Resource icon

FFmpeg Encoders for OBS Studio 0.4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaymar

Thank you for the prompt reply.
Please tell me how to code setting,nv12+10bit streams.

thank you.

You can't stream in 10 bit unless you find a H264 encoder and decoder capable of a 10-bit profile. To my knowledge, no current hardware encoder supports it.

Weizhi

You can't stream in 10 bit unless you find a H264 encoder and decoder capable of a 10-bit profile. To my knowledge, no current hardware encoder supports it.
Can the FFmpeg encoder call a 10-bit x264 software encoder to encode the streams?

laslite

Hi all,

I would like pass sur custom command:
-vf "tblend=average,framestep=2

But that change nothing but in my "normal" ffmpeg it work.

Could you give me correct syntax ?

Regards

Xaymar

Hi all,

I would like pass sur custom command:
-vf "tblend=average,framestep=2

But that change nothing but in my "normal" ffmpeg it work.

Could you give me correct syntax ?

Regards

You can't set ffmpeg filter options, only ffmpeg encoder options. For the former, try custom ffmpeg output.

tulenik

It seems like Presets aren't doing anything. Is this "OK for now" or am I doing something bad?
I can use HEVC NVENC when using old ffmpeg interface but I cannot use it with this plugin; when changing presets, all settings below remain still the same.

Xaymar

It seems like Presets aren't doing anything. Is this "OK for now" or am I doing something bad?
I can use HEVC NVENC when using old ffmpeg interface but I cannot use it with this plugin; when changing presets, all settings below remain still the same.

Presets do not modify the settings below visually. If you leave them at default, you will get the values defined by the preset, otherwise your own values will be used.

BluePeer

Hi
I have a "problem" by encoding with ffmpeg 264 and 264
In random timeranges the encoder stop working
OBS triggers a render stoped but at wired points
if i stream and record bottom with nvenc and it stops
obs only see one stopping the secound remains but stopped too encode process will remain active until obs close
no error message in log file
first i think there is some overload (but encoder never over 25% usage) gpu and vram load fine gpu 40-60% vram 40-95%
crashes on vram down 70% too

is there a way to find out why the encoder crash?

the only reply it gives (not every time) is
[obs-ffmpeg-encoder] Failed to receive packet: Invalid argument (-22).

i try to switch the stream on x264 to prevent the nvenc of crash by overload
but that makes the same issue the time to the crash increases a little bit by 1.2x-1.5x but with same result
it makes no different if i use on nvenc the 264 or 265 settings make no different too try about 100 different combinations of settings all result in this error only the time to is variable

only i seen as a factor for crash is high motion there is a increased chance to crash if you have long time really fast movement on over 80% of the resolution

GPU is a 1660 Super 6GB

Xaymar

GPU and CPU load are caused by the encoder itself, which is provided by the hardware manufacturer - in this case Nvidia. Any excess GPU usage is from OBS Studio, from the Driver or from ffmpeg itself (which is a bit hard to believe).

Crashes in hardware encoders usually come from unsatisfactory cooling, stability issues, bad CPU overclocking, memory corruption, gpu overclocking, and many other reasons. Since you can reproduce the crash on another encoder which uses the CPU only and not provided by the plugin, the plugin is not at fault and you are using the wrong thread to get support.

BluePeer

i think you misunderstand something

"Since you can reproduce the crash on another encoder which uses the CPU only and not provided by the plugin, the plugin is not at fault and you are using the wrong thread to get support. "

thats wrong its still the nvenc

First the issue started on use 2 nvenc sessions
stream and record so i switched to
stream x264 and record nvenc to reduce the load if the nvenc is overloaded
but in this setup with the half load on nvenc made the same -22 error on the nvenc session

There is no OC on cpu/memory
the cpu is watercooled ~40°c
the gpu is base none oc too with 54°c

but the error report with the -22 does not tells me anything i can work on

Xaymar

i think you misunderstand something

"Since you can reproduce the crash on another encoder which uses the CPU only and not provided by the plugin, the plugin is not at fault and you are using the wrong thread to get support. "

thats wrong its still the nvenc

First the issue started on use 2 nvenc sessions
stream and record so i switched to
stream x264 and record nvenc to reduce the load if the nvenc is overloaded
but in this setup with the half load on nvenc made the same -22 error on the nvenc session

There is no OC on cpu/memory
the cpu is watercooled ~40°c
the gpu is base none oc too with 54°c

but the error report with the -22 does not tells me anything i can work on

Sorry, but your english writing is very hard to read. A log file of the problem would have made things much easier to understand, but now I get it. Unfortunately I can't reproduce this issue on my system, which points to it being an issue with your exact system setup. What exactly went wrong is something you'll have to find out yourself, including the steps to reproduce the problem.

My best guess is that your exact settings actually take a little bit longer than 1 frame to encode, which causes the frame queue to grow until it runs out of memory on the CPU or GPU (whichever comes first). The size of the frame queue is currently not limited, and this will likely change one FFmpeg Encoders is merged into StreamFX. Currently there is a feature freeze until the merge into StreamFX can be done, after which maintaining the plugins will be much easier.

Hey! I have a question. I installed it on my system and everything is working amazingly! But I had 2 friends install it in the same way, and the encoders don't show up for them (both Nvidia GPU users) Are there any prerequisite programs or plugins required for this to work? And does it need to be in the default OBS install folder? Also, just so I can try and get it working on their PCs, do you have a download with just the plugin folders and files so I can try and install it manually? I've been using OBS for years so it shouldn't be that hard.

Xaymar

Hey! I have a question. I installed it on my system and everything is working amazingly! But I had 2 friends install it in the same way, and the encoders don't show up for them (both Nvidia GPU users) Are there any prerequisite programs or plugins required for this to work? And does it need to be in the default OBS install folder? Also, just so I can try and get it working on their PCs, do you have a download with just the plugin folders and files so I can try and install it manually? I've been using OBS for years so it shouldn't be that hard.

See Installation Guide, Visual C++ 2019 Redist is required to run the plugin.

Xaymar

FFmpeg Encoders is being merged into StreamFX to drastically reduce the maintenance work required. This also allows me to produce higher quality updates as both plugins mostly rely on the same code to interface with libobs (most of which just deals with workarounds).

Status
Not open for further replies.