Status
Not open for further replies.

tstr

You either have your OBS color format set to anything but NV12 or are using Windows 7. Windows 7 support is rather experimental at best.
Oh, I figured it out, my own fault. Video api should be set to host, and not manually set to d3d9 (though it's still attempting to use dx11)

Last edited:

Xaymar

Oh, I figured it out, my own fault. Video api should be set to host, and not manually set to d3d9 (though it's still attempting to use dx11)

1.9.9.6 (the public beta version) includes a better way of the conversion step, which should hopefully reduce issues like this. Host mode of course should work, it's straight up just using system RAM to do the work.

1.9.9.6 (the public beta version) includes a better way of the conversion step, which should hopefully reduce issues like this. Host mode of course should work, it's straight up just using system RAM to do the work.
Out of curiosity, how much system ram would you expect to be used overall for 1080p60fps relatively high to high quality recordings?

skyrock2610

Thanks for your contribution Xayman, and although I have one more question.
These settings seem to be optimal for streaming. But I want to use OBS for local recordings. Is there any parameter I can change to make it work better for this kind of usage?
Thanks!

Xaymar

Thanks for your contribution Xayman, and although I have one more question.
These settings seem to be optimal for streaming. But I want to use OBS for local recordings. Is there any parameter I can change to make it work better for this kind of usage?
Thanks!

You can use the Recording, High Quality and Indistinguishable preset.

PhobiaOS

What version is the plugin for the latest version of OBS Studio?

I went back and tried figuring out my issue and I was missing
I ran a test stream last night running Player Unknown Battlegrounds while streaming in 720/30 with 3400 bitrate. My CPU usage was extremely lower than when I use x264 so I was super impressed (x264 - CPU usage around mid 20%, AMD encoder - CPU usage hovered around 7%). I noticed my games while streaming felt smoother and OBS had no struggles.

Now that I'm seeing this ram usage improvement with 1.9.9.6, I'm wondering if I should try it but wasn't sure which version I'm currently using with the latest version of OBS Studio.

Last thing, if I should/need to install the 1.9.9.6, how do I and where do place the plugin?

Thanks a bunch guys

Xaymar

What version is the plugin for the latest version of OBS Studio?

I went back and tried figuring out my issue and I was missing
I ran a test stream last night running Player Unknown Battlegrounds while streaming in 720/30 with 3400 bitrate. My CPU usage was extremely lower than when I use x264 so I was super impressed (x264 - CPU usage around mid 20%, AMD encoder - CPU usage hovered around 7%). I noticed my games while streaming felt smoother and OBS had no struggles.

Now that I'm seeing this ram usage improvement with 1.9.9.6, I'm wondering if I should try it but wasn't sure which version I'm currently using with the latest version of OBS Studio.

Last thing, if I should/need to install the 1.9.9.6, how do I and where do place the plugin?

Thanks a bunch guys

OBS ships with 1.4.3.11. 1.9.9.6 is a preview of what's to come in the future and (unless you always run the latest drivers) might cause more issues at the moment.

There haven't really been any RAM usage improvements, all that was done was remove the asynchronous queue to instead use sequential single threaded mode. It will eventually be added again, but user controllable instead of a hackish solution like before.

PhobiaOS

Oh ok, so at this time I should stick with 1.4.3.11.

Awesome, thanks for the heads up.

Lastly, for future reference, just in case I want to test a "preview" build like 1.9.9.6, how would I go about installing it? That way I'm not always stuck waiting on OBS Studio updates.

Xaymar

Oh ok, so at this time I should stick with 1.4.3.11.

Awesome, thanks for the heads up.

Lastly, for future reference, just in case I want to test a "preview" build like 1.9.9.6, how would I go about installing it? That way I'm not always stuck waiting on OBS Studio updates.

Just run the installer and let it overwrite OBS files.

Status
Not open for further replies.