FX Magician: Lower Thirds, Virtual Deck, Bot, WebSocket...

FX Magician: Lower Thirds, Virtual Deck, Bot, WebSocket... 0.14

KingKong77

KingKong77 submitted a new resource:

FX Magician for OBS - Astounding Effects in OBS with no install, just click & go

FX Magician is really magic.
It is a Click & Go app, no installation, only by using OBS WebSocket incredible technology.

http://fxmagician.live

View attachment 99196View attachment 99197
FX Magician let you to customize some incredible effects.
FX Magician also integrates a very powerful BOT engine.

If you are not familiar with OBS WebSocket, here a video to help you to make the connection.
It would take you only 1...

Read more about this resource...

KingKong77

Fx Magician
FX magician 2.PNG

FX Magician in Action
OBS-studio.png

At first I was wondering what else I was supposed to do to get this to work. Once I tested it, it dawned on me: I'd forgotten that source creation and destruction are actually part of the Websocket spec.

Silly me.

Anyway, I tested the setup where the browser on the FX Magician page is on one computer and the target OBS Studio program is on another (I typically stream with four computers). It works just fine.

--Katt. =^.^=

KingKong77

Hello Katt,

Yes, it can work remotely.
I will publish the next week some fixes and a new great feature: a Virtual Deck for the FX and Bots.
Export/Import from a computer to an another will come later.

Thank you again for your feedback.

KingKong77

KingKong77

FX Magician Virtual Deck will be available very soon.
Here below a screenshot of the Virtual Deck.

Desktop Chrome
deck.PNG

KingKong77

Virtual Deck was released 2 days ago. Have you tried it ???

I am also here to announce a new feature that will be released before the end of this week (see screenshot below):

deck-scene-preview.png

As shown on the picture, all the scenes in OBS will be listed in the Virtual Deck.
That means you will be able to switch from a scene to another scene directly in the Virtual Deck.

Since there are a lot features now in FX Magician.
Please tell me which feature(s) you like the most and which one is not useful for you?
Give me your feedback on FX Magician and all its features (Fx, Bot and Virtual Deck), that will help me to prioritize for the next release.

AlbertSY

Hello,

Virtual Deck is very smooth, but I don't see where is the Scenes switcher.
In fact I don't see the version v0.12 in my browser.
It is still v0.11.

v0.11.png

I use Chrome, I cleared Chrome's cache, still the same.
Please check if it is v0.11 or v0.12

azido

Nice idea in general, but that should not automatically add your browser source to EVERY scene it finds. This is extremely unuseful for ppl that work with nested scenes (other scenes as sources in a scene). Think about an option to exclude where we don't want to have it in. For example my intro consists of 5 nested scenes in that particular one (Audio sources as one scene, wallpaper slideshow in another one etc.) - this means for me your browser source is active 6 times at once in my intro scene and every time i want to make use of your tool i have to manually remove your browser source afterwards..

Diamonddrake

Is the source for this available somewhere? I'd love to play around with adding features or just understanding how it works without starting from zero.

KingKong77

Nice idea in general, but that should not automatically add your browser source to EVERY scene it finds. This is extremely unuseful for ppl that work with nested scenes (other scenes as sources in a scene). Think about an option to exclude where we don't want to have it in. For example my intro consists of 5 nested scenes in that particular one (Audio sources as one scene, wallpaper slideshow in another one etc.) - this means for me your browser source is active 6 times at once in my intro scene and every time i want to make use of your tool i have to manually remove your browser source afterwards..
Hello Azido,

Thank you for your feedback.
I have not thought about the case of nested Scenes.
Since this is a big issue in this case, I have to find a way to manage it.
I hope to find a solution for the next release (probably at the end of the week)

KingKong77

KingKong77

Is the source for this available somewhere? I'd love to play around with adding features or just understanding how it works without starting from zero.
Hello Diamonddrake,

The code is not on GitHub but on a private repository hosted by Visual Studio Online (Microsoft Azure).
FX Magician is mainly inspired by Streamer.bot features and uses the same technology to communicate with OBS.
If you are familiar with Streamer.bot, you can feel some resemblances.
However, FX Magician is more limited and focus mainly on FX.

KingKong77

B2Run

Please tell me which feature(s) you like the most and which one is not useful for you?
Give me your feedback on FX Magician and all its features (Fx, Bot and Virtual Deck), that will help me to prioritize for the next release.

Useful plugin! My wishlist: a) the possibility to associate each effect to a keyboard shortcut (in this way it is manageable by Stream Deck too); b) change the fonts of the effects. Cheers!

KingKong77

Useful plugin! My wishlist: a) the possibility to associate each effect to a keyboard shortcut (in this way it is manageable by Stream Deck too); b) change the fonts of the effects. Cheers!
Hello B2Run,

Thank you for your feedbacks.
Nice suggestions, both are useful. I add them to the todo list as follows:

- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Customize FX (font, colors, size)

Actually i have to finish my current roadmap and fixes (approximately 1 month of work or maybe less) then i will start the todo list.
Be patient.

Thank you,

KK

KingKong77

Hi Azido,

After some tests with nested Scenes.
Despite there are multiple -=FX Magician=- sources, they all target to the same and unique source (duplication by reference).
Even if there are multiple -=FX Magician=- sources, there is only ONE real instance running (no CPU waste).

I have seen in some plugins the possibility to hide the source from the Sources panel (the scene exists but not listed).
Unfortunately this kind of feature requires a installation in the OBS plugins directory (FX Magician is a click & go feature, there is no 'obstrusive' install).

I am still looking for a workaround to hide the scene from the OBS Sources panel.

KK

KingKong77