Free Stream Notifications (Twitch, Paypal, Patreon)

Free Free Stream Notifications (Twitch, Paypal, Patreon)

Bamse

Damn, that's a tough break.
Ofc I know that there is nothing you can do about it and no one in here either (right?), but that still sucks major donkey ass :/

BobDev

Well the damn editor will help but I'm scrapped the implementation, I need to do a major rewrite to whole app to make it usable, but I will do it at some point

BobDev

I just figured out how to use getUserMedia feature of HTML5 in obs plugin
Why nobody done any overlays using this, this is amazing.

If you want to try it out:
1. Go to Settings->Browser->Runtime->Core->CommandLineArguments and add this line:
--enable-media-stream

2. Make sure you have your webcam

3. Then create new source and open this in it:
http://stemkoski.github.io/Three.js/Webcam-Test.html

BobDev

I took a break :)
If you follow my youtube then you know I've done some side projects.
Sometimes you need a break and start fresh, I have new ideas and I started to slowly go back to FSN.
Like the camera feature, there are many ways it could be used in the overlays.
I also took time to learn how to make better animations and hopefully I will be able to use that knowledge soon.

Right now I'm trying to incorporate some HTML 5 features to make the quick test and other dashboard features more responsive, next will be to make the scripts modular so that it can be easier used in future, for example in the editor.

I would like to also add some features that other overlays system have and we dont, its all a lot of work but hopefully I can balance my daily work, family life and this little hobby :)

Hey Bob, thanks for making this amazing app! I've got it running smoothly thanks to your tutorials, but I've been wondering about a feature that may or may not already exist. Since Twitch recently came out with the resub notifications, is there a way to have these show up in the FSN app?

BobDev

Hey Bob, thanks for making this amazing app! I've got it running smoothly thanks to your tutorials, but I've been wondering about a feature that may or may not already exist. Since Twitch recently came out with the resub notifications, is there a way to have these show up in the FSN app?
Well only way to do this is to check the start date field in one of the sub requests but I dont know how it works with re-subs, I was planning to add this but twitch does not really offer examples and public api is not the same as what they have in chat

Well only way to do this is to check the start date field in one of the sub requests but I dont know how it works with re-subs, I was planning to add this but twitch does not really offer examples and public api is not the same as what they have in chat
Would it be possible to have the app check the stream chat for the "name subscribed for XX months in a row!" and make a notification off that instead?

Last edited:

BobDev

Would it be possible to have the app check the stream chat for the "name subscribed for XX months in a row!" and make a notification off that instead?
The concept is rather to count the month since the start of sunscription, it is not documented but it would make sense if the start date would reset if the subscription is not renewed

The concept is rather to count the month since the start of sunscription, it is not documented but it would make sense if the start date would reset if the subscription is not renewed
I figured it would make sense for the notification to only trigger when the active subscriber clicks the "share" when the stream is online.

BobDev

I figured it would make sense for the notification to only trigger when the active subscriber clicks the "share" when the stream is online.
yeah but that is not part of the API, that would mean that I in fact need to monitor chat, which requires to implement a basic chat bot, also I'm not sure how that share button works, can you share it multiple times, does it show as text or is it part of twitch chat only?

yeah but that is not part of the API, that would mean that I in fact need to monitor chat, which requires to implement a basic chat bot, also I'm not sure how that share button works, can you share it multiple times, does it show as text or is it part of twitch chat only?
You can only share it one time on your "monthly anniversary", and I believe the message gets posted by twitchnotify.

BobDev

You can only share it one time on your "monthly anniversary", and I believe the message gets posted by twitchnotify.
i guess I'll be working on simplistic irc bot then, one problem I see ahead is that port 6667 is blocked on openshift but from what I have read port 443 and 80 should work so the implementation should be similar to what I have for paypal connection, we will see

i guess I'll be working on simplistic irc bot then, one problem I see ahead is that port 6667 is blocked on openshift but from what I have read port 443 and 80 should work so the implementation should be similar to what I have for paypal connection, we will see
Can't wait to see what you can come up with

BobDev

I love people that are leaving me messages expecting response and not providing their email
Can't wait to see what you can come up with
So you were right twitchnotify posts this in irc channel:

:twitchnotify!twitchnotify@twitchnotify.tmi.twitch.tv PRIVMSG #cohhcarnage :sc2requiem subscribed for 3 months in a row!

and it works on port 80 and 443 so openshift is a go.
Now I need to make this crud thing into an actual app and figure out how to avoid those:

• If you send more than 20 commands or messages to the server within a 30 second period, you will get locked out for 8 hours automatically. These arenotlifted so please be careful when working with IRC!
  • Mods can type 100 messages in a channel before hitting this rate limit. If a message is sent to a room in which your global message count is already too high, you will be disconnected.
  • JOINs are rate-limited to 50 JOINs per 15 seconds. Additional JOINs sent after this will cause an unsuccessful login.
I honestly wish I had more time to work on this, now when I will have actual bot we can do so much more stuff but it will take months to do it:)

BobDev

FSN v1.072 is up

So I implemented very simple chat bot and now I'm able to get sub and resub notifications from chat.

New version is up, go check it out.
You need to set this in wizard config:
upload_2015-3-22_15-11-31.png

Last edited:

Bamse

That's awesome, good work :D

Just to be sure before upgrading everything; Do I now need to implement the css done in CLR browser directly in the .css-files or is that in an upcoming version of the browser plugin?

BobDev

That's awesome, good work :D

Just to be sure before upgrading everything; Do I now need to implement the css done in CLR browser directly in the .css-files or is that in an upcoming version of the browser plugin?
Depend which version of the plugin you are using. Css injection does not work in newest plugin
Do some testing first, change something and see if it works.
If it does that means the css injection is working and you have some older version of the plugin and you can use the CSS tab in the plugin.

Bamse

Thanks, I'm running 1.070 and I've actually got no clue on what version of the CLR Browser plugin I'm running. OBS just lists "!INTERNAL VERSION!" as the version number and there's no details if i check the .dll-files properties :)

But, as you say ... I'll test it out before going live. Thanks!

BobDev

Thanks, I'm running 1.070 and I've actually got no clue on what version of the CLR Browser plugin I'm running. OBS just lists "!INTERNAL VERSION!" as the version number and there's no details if i check the .dll-files properties :)

But, as you say ... I'll test it out before going live. Thanks!
I didnt mean actual version string - obs browser plugin does not provide this, but if you did not switch to newest version and previously it worked then you are good to go.