Rdelaura

I will stream again in the morning w/o recording to see if that helps. I'll also re-try and new encoder. In terms of bit rate, I get 50 Mbps, should I really have to turn that down?

carlmmii

50mbps up? If so, then it would be a matter of connection reliability to wherever you're uploading to. Unfortunately, I don't know enough about restream.io for connection quality testing. If you were going straight to twitch, I would recommend using R1CH's connection quality testing tool to determine the best ingest server.

Rdelaura

I JUST recently started to try Restream and this morning I am going to just do Twitch to see if that helps. Again, I really do appreciate the help and you taking your time to try and help me.

WizardCM

Forum Moderator
Community Helper
Thank you very much for the extremely informative reply. I am currently installing the hotfix as we speak.

As for the secondary display issue, is this still a problem for users if I have hardware acceleration disabled? If so how might I go about capping my refresh rate at 60 on my displays so as to mitigate this problem?

Lastly I've tried both encoders to no avail. There really isn't a concern for hardware with the capabilities they have, 9th gen i5, 1050ti, and 24GB DDR4 so there shouldn't be a hardware issue.
The OBS video preview always runs hardware accelerated, to provide the best performance. In the Windows Settings app, go to System -> Display -> Advanced display settings -> choose your >60Hz monitor from the dropdown -> click "Display adapter properties for display" -> "Monitor" tab -> and change the "Screen refresh rate" to 60Hz. Hit Apply, OK, and you're good to go. Personally I switch this back out of 60Hz when I want to play games without recording/streaming, but that's up to you.

Yodonashi

The OBS video preview always runs hardware accelerated, to provide the best performance. In the Windows Settings app, go to System -> Display -> Advanced display settings -> choose your >60Hz monitor from the dropdown -> click "Display adapter properties for display" -> "Monitor" tab -> and change the "Screen refresh rate" to 60Hz. Hit Apply, OK, and you're good to go. Personally I switch this back out of 60Hz when I want to play games without recording/streaming, but that's up to you.
Sounds good, I did look in my settings and my monitors are already set to 60hz so I'm thinking im just going to have to roll back everything from my drivers to obs to windows itself until everything is stable again. Right now I can't really stream and it's costing me a fair bit.

GamerHelpU

Hi, I have the same problem, recently update my pc and start using 2 monitor (VGA)
PC
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3200g + vega 8
RAM: 12gb ram (4gb @ 2666 + 8gb @ 2666)
MotherBoard: GA A320-s2h v2
Game Mode:ON

Since i add more ram and use the second monitor, my codex start overload, for no reasson, since when i have 1 monitor and 8gb ram (2x4gb @ 2666) i could stream League of Legends at high settings normally, at 720p 30fps (OBS Settings) , but now i can't since start getting lag on OBS and the warnig of Codex Overload , I change the setting to use CPU instead of GPU to stream and that makes a little bit of less lag, but still, maybe it could be the other monitor that I add to my pc ?

I use 2 vga monitor, using an adaptor a the regular VGA input