Resource icon

Free Animated Lower Thirds with Dockable Control Panel v.1.6

NoeAL

Great tool, thank you very much, NoeAL!
It runs perfectly when I use it with the control deck.
Next level would be to control it with my Stream Deck. But the Hotkeys are not working !
I fumbled around quite a while now but couldn't get rid of this error:

[lower-thirds_hotkeys.lua] Failed to call hotkey_pressed for hotkey_pressed: ...ugins/Lower-Thirds/lower thirds/lower-thirds_hotkeys.lua:436: C:/Program Files/obs-studio/data/obs-plugins/Lower-Thirds/common/js/hotkeys.js: Permission denied

I thought it is a admin thing, but also moving the file to a public folder doesn't work.
Did someone experience sth similar? Any idea?
Thanks in advance!
Mr. Proxy
Hi! Thanks for your words.
The error says that it doesn't have permission to access a file from the tool. For security reasons, Windows may not give permission to write files inside the C:/Program Files/... folder. If this is your case, copy the tool's files (all of them) to another folder outside of "Program Files" and your problem may well be solved.

Hope it helps you!

Joselito

Hi!

First of all, thank you so much for making and sharing thistool. It is really amazing!

Now, I have a problem and I hope you can help me.
I followed your guide, but I got stuck at thebegining. After adding a new Dock (The Name and the path for the control-panel.html file), I click APPLY but nothing happens.

1- Tried to check/uncheck 'enable browser source hardware Acceleration';
2 - The files are all present;
3 - If I open the path from dock path on browser, it works perfect. It even loads the css correct.
4 - If I go manually on View > docks > LowerThird. It opens a blank modal.

If I open the blank modal, right click > Code. I get this:

HTML:
<!DOCTYPE html><html lang="en"><head>
        <!--Animated Lower Thirds v1.5-->
        <!--Author: NoeAL-->
        <meta charset="utf-8">
        <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, minimum-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0, user-scalable=0">
        <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge,chrome=1">
        <title>Lower Thirds Control Panel</title>
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="../common/css/style-control_panel.css">
        <script src="https://kit.fontawesome.com/a076d05399.js"></script>
        <script src="../common/js/jquery.js"></script>
        <script src="../common/js/jscolor.js"></script>
        <script src="../common/js/hotkeys.js"></script>
        <script src="http://code.jquery.com/ui/1.10.2/jquery-ui.js"></script></head></html>

I'm using win10 and latest obs studio version.

Thanks!

NoeAL

Hi!

First of all, thank you so much for making and sharing thistool. It is really amazing!

Now, I have a problem and I hope you can help me.
I followed your guide, but I got stuck at thebegining. After adding a new Dock (The Name and the path for the control-panel.html file), I click APPLY but nothing happens.

1- Tried to check/uncheck 'enable browser source hardware Acceleration';
2 - The files are all present;
3 - If I open the path from dock path on browser, it works perfect. It even loads the css correct.
4 - If I go manually on View > docks > LowerThird. It opens a blank modal.

If I open the blank modal, right click > Code. I get this:

HTML:
<!DOCTYPE html><html lang="en"><head>
        <!--Animated Lower Thirds v1.5-->
        <!--Author: NoeAL-->
        <meta charset="utf-8">
        <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, minimum-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0, user-scalable=0">
        <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge,chrome=1">
        <title>Lower Thirds Control Panel</title>
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="../common/css/style-control_panel.css">
        <script src="https://kit.fontawesome.com/a076d05399.js"></script>
        <script src="../common/js/jquery.js"></script>
        <script src="../common/js/jscolor.js"></script>
        <script src="../common/js/hotkeys.js"></script>
        <script src="http://code.jquery.com/ui/1.10.2/jquery-ui.js"></script></head></html>

I'm using win10 and latest obs studio version.

Thanks!
Hi! It's really weird, it doesn't seem to read the body of the HTML.
Try adding any other URL instead of the Control Panel, local and online. This way you will know if it is a problem with the tool or the OBS docks.
I hope you find a solution.

NoeAL

How can I update names and infos and how can I delete them?

Hi! Thanks for your review!
Maybe this answer will help you:
It works correctly ... or rather, as I wrote it! Hehe
I think you are understanding it from another point of view.

When you click on an empty slot you copy the content of the fields (name and info) within it. When the slot has something saved, it will always load its content in the text fields when you click it.
If you want to save something new in an occupied slot, you must first empty it by holding the click until it flashes red.

To know what content you have loaded, the slots are marked in white when their content is the same as the name and info fields.

I hope this helps you!

Medan825

Hi!
First of all, thank you for your works, it's so clean and smouth.
I have a problem with the images, it don't loads, I tried to upload custom images and still doing the same, shows the broken image icon, and I don't know how can I solve it.
Ty!

Tormy

Hi!
First of all, thank you for your works, it's so clean and smouth.
I have a problem with the images, it don't loads, I tried to upload custom images and still doing the same, shows the broken image icon, and I don't know how can I solve it.
Ty!
you must put the logos into the logos folder.
The "load" function, serves only to get the logos up there.
Then in works 'cause the function needs the address and nothing else.
Yes, the labeling is a bit misleading, but his spanish video explained it very well

Egorovna

There's already. Click on the small clock on the lower right corner of each section. And there is also one in the settings, common to all the sections.
I was talking about the wrong function that is already there. I asked about the time before starting the whole sequence again.
1-2-3-pause-1-2-3-pause

Novgorod

Is there a possibility to add a fifth lower third?
As a workaround, you can consider running a second instance of Lower Thirds as described on page 7 (#131-132). It's a bit of tinkering but a lot less effort than customizing the original to have an additional panel with all the settings and variables.

Kwadwo

Congrats, NoeAL. Just signed up to thank you for this great and easy to use tool. Looking forward for more awesome features like different animation styles in your next update. Thank you again and congrats.

NoeAL

Hi , NoeAL

is it possible to make the background a fixed size, regardless of the text size?
Hi Carlo! Yes, you can copy these lines at the end of style-source.css file:

.style-1.alt {width: 105%;}
.style-1.left {justify-content: left;}
.style-1.right {justify-content: right;}
.style-1 > .graph-2 {margin-left: -4em; margin-right: -4em;}

Hope it helps you!