Resource icon

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.25.5

Laope

hi
obs crash everytime i try to change to a different scene collection,
i got the last version of Automatic Scene Switching.

i removed the .dlls of the plugin and the problem fixes.

further investigation:
i you have the plugin ON, you got a crash when do a scene collection switch.
if you have it off, yo can do a scene collection swith without problems.

but

if you have the plugin ON, got a crash, restart obs and try to turn OFF the plugin, obs will crash again.

Last edited:

ElleTey

I stream League of Legends with Obs Studio, and when I tab out of the game for just a second it switches the scene, which is really annoying, is there anyway to fix this?

Before you tell me to use "ignore windows", I can tell you that I added everything I could think of, and it doesn't work at all. Even when I hold alt and press tab, the list of windows I can choose from is enough for the scene switcher to activate.

I never had this issue in the standard version of OBS

Warmuptill

I stream League of Legends with Obs Studio, and when I tab out of the game for just a second it switches the scene, which is really annoying, is there anyway to fix this?

Before you tell me to use "ignore windows", I can tell you that I added everything I could think of, and it doesn't work at all. Even when I hold alt and press tab, the list of windows I can choose from is enough for the scene switcher to activate.

I never had this issue in the standard version of OBS
You can use executable based scene switching. Regarding your point using ignore windows, you probably forgot to add the window of the Alt-Tab program itself, called "Task Switching". This gets picked up by the scene switcher and you will fall back to the scene you specified when no window title matches.
The built in scene switcher behaves the same way, regarding the "Task Switching" window, maybe you just used a very long interval and that prevented the switching?

Last edited:

Warmuptill

hi
obs crash everytime i try to change to a different scene collection,
i got the last version of Automatic Scene Switching.

i removed the .dlls of the plugin and the problem fixes.

further investigation:
i you have the plugin ON, you got a crash when do a scene collection switch.
if you have it off, yo can do a scene collection swith without problems.

but

if you have the plugin ON, got a crash, restart obs and try to turn OFF the plugin, obs will crash again.
I think i found a fix for it. I will send you a message with a build of the fixed version to confirm that it is working.

Warmuptill

Warmuptill updated Automatic Scene Switching with a new update entry:

Fix for OBS freeze on scene collection change

This update addresses the issue of OBS freezing when changing scene collections pointed out by Laope!

This fix will prevents the plugin from detecting the OBS window name. So functions like Ignore Windows will now ignore the OBS window. The MacOS version should not be affected.
(If I find a workaround I will make sure to enable it again)

Additionally I fixed another issue:
Idle Detection when it was enabled for the first time,...

Read the rest of this update entry...

ElleTey

I don't understand how the Executable's work, there's no info in the original post.

It also says don't run 2 programs at the same time and put them in the list, and league of legends as you know is 2 program running at the same time, so I would risk bad behavior?

Task Switching is not in the list of programs I can choose between in the "ignore windows" tab.

Warmuptill

I don't understand how the Executable's work, there's no info in the original post.

It also says don't run 2 programs at the same time and put them in the list, and league of legends as you know is 2 program running at the same time, so I would risk bad behavior?

Task Switching is not in the list of programs I can choose between in the "ignore windows" tab.
I did not implement the Executable's tab myself, thats why it is missing of the overview page, but you are right in that i should change that.
The warnig only refers to running 2 of the same program at the same time. So two pvp.net clients or two leagueoflegends.exe. So that should not be a problem.

You can just write "Task Switching" in the textfield and click on the plus sign to add it. The reason it does not show up in there is that the scene switcher creates the window titles listed in there when you open it from the Tools -> Advanced Scene Switcher button. During that time the Task Switching program is not running so it is not listed.

Last edited:

TuckingFypoツ

Hey so small question but I installed the plug-in correctly and all the files are in their right spots but when I load up obs studio I don't have a tools tab. Only File, Edit, View, Profile, Scene Collection, Help.

Warmuptill

Hey so small question but I installed the plug-in correctly and all the files are in their right spots but when I load up obs studio I don't have a tools tab. Only File, Edit, View, Profile, Scene Collection, Help.
Are you sure you are using OBS Studio? (and not the classic version)

Last edited:

Warmuptill

Yes, I've been using OBS Studio for the longest time now.
Are you maybe using a version of OBS Studio older than 0.16.2? That was the version that introduced the frontend API and the built in scene switcher along with it (which can also be found under the tools menu).
Unfortunately i don't know of any way to enable or disable to tools dropdown option, sorry.

martin elder

Hi there. I would like to use the Scene Round Trip feature so that my 3 scenes automatically cycle through using a fade transition every few seconds. I've set the Scene Round Trip up like so:

SCENE1 -> wait for 5 seconds -> SCENE2 (using fade transition)
SCENE2 -> wait for 5 seconds -> SCENE3 (using fade transition)
SCENE3 -> wait for 5 seconds -> SCENE1 (using fade transition)

When I hit start, it only goes from the scene I'm currently on to the next one, and doesn't cycle through the rest. Have I set it up correctly? Can anyone please tell me how to achieve this constant cycle? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• OBS screenshot.png
    OBS screenshot.png
    22.9 KB · Views: 77

TuckingFypoツ

Are you maybe using a version of OBS Studio older than 0.16.2? That was the version that introduced the frontend API and the built in scene switcher along with it (which can also be found under the tools menu).
Unfortunately i don't know of any way to enable or disable to tools dropdown option, sorry.
Fugggg : ^) I'm on 0.15.4 maaaaaaybe I should fix that. Ayyyyyyyyyyy that fixed it. Hopefully this helps other people too. "Just remember to be on Version 0.16.2 +"

RandopelaajaMr

Hi... i use windows 10 and i use a LOT virtual desktop, so.... the problem is, that when i switch to the app (wich is on ignore list) to another virtual desktop it just switch that scene what i set on general "when no window matches"

but if that get fix then this is just perfect plugin <3

(using obs 18.0.1 64bit)

gaberilde

yes i notice the plugin is broken in 18.0.0 or higher please fix the problem 17 or bit lower is fine (not lower then 16 according to a above comment)

it glitches out when i use the auto scene transition changer and keeps showing the old scene and such.. need to stay 17 until its fixed

RandopelaajaMr

Hi... i use windows 10 and i use a LOT virtual desktop, so.... the problem is, that when i switch to the app (wich is on ignore list) to another virtual desktop it just switch that scene what i set on general "when no window matches"

but if that get fix then this is just perfect plugin <3

(using obs 18.0.1 64bit)

and just asking why i cant put obs studio on windows ingore list? (it not show on list)

Romigo

Some suggestions:

1 - Scene Round Trip - when media ( VLC playlist ) in current scene ends
(I dont know the length of playlist, or Im lazy to measure it )

2 - Scene Idle detection (more then 20 seconds of freezed still window, black ) ===> switch to different scene

3 - Time Shedule

10:00:00 Scene1 cut
11:00:00 Scene2 cut

I would be nice if somebody can fix that :)

OBSnewby

Hi, i was using advanced switcher on obs 16.0.6 with no issues, but i was forced to upgrade to 18 and the tool was gone. Now Ive downloaded the last versionof the tool, unziped and merged it, restarted OBS but advanced switcher still not showing on TOOLS tab... how can I fix this? Im on windows 7
Really thanks!

Chase_

Awesome functionality in this! Can someone explain the syntax with switching based on a file input? Is it the same as when you write a scene round trip to file?

I also got a feature request. It'll help if I explain that I use OBS (or Xsplit, Wirecast) to livestream events to my youtube channel. This typically involves putting a broadcast schedule and working with announcers to provide commentary. I've been searching for a solution to automate the scene transitions. Particularly when we go to and from a commercial break. The automatic scene switching solves that. The next piece I need is a teleprompter. Ideally, I would have a separate monitor display a countdown clock to the next scene transition, talking notes for the current scene, name of the current and next scene. I quickly wrote a VBA program for the last broadcast I did and reference an excel file. It worked fine except I still had to manually switch scenes.

So the request is a teleprompter integrated with the auto scene switcher. I would think the gaming community could make some use out of this as well. I'm open for discussion and any suggestions.

Thanks ahead of time!