Resource icon

Free Animated Lower Thirds with Dockable Control Panel v.1.6

viperius

Hi there I am fairly new to OBS and plugins so please be patient.
I have an OBS installation that uses the Pixel Match Switcher which is using a branch of OBS but is current based on 27.2.
I have installed Lower thirds (watched some youtube videos and I think I have configured it.
I created a test scene and added a browser source and I have the red highlighted box. Enabled the main part in the dock and when I hit shift+1 (my hotkey) I see the little button on the first section slide over, box goes blue and I can see the timer counting down and then it goes red (assuming that is the correct behaviour. However nothing appears on the screen either in the preview window or the programme window.

I also tried adding the same browser source to a scene with a video source.
I dont know enough about the architecture or OBS to know where to start with this.
Have I done something wrong in the setup?
Is it the distribution of OBS I have that is causing the problem
Or is it something else.

I have checked that I have used the URL rather than the local file fix that everyone is talking about

Thanks in anticipation

Imaginewizard

You have to make sure the Logo Image you created is a *.PNG type file and is stored in the Folder with the Example Logo's in the main obs program folder for example:
C:\Program Files\obs-studio\Animated-Lower-Thirds\logos
Ah - they were PNGs, but they weren't in the same folder! I'll give that a try! Thanks :)

Saundys@278

We need more information to help you. :)
Are you using the latest version of OBS? Windows or Mac? Open both html files in your internet browser (out of OBS). Works?
Go to OBS settings > Advanced > Sources. Check or uncheck "Enable Browser Source Hardware Acceleration" and try it again.
Hope it helps.
I TRYED EVERYTHING AND IM NOT ABLE TO GET MINE TO WORK

rafdee

Hello, I really enjoy using this plugin. However, I was wondering if there was a way to clear out all of the memory presets in a panel at one time?

bmil26

I never had an issue saving settings. If I exit OBS, it always came back when restarted. I do name and export both the Scene Collection and Profile to a folder and then again if any significant changes are made in case I hose something up and need to "import" them back or move to a different computer.

What I really want is to thank all those that help us fledgling streamers who are not experienced coders!!! The "fix" earlier for the issue of lower thirds not working was a literal god send! It fixed my problem and was something I know nothing about. Thank you all again. We love using OBS for streaming the services at our church.

viperius

Hi there I am fairly new to OBS and plugins so please be patient.
I have an OBS installation that uses the Pixel Match Switcher which is using a branch of OBS but is current based on 27.2.
I have installed Lower thirds (watched some youtube videos and I think I have configured it.
I created a test scene and added a browser source and I have the red highlighted box. Enabled the main part in the dock and when I hit shift+1 (my hotkey) I see the little button on the first section slide over, box goes blue and I can see the timer counting down and then it goes red (assuming that is the correct behaviour. However nothing appears on the screen either in the preview window or the programme window.

I also tried adding the same browser source to a scene with a video source.
I dont know enough about the architecture or OBS to know where to start with this.
Have I done something wrong in the setup?
Is it the distribution of OBS I have that is causing the problem
Or is it something else.

I have checked that I have used the URL rather than the local file fix that everyone is talking about

Thanks in anticipation
ok Further update...I managed to get the plugin installed on the official OBS 27.2.1 so therefore its the branch that seems to be causing the issue. Thanks but I will take it up with those guys now.

juans16

View attachment 80474

I can confirm this Method works - Uncheck the Local File Checkbox - open the Browser-Source.html in the Animated-Lower-Thirds Folder Location in your browser and copy the entire URL. and Paste it in the URL location for your Lower Thirds Browser Source in OBS. Click Ok and your Lower Thirds should once again work...

Hope This Help you like it did me :D Thank you WoodCraftbyOwen!
Thank you for the help. I just unchecked the local file and lower third is working. Thanks again

homes

Windows 7 Nvidia 1050 None of these processes work. You just need to go back to the old version or click Settings-Advanced-Resources-Enable Browser source hardware acceleration.

DNDPostel

I just installed Animated Lower Thirds in my copy of OBS. When I press a hotkey I set up to make it work (Shift +1) I get a window with the following error message. Any ideas how to fix?

My OBS version is 27.2.3 and the Animated Lower Thirds version I installed is 1.6.

Thanks for any help!

[lower-thirds_hotkeys.lua] Failed to call hotkey_pressed for hotkey_pressed: ...mated-Lower-Thirds/lower thirds/lower-thirds_hotkeys.lua:436: C:/Program Files/obs-studio/Animated-Lower-Thirds/lower thirds/../common/js/hotkeys.js: Permission denied

tlpecqmf

Yes,

You just need to change your browser properties.

Here is a quick video I put together to help get the Animated Lower Thirds working again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbvr3u_NjDg
If your windows path contains blanks you need to insert %20, be careful. Follow the instructions on this video, just make sure to open the source file and control panel html files in your browser then copy those paths in each one: control-panel and source (dock) and (scene).

bjorn.syse

I'm curious, I need to create a lower third with a quite specific design and animation. How can I go about to do that?

Rediflow

Is there any page or Video, which explains how to define the hotkeys in the LUA? Even with multiple keys like ALT+Shift+Ctrl+1 or something like that...
I would relay like to do so, to embed it to my touch portal and / or use it in macros with the enhanced scene switcher. But I was not able to figure it out how to define the hotkeys in the LUA

Surge42

I'm curious, I need to create a lower third with a quite specific design and animation. How can I go about to do that?

You have one of two choices #1 produce the lower third in a video editor with a green background (green can be removed with a filter in OBS) or you can use the Move Transition plugin to move text and graphics they way you wish. Honestly the easier way is to produce the lower third in a video editor. Hotkeys can be used to start the video showing the lower third so it comes into view at will.

RolandW

I have been using simple text sources for displaying hymn numbers and such at the bottom of the screen for our church live stream. One very handy thing about this is that I can set the source to get its content from a text file. I have these text files on our Google Drive, so I can prepare them ahead of time from home. It's one less thing for me to do right before the service, and when other volunteers fill in for me, they don't have to fiddle with it; the text sources are ready to go.
Are there plans for adding the capability to get the text for a lower third from a text file? It would have to work with files that reside in a Google Drive folder. I found a post dated April 24, 2021, in which the developer said he might add this capability in the next version. My apologies if I've missed something.

RedHenMedia

What's the best solution to fixing the red box issue? I have people complaining about it daily.

This "replacing the local file with a url fix" worked for me on 2/3 machines.
Thanks for your original install video, btw!

The third machine, however still gives the red ring and no lower 3rd. So the fix in the above linked video is not 100% for me. The one it didn't work on has a Ryzen 3 amd chip with radeon vega graphics - I don't understand enough about scripts to make an educated guess but maybe it's the processesor/ graphics / chipset? Anyone with more knowledge have any ideas? I may try to roll OBS back on that machine.