Resource icon

Free Animated Lower Thirds with Dockable Control Panel v.1.6

RedHenMedia

Nevermind, I hadn't typed any TEXT in the boxes, therefore did not work. So the url replacement fix is 3/3 for me afterall.

RolandW

I have three lower thirds set up, each using multiple memory slots. Autoload works great on LT1, but doesn't work on the other two. All three are using the global times from the main settings and Oneshot is turned on for all three. When LT2 and LT3 go to the inactive state, their memory slots do not advance. Any suggestions?

I just installed Animated Lower Thirds in my copy of OBS. When I press a hotkey I set up to make it work (Shift +1) I get a window with the following error message. Any ideas how to fix?

My OBS version is 27.2.3 and the Animated Lower Thirds version I installed is 1.6.

Thanks for any help!

[lower-thirds_hotkeys.lua] Failed to call hotkey_pressed for hotkey_pressed: ...mated-Lower-Thirds/lower thirds/lower-thirds_hotkeys.lua:436: C:/Program Files/obs-studio/Animated-Lower-Thirds/lower thirds/../common/js/hotkeys.js: Permission denied

I am receiving the same message. Any word on a fix for this?

Docicee

Hi there, I have been struggling to get this to work. I cant seem to get the lower thirds to activate. Main Settings activates fine but none of the lower thirds will. Sorry if this is a really obvious fix, I have spent 2 hours banging my head trying everything I could research on it to get it to work. Thanks

1647198839724.png

Charli411

Hi there, I have been struggling to get this to work. I cant seem to get the lower thirds to activate. Main Settings activates fine but none of the lower thirds will. Sorry if this is a really obvious fix, I have spent 2 hours banging my head trying everything I could research on it to get it to work. Thanks

View attachment 81666
I have the same issue and probably band my head on the same things you tried.....Hope someone replies soon

Charli411

I have the same issue and probably band my head on the same things you tried.....Hope someone replies soon
I just figured it out, instead of using the local directory use the URL directory (you can find the path through your default browser) the path should read "File:///" then the local path. Do this for both the custom dock and the source path and it should work...did for me

Charli411

9 minutes ago
Charli411 said:
I just figured it out, instead of using the local directory use the URL directory (you can find the path through your default browser) the path should read "File:///" then the local path. Do this for both the custom dock and the source path and it should work...did for me

Docicee

I tried that before I posted with no luck :-/ but thanks!

GregPeatfield

View attachment 81666
It has to do with OBS 27.2 update....

Docicee

It has to do with OBS 27.2 update....

This seems to apply to those who's lower third has disappeared. Mine has never appeared nor have I been able to get the red ring of doom to turn blue on any of the lower thirds. I really appreciate the help, especially on a Sunday.

1647208282620.png

1647208326801.png

1647208351306.png

RolandW

This seems to apply to those who's lower third has disappeared. Mine has never appeared nor have I been able to get the red ring of doom to turn blue on any of the lower thirds. I really appreciate the help, especially on a Sunday.

View attachment 81673
View attachment 81674
View attachment 81675
In your screenshot you have only the first line filled in with "William." I think you might need to enter text in both lines for it to work. Also, it doesn't appear that you have put it in a memory slot (all of them are still black). The way this works is sort of bass-ackwards: you enter the text you want in the first and second lines, and then you click one of the memory slots to assign it to that slot. Think of it as clicking "Save." Could you also expand the time options at the bottom of the LT before taking the screenshot? There is a padlock icon there that needs to be in the unlocked state for things to work right, at least in my setup.

RolandW

Many thanks for this fine tool. I used it this morning for streaming our church service and it looked great. The two problems I've posted about remain, however: I can't get the auto-advance to work in any LTs except the first one, and I can't prepare these from home ahead of time because it's not capable of getting its content from text files on Google Drive. If those two things were fixed, I would go from happy camper to ecstatic RVer.

bjorn.syse

You have one of two choices #1 produce the lower third in a video editor with a green background (green can be removed with a filter in OBS) or you can use the Move Transition plugin to move text and graphics they way you wish. Honestly the easier way is to produce the lower third in a video editor. Hotkeys can be used to start the video showing the lower third so it comes into view at will.

I was actually curious on how to add a style to this specific plugin this forum thread is about, based on HTML+CSS, but ok.

But in regards to your suggestion If I were to create video sources, I guess I'd have to beforehand create one for each person/name right? And set them as separate sources and I guess, bind hotkeys to toggle them, is that what you mean?

Btw, videos can be rendered in the webm-format with a transparent background, so no need for chroma keying.

dbassist

I have the plugin working correctly on one of my laptops. But it looks like this picture on my other one. Can any one tell me how to fix this or WHY it looks like this?!!

Attachments

• OBS plugin 2.jpg
    OBS plugin 2.jpg
    816.9 KB · Views: 66

StarLost

Can I change the text font selections in lower thirds? The list provided doesn't seem to be able to be changed.

snss

Hi! After updating to the latest version (27.2.3) the Animated Lower Thirds is not working even if I changed the format of the location (from: D:/AnimatedLowerThirds to: file:///D:/AnimatedLowerThirds).
I did a reset on Animated Lower Thirds and started again but without success.
Can anyone tell me if it's working on latest version?
Thank you

Last edited:

StarLost

Hi! After updating to the latest version (27.2.3) the Animated Lower Thirds is not working even if I changed the format of the location (from: D:/AnimatedLowerThirds to: file:///D:/AnimatedLowerThirds).
Thank you
It's working OK for me. Take a look at Scott Fichter's tutorials on youtube and you will find the solution there. Additionally, in my case the lower third settings were wiped out and I had to re-enter them.

GregPeatfield

Thank you
Did you disable "Local" file? The "file:///" is a URL so you need to make sure you are entering this where it says URL.