Comprehensive Stopwatch & Countdown Timer

OBS Lua Comprehensive Stopwatch & Countdown Timer 5.8

andycute70

Could Stopwatch be used for soccer? Trying to setup a stopwatch that could start from minute 45 (second half) but that would not turn into hour after 59:59", but instead keep going until I stop it (90' or more).

GrumpyDog

GrumpyDog updated Comprehensive Stopwatch & Countdown Timer with a new update entry:

Version 4.8

Version 4.8

Please backup your old file before replacing it. Report any issues (:

NEW FEATURES

- Custom Minute Format:

Custom Minute Format that supports minute formats of any length. To use open Scipt settings go to 'Time Format' and set to 'Custom Time Format' and define the time stamp you require. To adjust the minute format you need to add the following syntax: '{M90}' Add 'M' and number enclosed in '{}' to adjust minute format: {M90} will display 90 minutes units. The...

Read the rest of this update entry...

GrumpyDog

Could Stopwatch be used for soccer? Trying to setup a stopwatch that could start from minute 45 (second half) but that would not turn into hour after 59:59", but instead keep going until I stop it (90' or more).

This feature is now supported. Thank you for the suggestion and feedback.

ogrepog

Hello! I don't seem to have an option to add a Text Source?
I'm using latest OBS

Attachments

• 1675398586276.png
    1675398586276.png
    27.7 KB · Views: 73

BobRossLives

I cannot get the Countdown text colors to change using 'Marker A Time' and 'Marker B Time'. The 'Normal Color' works, but neither 'Marker A Color' nor 'Mark B Color' work during the countdown.

Time Format: $M:$S
Marker A Time: 00:00:10
Marker B Time: 00:00:05
I am not using 'Marker A Audio' or 'Marker B Audio' (yet)
Media Playback Limit: Disabled
Marker Notes: Disabled

OBS 29.0.2
StopWatch.lua: 4.8
Any suggestions?

GrumpyDog

I cannot get the Countdown text colors to change using 'Marker A Time' and 'Marker B Time'. The 'Normal Color' works, but neither 'Marker A Color' nor 'Mark B Color' work during the countdown.

OBS 29.0.2
Any suggestions?
I will test to try and replicate and get back to you.

GrumpyDog

OBS 29.0.2
Any suggestions?

Fixed in the new update

kilroys1

Not sure this is a problem with the scrip or obs or my computer. It's working only in preview mode. When I do the transition scene, the timers update on program mode only once, and freeze it, while in preview mode, timers keep running. I'm running the latest versions. Any ideas?

Seamas73

In versions 4.7-4.9 doesn't work checkbox "Reset timer on source visible". In script versions 4.1-4.6 autoreset of stopwatch on source getting visible works fine.

Mark S.

Hello!

First of all I want to say this script is excellent and I'm finding much use for it, so thank you

Second, I'm wondering if there's a way to insert multiple markers (or have the same marker play more than once at different timestamps). I don't see one but figured I'd ask anyway to see if there's something I missed.

For a stopwatch, I want to trigger audio cues and text colour change at multiple different timestamps, while having the text colour revamp back to what the Normal colour was each time.

example:
00:00:00 - stopwatch begins
00:04:30 - Marker A audio plays and text colour change
00:05:30 - Text colour changes back to normal
00:09:30 - Marker A audio plays and text colour changes again
00:10:30 - text colour changes back to normal

The idea is to have warning time stamps just before the: 5, 10, 15, 25, and 40 minute mark.

If there was more than just 2 markers than I know it would work, but it doesn't appear that is the case. However, that's why I'm wondering if there is a way to have the same marker repeat twice, just at different timestamps, while also having the ability to have the marker revamp to what is "Normal".

Thank you again!

mady

Hey, Basic shows all the basic stuff only. To see all the options, set to Configuation to 'Advanced' and Timer /Marker to 'Expanded'
hi i just wanted to let you know this is not very intuitive, i had to scroll through all the forums just to see this because all the tutorials and images on the download page show an always visible source dropdown and i thought i'd done something wrong

GrumpyDog

hi i just wanted to let you know this is not very intuitive, i had to scroll through all the forums just to see this because all the tutorials and images on the download page show an always visible source dropdown and i thought i'd done something wrong
Hey, I know it is not currently very intuitive, and I do apologise for any frustration or inconvenience caused. The Script has evolved from its initial release and consequently become more complex. I hope to address this soon by releasing a YouTube tutorial on the Script. If this happens, it will hopefully be more helpful. In the meanwhile, if you struggle, let me know, and I will see if I can assist you.

I will update the Script Description page soon.

supersime

Hey @GrumpyDog ... I'm having trouble loading the script in Ubuntu 22.04... in fact, it just crashes OBS Studio when I try to add the script. I just downloaded it using the method you described in the video (i.e. v4.10 from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/midnight-studios/obs-lua/main/StopWatch.lua, saved as .obs file, and tried to add via Tools > Scripts. I click the +, select the file and OBS Studio crashes. I am using OBS Studio 29.1.3 (64 bit). Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to get a log file... i.e. there are no log entries created as the app crashes.
Have you any thoughts on where to look?
Cheers!

supersime

Hey @GrumpyDog ... I'm having trouble loading the script in Ubuntu 22.04... in fact, it just crashes OBS Studio when I try to add the script. I just downloaded it using the method you described in the video (i.e. v4.10 from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/midnight-studios/obs-lua/main/StopWatch.lua, saved as .obs file, and tried to add via Tools > Scripts. I click the +, select the file and OBS Studio crashes. I am using OBS Studio 29.1.3 (64 bit). Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to get a log file... i.e. there are no log entries created as the app crashes.
Have you any thoughts on where to look?
Cheers!
I just found this online lua tester at https://rextester.com/l/lua_online_compiler, and see this error:
Code:
Error(s), warning(s):
lua5.3: ...Desktop/rextester_linux_2.0/usercode/55054246/source.lua:453: attempt to index a nil value (global 'obs')
stack traceback:
    ...Desktop/rextester_linux_2.0/usercode/55054246/source.lua:453: in main chunk
    [C]: in ?

Looks like maybe this:
Code:
last_state_marker_a                    = obs.OBS_MEDIA_STATE_NONE,

supersime

I just found this online lua tester at https://rextester.com/l/lua_online_compiler, and see this error:
Code:
Error(s), warning(s):
lua5.3: ...Desktop/rextester_linux_2.0/usercode/55054246/source.lua:453: attempt to index a nil value (global 'obs')
stack traceback:
    ...Desktop/rextester_linux_2.0/usercode/55054246/source.lua:453: in main chunk
    [C]: in ?

Looks like maybe this:
Code:
last_state_marker_a                    = obs.OBS_MEDIA_STATE_NONE,
Yeah OK that might be my bad. Maybe that's just because I've tried to compile it online, and the obslua module isn't available there. Sorry.