a 3 to 4 hour session, practically every stream. It doesn't completely break my streams, but it's been a headache and a half constantly having to force quit and reopen everything while my stream is going.

Gaming off stream doesn't seem to give me this issue. I've only been able to replicate the scenario offline twice: once maxing out settings on GTA V with all my streaming programs running and once using a Nintendo 64 emulator without the streaming programs. Even though this happens with simple 2D pixel art platformers, I've tested maxing out Doom Eternal, streaming in bandwidth test mode & recording; OBS completely broke before I got any black screens or other software crashes. I've been told it's a GPU issue, but nothing I've yet to try has resolved it; I reseated the card, I've uninstalled and reinstalled my Nvidia drivers every way possible, I've reinstalled Windows 11 twice (I encountered this before upgrading from Windows 10 as well), nothing. My PC is only a year and a half old and I hardly do any overclocking, so I highly doubt wear is a problem. Temperature readings from CPU-Z and GPU-Z all come back safe. Event Viewer doesn't tell me anything.

If you have any other ideas on what could be the culprit or if this could be something entirely different, I'm all ears. Otherwise, I'm about to take this rig to a professional since two months of tinkering on my own has done nothing.
Please it's happening to me too! I don't know what's going on