Question / Help Can anyone tell me what's the difference between these 2 OBS Logs?

frozenkuku

Hello guys,

So I recently had 2 streams done at 1080p60fps @ Medium preset. When I watched the VODs individually after the streams, I realized that one of them had some kind of stuttering throughout, while the other was crispy smooth. Both streams, I played Fortnite, and I definitely do not like it and wish to fix it but I do not know the root of the problem and was hoping I could get some help here.

Before we proceed, here are my computer specs for a dual PC setup.

Game PC:
R5 1600
GTX 1080 TI
16 gb RAM

Stream PC:
R7 2700X
GTX 1060 6gb
16 gb RAM

Both PCs are using NDI plugin with LAN cable so there's no issue there. I will include the 2 log files labelled 'Smooth' and 'Stutter' so that you guys can check it out. I know for sure that my setup definitely can stream 1080p60fps with no problems but I need to solve this stuttering as well. In fact, another issue is also that the audio keeps crackling going static sometimes during the streams... but we can tackle that another time...

Thank you for your time and help in advance!

Attachments

• Smooth.txt
    14.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Stutter.txt
    15.1 KB · Views: 25

frozenkuku

Sorry, I forgot to add the Game PC OBS logs as well just in case.

Attachments

• Game PC Smooth.txt
    25.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Game PC Stutter.txt
    27.8 KB · Views: 28

Narcogen

So you're recording on the gaming PC but also streaming on the LAN via NDI, and then doing a stream output from a 2nd PC, yes?

All I see so far is a small amount of rendering lag on the gaming PC:

00:07:45.995: Output 'simple_file_output': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 16 (1.2%)

Indicating you should cap in-game framerate or otherwise drop the game's load on the GPU so that OBS has resources to render frames.

frozenkuku

Hello! Thank you for your reply.

Oh, no I'm not recording on any of the PC's at all. I usually only 'test' record before going live just to check the audio and stuff. After that, I stop recording, and then go live on the stream PC.

I recently did a stream where I switched from 1080p to 720p and I still noticed some roughness in the frames, I'm really not sure if the issue is coming from the game PC or stream PC.

Can I show you 2 clips of the smooth and stutter streams?

Narcogen

Hello! Thank you for your reply.

Oh, no I'm not recording on any of the PC's at all. I usually only 'test' record before going live just to check the audio and stuff. After that, I stop recording, and then go live on the stream PC.

I think the rendering lag on the gaming PC will still affect your NDI feed, though, because I think OBS needs to render the frame before it can do anything with it-- record, stream, or send via NDI.