CamooZ - Save & restore camera settings

CamooZ - Save & restore camera settings 7.4.1 - Support for non-USB cams

M4SC

Hey there,
i'm using CamooZ for a while now and love it for a quick configuration of my Logitech Brio. Updated to 7.3.3 yesterday and registered the full version to load my profile i made earlier. To use it for my new Stream Deck i need to run it in the background, so i activated the "start minimized" option to move it to the system tray.
Is it possible to remove the CamooZ window from the taskbar, as long as it stays in the system tray? It's not really clickable there, until you click "restore" in the system tray. So hiding it in the taskbar would be a logical decision for me.
Anyway, thanks for the hard work you're doing, it's a great tool for managing cam settings and as a programmer i respect the countless hours spent until now. Keep going mate :)

falti

@M4SC

Thanks for your message. Appreciate it entirely ;-)

Let me look into your request. I agree with you: when CamooZ is sent to tray it should not be visible in the taskbar...

falti

falti updated CamooZ - Save & restore camera settings with a new update entry:

7.3.6 - New Insta360 Support smoother PTZR

I purchased an Insta360 Link. Turns out the software that comes with it allows saving different cam position settings as well as hotkeys.
BUT: when pressing the buttons or using hotkeys the Insta360zooms, pans or tilts at full speed.

So I have decided to work even more on the SmoothPTZR functionality and allow the user to choose between 0 and 128 milliseconds of delay between the individual cam positions. Turned out nicely - see the video here...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Spanisch24

Hi, this App works great with my Logitech C925e! I am also using a Sony ZV-1 as a webcam, but camooz doesn't find it. Am I doing something wrong? By the way: my "DroidCam OBS" isn't found either!
Will there be updates for this?
ty
Manuel

falti

@Spanisch24
Thanks a lot. I update CamooZ pretty often. You could help me with 1 thing: when you work with your Sony ZV-1 in OBS: can you configure it IN
OBS with the "configure video" button? If not, then it's not configurable and CamooZ cannot do anything about that. If it is configurable in OBS then maybe I am missing something in my code ;-)

I just tested with Droidcam OBS on my own machine - Droidcam is not configurable with Windows API - hence CamooZ cannot help with that.

So can you please check both with the Sony?

1670278896901.png

Last edited:

Spanisch24

Thank you so much for answering so quickly!
Unfortunately the ZV-1 configuration page pops up but it's all greyed out .
Sony configuration in Windows.png

It's a pity because I love your app.

falti

@ROCAS
Thanks for trying ;-)
It all depends on 2 things:
1) What is the camera capable of?
2) How much of that functionality is being made available to Windows DirectShow by the maker through their driver? Sometimes certain functions can only be controlled by their software and not with Windows methods - and as CamooZ is built on DirectShow it can only do what the driver allows / cam supports.

Best way to see what the cam can do in CamooZ would be if you did this:

In OBS click on the "configure video" button.
1670345595557.png

Alternatively in CamooZ click on the button below:
1670345741356.png

Then let me see (with screenshots posted here) the two tabs of the dialog that comes up:
1670345871260.png

1670345882027.png

I can say more about this then.

Cheers

Falti

falti

7.3.8 - Start CamooZ with Windows / Load multiple profiles automatically at program start

For each camera (!) you can now make one profile the Autostart Profile. When CamooZ starts next time it will automatically activate all such profiles. (This should save you the fiddling with command line parameters)

View attachment 89837

Also you can now set CamooZ to start with Windows (actually with your login) and an entry will be made in
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

View attachment 89839

Canopus_Cat

Just wanted to let you know CamooZ is a little glitchy with Xbox360 Live Vision cameras, the only adjustable options they have are the white balance and exposure. But the driver reports more are user adjustable and it creates an exception, even for the ones you can change on occasion.

I did manage to set profiles by having the cameras active in OBS and running CamooZ. I had to restart the program a few times since if the camera was open on start-up it would work normally. If refreshed or trying to adjust sliders it doesn't have access to, it would start having camera exception issues and freeze the gui, which would then need CamooZ to be restarted. This is very much an edge use case, since I'm not sure anyone else are using these but it might be something to look at =)

Attachments

• webcams.png
    webcams.png
    95.7 KB · Views: 28

falti

Hi @Canopus_Cat
thanks for letting me know.

Can you please make screenshots of the 2 tabs of the DirectX standard dialog for your Xbox360 Live Vision camera (the window you get when clicking the "configure video" button in OBS)? I'd love to see what's available and what's grayed out there...

Also please tell me if this is a webcam connected to your PC or if an actual Xbox is right in the middle somehow. If it's connected to a PC I might buy one and play with it myself - and see whether the driver indeed reports implausible status or if I need to fix something.

Cheers

Falti

falti

7.3.9 - Tray and autoload enhancements

• The Autoload System can now be completely toggled on or off
  • After auto-loading a profile it will now properly show in header and as profile box selection (image 1)
  • The misleading description "start minimized next time" has been replaced with "hide in tray after start"
  • Added option to send CamooZ to tray rather then exiting when pressing the upper right "X" or Alt-F4
  • Added an option to make showing the log after auto-load optional

[ATTACH...

Canopus_Cat

So either I misremembered or OBS managed to take control of more of the options, I swear it wouldn't let me change anything but the white balance and exposure the last time. It's a little out of focus because I have a wide angle lens attached to the front.

Attachments

• web1.png
    web1.png
    409.8 KB · Views: 28
  • web2.png
    web2.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 29
  • web3.png
    web3.png
    62.9 KB · Views: 28

Canopus_Cat

Edit: I ran out of edit time so to add to my above post,

They're connected to my PC.
Well now it's also working allot smoother, if you change the sliders too fast you can get this error and also crash the camera. But it's working allot better than it was, maybe it had something to do with the automatic shut off when not in use?

Attachments

• web4.png
    web4.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 28

falti

@Canopus_Cat
Thanks for your messages.
What exact model are you using? I'm considering buying one myself to I can test and play with it, and see if I can make CamooZ work better with it.
Cheers
Falti