Question / Help Dual Audio Tracks Work in VLC, but Only One Shows Up In Sony Vegas 15

TheRealFizz

So the problem is just as the title suggest, I set OBS to record two audio tracks one for my mic and one for game sound. In VLC I can switch from track 2 to track 3 and hear my game audio on track 2 and my mic on track 3. When I import it to Sony Vegas Pro 15 only one audio track shows and that's track 2. I've watched tons of videos, looked at tons of forums, and googled everything I can possibly think of and can't fix it. I've also added the log if that helps.

Screenshot_5.png

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_3.png

Attachments

• 2020-03-26 06-59-39.txt
    10.5 KB · Views: 22

koala

If you see and are able to switch between and listen to 2 tracks with VLC, the 2 tracks are present and contain sound. It seems, Sony Vegas isn't able to properly recognize additional tracks. This isn't the first report - other people mentioned this as well in this forum, but you're the first who verified without doubt the tracks were written to the video file by OBS properly. So it seems a Sony Vegas issue, no OBS issue.

As workaround, you might export audio tracks with some other software, for example Avidemux or Audacity, and include them as additional external audio file with Sony Vegas, if Sony Vegas supports adding additional files (I don't know that software).

Last edited:

TheRealFizz

If you see and are able to switch between and listen to 2 tracks with VLC, the 2 tracks are present and contain sound. It seems, Sony Vegas isn't able to properly recognize additional tracks. This isn't the first report - other people mentioned this as well in this forum, but you're the first who verified without doubt the tracks were properly written to the video file by OBS properly. So it seems a Sony Vegas issue, no OBS issue.

As workaround, you might export audio tracks with some other software, for example Avidemux or Audacity, and include them as additional external audio file with Sony Vegas, if Sony Vegas supports adding additional files (I don't know that software).
That sounds like a good idea I'm gonna try your work around now. (Also I didn't know others were having this issue that's kinda useful to hear ty)

TheRealFizz

If you see and are able to switch between and listen to 2 tracks with VLC, the 2 tracks are present and contain sound. It seems, Sony Vegas isn't able to properly recognize additional tracks. This isn't the first report - other people mentioned this as well in this forum, but you're the first who verified without doubt the tracks were properly written to the video file by OBS properly. So it seems a Sony Vegas issue, no OBS issue.

YOU'RE A GENIUS!!! This workaround worked immediately I was able to get my mic audio separate thank you times a thousand man.

FerretBomb

YOU'RE A GENIUS!!! This workaround worked immediately I was able to get my mic audio separate thank you times a thousand man.
Just as a mention, it may be another symptom of video editors NOT liking MP4 files recorded directly with OBS. Premiere and Vegas are known to throw fits over the files output by OBS when recording directly to MP4 (which you should never, ever do for a LOT of reasons).

Try recording to MKV, and from the OBS File menu, select Remux Recordings to convert the MKV to MP4. Vegas may be able to 'see' the other audio tracks in a remuxed version, plus you won't run the risk of any tiny hiccup corrupting your entire recording irrecoverably, which is the case when direct-recording to MP4.