Free Stream Notifications (Twitch, Paypal, Patreon)

Free Free Stream Notifications (Twitch, Paypal, Patreon)

bTOhno

Hey, BobDev I have this all setup from your videos on OpenShift.
My only question is how do I do custom sound and graphics for the notifications? I haven't found out how to get the audio file on there or where to get it.

Bamse

The easiest most basic way is to change the image and sound in the .jar file. A .jar file is basically a .zip-file so you can open it up with any compression software, 7-zip for example :)

BobDev

Hey, BobDev I have this all setup from your videos on OpenShift.
My only question is how do I do custom sound and graphics for the notifications? I haven't found out how to get the audio file on there or where to get it.
What Bamse wrote is true, also I think I already provided some comments in response to your email.
You my also watch youtube video describing css changes you can make
Below is an example how different the notification might look after you change thing or two - made by darklymedia
upload_2015-4-23_11-26-43.png

Last edited:
Whoa, I wasn't aware you could customize the short suffix like that. I'll need to take a closer look this weekend, getting hyped about it! Would you be willing to point me in the right direction so I know what to look for and change?

BobDev

Whoa, I wasn't aware you could customize the short suffix like that. I'll need to take a closer look this weekend, getting hyped about it! Would you be willing to point me in the right direction so I know what to look for and change?
If you go to config page and to additional options, you will see this

"
If you would like to change how the notification list looks from css directly,
and not use the default pseudocode system (you know the "name space suffix" stuff in twitch and paypal section)
Then select check box below and FSN will ignore the default look,
i.e. it wont show "Name $3" or "Test - New Fol" instead it will use the .childPref css element to show the suffix
"$3" and "- New Fol", this way you have more control over how the list looks
"

For example, with above checked and with some work on css file, you can achieve this:
upload_2015-4-24_9-26-51.png

The person that send me the screen made some additional changes but if you play around with css you can make it look exactly as you want.
You can compare and see what I've changed in style.7z

[EDIT] I also asked the owner of this awesome css to visit us here and share his knowledge, lets see if he will be willing to help
cleardot.gif

Attachments

• style.7z
    3.3 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

BobDev

Something is wrong with twitch API I cant login to dashboard, does anyone have the same problem?

[Edit] Fixed, please update to new version if you have problems with login to dashboard - FSN v1.077

Last edited:
Something is wrong with twitch API I cant login to dashboard, does anyone have the same problem?

[Edit] Fixed, please update to new version if you have problems with login to dashboard - FSN v1.077

Haha nice catch, I was just about to post something about that. I'll have a go at the new stylesheet as well, many thanks!

I'm having trouble logging into the dashboard. I'm stuck on the signin page after clicking "connect with twitch". I've tried multiple browsers as well has both local and openshift server. I'm running FSN v1.077

Anyone have this issue or just me?

*Edit* seems to be just me, but I can't pinpoint the problem, anyone have this problem before?

Last edited:

BobDev

I'm having trouble logging into the dashboard. I'm stuck on the signin page after clicking "connect with twitch". I've tried multiple browsers as well has both local and openshift server. I'm running FSN v1.077

Anyone have this issue or just me?

*Edit* seems to be just me, but I can't pinpoint the problem, anyone have this problem before?
Check developer console for logs, in chrome Ctrl+Shift+I

or send me a mail with your openshift url I cant take a look

BobDev

Thx to scarflare I found that I didnt release correct fix, big Thank You for letting me know

FSN v1.078 is released and should be working

SpazMan777

Hi BobDev,

As a result of the Twitch API login problem, I was forced to update to the latest version 1.078. It seems that saving to text files is broken (simply, nothing happens) when a donation is received in this version. I upgraded from version 1.062 where saving to text files worked.

Any ideas?

BobDev

Hi BobDev,

As a result of the Twitch API login problem, I was forced to update to the latest version 1.078. It seems that saving to text files is broken (simply, nothing happens) when a donation is received in this version. I upgraded from version 1.062 where saving to text files worked.

Any ideas?
Well nothing changed since that version (nothing about saving to file)
Maybe you just need to reapply permissions in browser (browser will treat it as new app so all permission are lost)?

Try that and I will test the feature ant get back to you.

BobDev

Everything seems to work fine.

In chrome however the popup didnt came up so I needed clean cache.
I dont know why but if you remember the permission settings and then update the app it does not work in chrome so you need to reapply permissions.

In general you need to see this:
upload_2015-4-29_17-27-39.png

And once the first donation will arrive you will see this:
upload_2015-4-29_17-26-39.png

Attachments

• upload_2015-4-29_17-27-30.png
    upload_2015-4-29_17-27-30.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 12
Since the success of the resub notification, I was wondering if it's possible to add an additional sound option for that particular event.

BobDev

Since the success of the resub notification, I was wondering if it's possible to add an additional sound option for that particular event.
People also requested:
  • Randomizer - play random sound from collection of sounds
  • Combo sounds - when sub/resub is shown there also is a counter and a different sound for each new combo level
I would like to implement this all but priorities:)
Out of those your request is easier to implement, I will try find some time and squeeze this to my weekend plan, no promises but it shouldn't be that complicated.

SpazMan777

Everything seems to work fine.

In chrome however the popup didnt came up so I needed clean cache.
I dont know why but if you remember the permission settings and then update the app it does not work in chrome so you need to reapply permissions.

Thanks for this tip! Sadly, this still didn't generate any text files. I've also confirmed that the option to save to PC is checked - when I upgraded, the dashboard saved all my settings.

Perhaps I upgraded the dashboard incorrectly?
On my Openshift FTP, I replaced the JAR file and deleted "mongodb.lock." Based on the video tutorial, there didn't appear to be any other steps... Thoughts?

[EDIT]: Also, is it possible to generate text files when using the "Quick Test"? I keep having to either test the text saving feature LIVE, or charging myself a donation... it's not ideal for testing.