Comprehensive Stopwatch & Countdown Timer

OBS Lua Comprehensive Stopwatch & Countdown Timer 5.8

ViniJusty

Love the script thx.
But I'm having trouble with the marker settings
I set a marker at 00:00:005 and put the audio "Alarme" (means alarm)
The text does change colour but I cant hear anything. its a mp3 of an alarm ringing.
Am I setting something wrong ?
Screenshot_1.png

lcalder

Thank you for the feedback, it is much appreciated. Please show your support with a rating.

This is fixed in version 5.2, Not released yet.

View attachment 97334

Thanks for reporting, fixed for 5.2 release.

It will be covered in an upcoming video. In the meanwhile, the correct format is '00:00:00' or "HH:MM:SS" add it purely as:

HH:MM:SS

without any parentheses or enclosing quotes as follow: View attachment 97335

Set trigger 'Marker A' to '00:00:05' to trigger it at 5 seconds and set 'marker B' to '00:00:10' to trigger at 10 seconds.

View attachment 97330

View attachment 97331

Again, I will walk this through in an upcoming video. The Normal Color is what the timer text must be before it is updated by Marker A or B triggers. In certain circumstances the text will revert back to the Normal Color after being changed by a Marker A or B trigger.

View attachment 97332

NOTE: Marker A & Marker B Color Settings will only become visible if a trigger time for Marker A & Marker B Color has been defined.

The color definitions for 'Normal', 'Marker A' and 'Marker B' must override the FreeType2 Text options (Text Source Font Properties). The only exception is, if the features have been disabled in the Script Property: "Disabled Features", then the FreeType2 Text options (Text Source Font Properties) will apply and will NOT be overridden by 'Normal', 'Marker A' and 'Marker B' color settings.

View attachment 97333

If Reset Marker A or B text is set to '0' the Normal Color will not be applied after it was changed by Marker A or B. If however you entered a value then the Normal Color will be applied after the defined value (in seconds)

Reset Marker A after 3 Seconds

View attachment 97336

Reset Marker A disabled when set to '0'

View attachment 97337
@GrumpyDog I know some of the colorchange problems with my Macos ARM version may be tricky to reproduce/fix...
Is there a way to release the new 5.2 version you mentioned above which fixes the RESET error earlier without waiting for corrections/fixes for the color stuff? I keep triggering the Lua error triggered by Reset, whereas the problem of the digits not changing color can wait for whatever time.

Thanks for your useful plugin.

GrumpyDog

Would be very neat to have this be dockable inside of OBS, this way a person could adjust a timer much easier.. by adding in 2 minutes, or subtracting 10..

Please reach out to Exeldro and ask him if he can consider to move the (Script Load Plugin / Script Settings Dock) plugin that support this feature up his "ToDO" list.

GrumpyDog

Love the script thx.
But I'm having trouble with the marker settings
I set a marker at 00:00:005 and put the audio "Alarme" (means alarm)
The text does change colour but I cant hear anything. its a mp3 of an alarm ringing.
Am I setting something wrong ?
View attachment 97759
If You click on the Source Visibility, can you hear the MP3 file playing?

1695032424824.png
Hidden

1695032468239.png
Visible

If you can not hear the media, you need to enable "Monitor & Output"

1695032455906.png

You can get there by the "Advanced Settings" in "Audio Mixer"

1695032612679.png

GrumpyDog

GrumpyDog updated Comprehensive Stopwatch & Countdown Timer with a new update entry:

Version 5.2

Thank you lcalder for your valuable feedback.

NEW FEATURES

- Timer Reset

This feature has been expanded to accommodate reset during "Timer Activation Options".

View attachment 97783

- Timer Activation Options:

"Manually":
Default, Timer start and end on user interaction via Button or Hotkey

"Timer Source Visible"
Timer starts if the 'Timer Text Source' is visible on any display and/or on the main...

Read the rest of this update entry...

GrumpyDog

@GrumpyDog I know some of the colorchange problems with my Macos ARM version may be tricky to reproduce/fix...
Is there a way to release the new 5.2 version you mentioned above which fixes the RESET error earlier without waiting for corrections/fixes for the color stuff? I keep triggering the Lua error triggered by Reset, whereas the problem of the digits not changing color can wait for whatever time.

Thanks for your useful plugin.

Okay, I released 5.2 but I have been very busy (work and life) and have not had free time to fully test 5.2. I hope I did not break something else when I fixed the bugs reported.

I dusted off my old Mac like I promised, but turns out OBS required a more recent version of OSX (It was running High Sierra), so I have been in the process of installing this on a PC with OpenCore. I have run into more snags but as soon as I get OSX running I will be able to test for the colour change bug and hopefully work a fix. Its gonna be a while.

lcalder

Okay, I released 5.2 but I have been very busy (work and life) and have not had free time to fully test 5.2. I hope I did not break something else when I fixed the bugs reported.

I dusted off my old Mac like I promised, but turns out OBS required a more recent version of OSX (It was running High Sierra), so I have been in the process of installing this on a PC with OpenCore. I have run into more snags but as soon as I get OSX running I will be able to test for the colour change bug and hopefully work a fix. Its gonna be a while.
Wow. So much appreciate your work on this plugin. It's great as it is. So no rush. Thanks for the 5.2 update!

lcalder

Wow. So much appreciate your work on this plugin. It's great as it is. So no rush. Thanks for the 5.2 update!
BTW I tried the 5.2 and it seems to work just fine.

On the color problem, I might be able to offer a potential clue: I am now mostly using ARM Macs for OBS, but was going back and forth between Mac and PC for sometime until Mac OBS stabilized enough (I've historically been a PC person). The M2 Pro can just barely handle what my 32-coreThreadRipper 3970x with RTX3090ti was able to do, excepting it's much more portable and uses <200Watts while the TR sucks 700-1200Watts.

Anyway, one thing I noticed when transferring scene collections between PC/MAC was that on a few lua scripts I had to completely replace the TextSources as the PC uses GDI+ and the MAC uses Freetype2. There are options that each TextSource type has that only exist on one of the platforms but not the other and vice versa.

I'm not sure if the color problem is related to such differences between properties of the Text Source for the two OSes, but I notice that the color I set inside the Freetype2 on Macos is what shows on the screen... not the 'normal', 'marker a' and 'marker b' colors established in your lua script.

Maybe there's a clue here... or not.
Anyway, thanks for your work, and no rush on this minor color problem.

GrumpyDog

On the color problem, I might be able to offer a potential clue: ... TextSources as the PC uses GDI+ and the MAC uses Freetype2.

You hit the nail on the head there, and helped me focus straight onto the problem, saving me lots of time. This was part one of the issue. Part two is that the Text Source Color reference for windows is "color" and for Mac is "color1" and "color2". I tested the color change on Mac and it works now (:

Again thank you for your help and patience!

Timboxyz

I have just updated OBS to 30.0.0 and both this script, and the alternative "Countdown Timer" dock don't count on Program output!!! They are fine on Preview but stopped on Program.
MYSreamTimer which writes to an external file still works fine so it seems to be an issue with OBS core.

Timboxyz

I have just updated OBS to 30.0.0 and both this script, and the alternative "Countdown Timer" dock don't count on Program output!!! They are fine on Preview but stopped on Program.
MYSreamTimer which writes to an external file still works fine so it seems to be an issue with OBS core.
This was on MacOS Ventura. Did the same upgrade on WIn11 and it was all fine!!!

GrumpyDog

I will keep an eye on this. Thank you for the feedback.

Timboxyz

I will keep an eye on this. Thank you for the feedback.
If there is anything specific I can test to help let me know, it appears to be an issue on some installations only so as I have one of the duff ones I might be able to find something. So far nothing shows up in the logs.