Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaymar

GPU: RX480
Driver version: 17.5.1

I'm try to record in 2.1.2, It cause some issues.

In H264/AVC recording, problem appear "Encoding overloading".
Setting: 1080p60, Preset:High Quality, others default

In HEVC recorded and replay the video, voice and images are nonsimultaneous at short time when fast-forward.
Setting: 1080p60, Quality, CQP, others default

These issues did not occur in previous versions 2.0.0.0

The RX 480 is extremely weak with H264 encoding. Encoding overloaded quite literally tells you exactly that. You might have luck getting 1080p60 on Quality Preset 'Speed' or 'Balanced', but 'Quality' will not go as high.

As for HEVC that is a problem with your player. Both MPC-HC and VLC perfectly sync up the audio with the video. The timestamps for both audio and video perfectly match the time that OBS tells it.

meredith

The RX 480 is extremely weak with H264 encoding. Encoding overloaded quite literally tells you exactly that. You might have luck getting 1080p60 on Quality Preset 'Speed' or 'Balanced', but 'Quality' will not go as high.

As for HEVC that is a problem with your player. Both MPC-HC and VLC perfectly sync up the audio with the video. The timestamps for both audio and video perfectly match the time that OBS tells it.
I mean that the 2.0.0.0 no issues, but updated to 2.1.2 after H.264, HEVC are issues, so I had to go back to use 2.0.0.0 to avoid the issues.

It's all using driver in 17.5.1 to test.
Also, I use the player is PotPlayer 1.7.1150
The HEVC recorded video just 30s for test is here:
https://mega.nz/#!t6omDCSC!BOzxtF8S6t-L-udI9Sw6YnxuPSK8tb5mdx46WWAPZII

Here is my OBS 18.0.1 recording setting

--H264--
h264_Guetzli.jpg

--HEVC--
hevc_Guetzli.jpg

--Resolution--
resolution_Guetzli.jpg

Last edited:

wcdaniel

Same here.
1080p60 recording. (RX470 with driver 17.5.1)
2.0.0.0 --> No problem.
2.1.2 --> Encoding overloading. (Didn't change any setting)

Xaymar

I mean that the 2.0.0.0 no issues, but updated to 2.1.2 after H.264, HEVC are issues, so I had to go back to use 2.0.0.0 to avoid the issues.

It's all using driver in 17.5.1 to test.
Also, I use the player is PotPlayer 1.7.1150
The HEVC recorded video just 30s for test is here:
https://mega.nz/#!t6omDCSC!BOzxtF8S6t-L-udI9Sw6YnxuPSK8tb5mdx46WWAPZII

Here is my OBS 18.0.1 recording setting

Constant QP requires at least a Keyframe Interval of 5 seconds. This was the same in 2.0.0 and is a hardware limitation (Constant QP IDR-Frames are HUGE and pulling them from the GPU is a significant stall time).

Same here.
1080p60 recording. (RX470 with driver 17.5.1)
2.0.0.0 --> No problem.
2.1.2 --> Encoding overloading. (Didn't change any setting)

Both of you please follow the Troubleshooting Guide and actually give me a proper log file.

meredith

Constant QP requires at least a Keyframe Interval of 5 seconds. This was the same in 2.0.0 and is a hardware limitation (Constant QP IDR-Frames are HUGE and pulling them from the GPU is a significant stall time).
Both of you please follow the Troubleshooting Guide and actually give me a proper log file.
Ok, I'm all changed Keyframe Interval to 5 seconds.

Here is H264 recording log file:
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/05860f30f1a3cd2ed8fb079d2aae833a

Here is HEVC recording log file:
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/bfbda5c3daffe4e6c69a25166463dbe8

Xaymar

Xaymar

meredith

You are running into this issue I have reported to AMD: https://github.com/GPUOpen-LibrariesAndSDKs/AMF/issues/90

Unknown cause, also happened with 2.0.0 and 1.9.9.6, but was not properly shown in OBS. Also happens in 1.4.3.11 in case someone wants to say that again.
This issue is also caused by HEVC video playback fast when the video is not synchronized at short time?
I often use HEVC to record video, it seems that I can only go back to 2.0.0.0 for now.

Forgot to say that in 2.1.2 using H264 recorded and watching the video, it looks like it is encoding overloaded, not just showing on OBS prompt.

Last edited:

Xaymar

This issue is also caused by HEVC video playback fast when the video is not synchronized at short time?
I often use HEVC to record video, it seems that I can only go back to 2.0.0.0 for now.

Forgot to say that in 2.1.2 using H264 recorded and watching the video, it looks like it is encoding overloaded, not just showing on OBS prompt.

HEVC is a different issue, HEVC currently has no VUI header or gives us an ability to tell the difference between IDR and I frame. This results in players seeking to an I-Frame which might not have been an IDR-frame and it then trying to sync up with the next IDR-frame, which can cause audio desync.

Seeking in HEVC is not supported in any plugin version until this is fixed by AMD.

Xaymar

Xaymar updated AMD Advanced Media Framework Encoder Plugin for OBS Studio with a new update entry:

2.1.3 - Now with full-range colors! (Hotfix 1)

Gone are the days of boring bland partial range recordings, here are the days of full range videos! With 2.1 the plugin implements several much wanted features, upgrading a few features from experimental to normal use and fixing a bunch of potential bugs.

Hotfix 1: 'Encoding overloaded!' should no longer show up for systems which were perfectly capable recording at the same fps in versions before 2.x. Also fixed debug log lines showing up without the Debug option being checked....

Read the rest of this update entry...

meredith

@meredith @wcdaniel Please update to 2.1.3, this issue has been fixed.
2.1.3 no issue, enable Multi-Threading, Queue Size 32, also no issue on H264 and HEVC.

But the recording is completed and close OBS, the occasional crash, which does not often appear.
(Has been disabled Multi-Threading to test)

I will test more, Thanks!

Attachments

• crash_log.txt
    50 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Xaymar

2.1.3 no issue, enable Multi-Threading, Queue Size 32, also no issue on H264 and HEVC.
But the recording is completed and close OBS, the occasional crash, which does not often appear.
I will test more, Thanks!

Do not use Multi-Threading or change Queue Size. Read the damn tooltips.

meredith

Do not use Multi-Threading or change Queue Size. Read the damn tooltips.
That was tested after the disabled Multi-Threading, Sorry i am too late to make up the hint.
And it happen again.

Attachments

• crash_log.txt
    50 KB · Views: 24
  • 2017-05-15 20-36-27.txt
    22.7 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Xaymar

That was tested after the disabled Multi-Threading, Sorry i am too late to make up the hint.
And it happen again.

The crash log you uploaded seems to be crashing on a m_AMFEncoder->Flush(); call, precisely on an operation that loads m_AMFEncoder into a register. Sounds like something in the driver is corrupting memory.

Xaymar

Xaymar updated AMD Advanced Media Framework Encoder Plugin for OBS Studio with a new update entry:

2.1.5 - Now with full-range colors! (Hotfix 2)

Gone are the days of boring bland partial range recordings, here are the days of full range videos! With 2.1 the plugin implements several much wanted features, upgrading a few features from experimental to normal use and fixing a bunch of potential bugs.

Hotfix 1: 'Encoding overloaded!' should no longer show up for systems which were perfectly capable recording at the same fps in versions before 2.x. Also fixed debug log lines showing up without the Debug option being checked.
Hotfix 2:...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Xaymar

Hi Xaymar, just signed up here to let you know that the download for 2.1.5 is detected as a virus by Windows Defender.

I'm running Windows Defender myself and the download is not infected or being detected as a Virus by it at all. Make sure that you have "Cloud-based protection" turned off as it will flag new programs as unknown/threat even though they are completely fine. See the following VT links:

Status
Not open for further replies.