CamooZ - Save & restore camera settings

CamooZ - Save & restore camera settings 7.4.1 - Support for non-USB cams

lboss

I've been using CamooZ for a couple of months and absolutely love it. Something happened when I tried to open it today. The app flashes quickly on my screen and then disappears. The icon remains visible on the taskbar but I cannot get the app to be visible. I've confirmed it's not hiding behind another window, confirmed it's not in a different monitor, etc, etc. The problem is probably on my end but i'm at a loss for how to fix it. Any help would be appreciated. It worked fine 2 days ago. Windows 11 CamooZ 7.2.9a Thank you

falti

Hi @lboss
love to hear that you like my little tool.
Your issue looks like you unintentionally clicked the option "start minimized next time". So that's what it does ;-)

To resolve: on the right side of the Windows desktop taskbar there are mini icons in the so called task notification area.

Often a new icon gets hidden there, so you may have to click on the leftmost of them if it has a little arrow pointing north. That will open the hidden ones.

Then click or dbl-click the CamooZ icon and the app will show.

Then in the app click the settings button (lower side, leftmost button, closest to the Streamdeck icon.

Then deselect the "start minimized" mode
;-)

Cheers

Falti

Last edited:

jstrawks

1668433178772.png

I'm just launching Camooz for the first time and I don't know what to make of this, as I'm not even sure what precisely is meant by "deactivate and activate". Does that mean to remove it entirely from OBS? Deactivae and activate the Windows driver? It's not clear to me. TIA

falti

@jstrawks

Thanks for your message. What device would you like to control with CamooZ to begin with? A USB webcam or indeed this Cam Link 4k? Do you see anytrhing else before this message window pops up?

With deactivate/activate what I mean is this button:
1668434802072.png

I have never tested with a Cam Link 4k device. Is it configurable from what you see in OBS? Meaning - what happens when you press this button:
1668434777547.png

Do you see a dialog like this one?
1668434824376.png

Cheers
Falti

jstrawks

@jstrawks

Thanks for your message. What device would you like to control with CamooZ to begin with? A USB webcam or indeed this Cam Link 4k? Do you see anytrhing else before this message window pops up?

With deactivate/activate what I mean is this button:
View attachment 88783

I have never tested with a Cam Link 4k device. Is it configurable from what you see in OBS? Meaning - what happens when you press this button:
View attachment 88782

Do you see a dialog like this one?
View attachment 88784

Cheers
Falti
Camlink 4K is my primary camera but not my only camera. No, I don't see anything before that dialog box. Yes, Camlink 4K configures like any other camera in OBS. Thank you for the quick reply. I will try the OBS deactivate function and report back.

jstrawks

Same dialog box after deactivation. FWIW, I didn't have OBS launched when I first saw this dialog. I get it with or without OBS running and apparently with or without Camlink 4K activated in OBS. I'm trying a reboot now. I didn't reboot after installing Camooz.

falti

@jstrawks I made a special build for you here.
Can you please test it?

If you have the time you'd help me with the CamLink 4K if you did this on top:
  1. Download and run https://download.sysinternals.com/files/DebugView.zip
  2. Start CamooZ.exe with a command line parameter as follows: "C:\whereever_you_stored_it\CamooZ.exe" -trace
    1668438555481.png

3. As a result you should see something like this in debugview:
    1666526387489.png

4. Save the LOG-file and send it to me via PM or show it here

Attachments

• 1668438488393.png
    1668438488393.png
    31.5 KB · Views: 25

jstrawks

@jstrawks I made a special build for you here.
Can you please test it?

If you have the time you'd help me with the CamLink 4K if you did this on top:
  1. Download and run https://download.sysinternals.com/files/DebugView.zip
  2. Start CamooZ.exe with a command line parameter as follows: "C:\whereever_you_stored_it\CamooZ.exe" -trace
    View attachment 88787

3. As a result you should see something like this in debugview:
    1666526387489.png

4. Save the LOG-file and send it to me via PM or show it here
It's something I'm happy to do but it might be tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for the support.

falti

You'll have to tell me how to access debugview.
Just start the exe once you've downloaded it. The moment you see CamooZ start (with the -trace cmd line parm) you'll see debugview pupulate with messages. On the upper left there is the usual menue to save the file.
Good luck ;-)

jstrawks

I was trying to run it with -trace in a cmd window. I didn't understand that I was to create a shortcut, then edit the properties of the shortcut. When I do that, all that changes is Camooz doesn't shut down after I close the dialog box with the warning. The debug window does not open up. I will note that when I edit the properties of the shortcut, the quotation marks are not being preserved.

1668522058868.png

jstrawks

I'm trying to enter a license key and I've used 2 of 4 attempts and it's failing. What's this about a machine fingerprint? I did NOT execute my purchase on the machine I'm trying to register Camooz on. I do not do such transactions on the machine where I need Camooz.

falti

I was trying to run it with -trace in a cmd window. I didn't understand that I was to create a shortcut, then edit the properties of the shortcut. When I do that, all that changes is Camooz doesn't shut down after I close the dialog box with the warning. The debug window does not open up. I will note that when I edit the properties of the shortcut, the quotation marks are not being preserved.

View attachment 88813
Thats all ok.

-trace does not start debugview though. All thta -trace does is make CamooZ write a log into Windows' debug-system.
To catch that log data you'd have extract debugview.exe from the file DebugView.zip, store it somewhere and start it manually before CamooZ starts...and repeat ;-)

falti

@jstrawks Thanks. all looks good, except that it would seem that only Brightness, Contrast, Hue and Saturation are supported on the Cam Link 4K.
Is that really so when you configure it diretly from within OBS's camera settings mini-dialog?

I just ordered a Cam Link 4K on Amazon (seem a product important enough and widely used) and will do more investigation on this, so stay tuned

Falti

jstrawks

Yes, in the system settings window I only have access to those four parameters. I'd like to be able to save them, as well as settings for my other cameras.

Can you respond to my issue with my license key?

falti

falti updated CamooZ - Save & restore camera settings with a new update entry:

7.3.2 - Fixed bug with devices not supporting Powerline Frequency (e.g. Elgato Cam Link 4K)

CamooZ now handles any device that does not support Powerline Frequency or Low Light Compensation. This also (but not only) fixes issue around the Elgato Cam Link 4K mentioned by several users in the forum.

View attachment 88868

Yes, I purchased a Cam Link 4K just for testing. Maybe I return it ;-)

View attachment 88869

Read the rest of this update entry...