Resource icon

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.25.3

Add support for system time based scene switching.
This requires use of at least OBS version 25.
Add support for media source based scene switching (implemented by Exeldro).
This requires use of at least OBS version 25.
Reactions: Luis Bordis
Added option to sort diffrent Scene Switch methods by priority.
Added support for Executable Tab on MAC OS
Added Linux support

Redo of the UI, to be a bit more compact and less overwhelming.
Added some warnings / explanations.

Fixed freeze of plugin when using long Scene Round Trips (Scene Sequence).

Please remove the old SceneSwitcher.dll / SceneSwitcher.so
Thanks for pointing out the issue martin elder!

Sorry about this bug. (To remove this bug I temporarily disabled the wait for the transition animations to finish. Instead the scene switcher will just switch back immediately)
If you encounter any issues or have suggestions, please let me know.
This update addresses the issue of OBS freezing when changing scene collections pointed out by Laope!

This fix will prevents the plugin from detecting the OBS window name. So functions like Ignore Windows will now ignore the OBS window. The MacOS version should not be affected.
(If I find a workaround I will make sure to enable it again)

Additionally I fixed another issue:
Idle Detection when it was enabled for the first time, would automatically be disabled if not both, the scene and transition that were selected by default, were changed.

It might be possible that this update introduced additional bugs. If so let me know!
Just a small fix for of a crash pointed out by timpa009. Thanks!

(Executable based scene switch entries were wrongfully pointing to the regular window based scene switches. During cleanup this could lead to a crash if you had more executable based scene switches than regular ones )
  • Added the option to set a default transition for each scene. This is meant for manual scene switching and not the automated ones caused by the scene switcher itself. (The transitions set for automated scene changes take higher priority)
    (Thanks to artsyomni for his suggestion even if I couldn't implement it the way he suggested it)
  • Transitions tab now also works for scene changes if the scene is read from a file (Thanks to diffi for pointing out that this was not working)
  • Fixed a bug causing the Idle Detection always be set to disabled if Idle Detection was used for the first time (Thanks to Draven Meex for pointing this out)
  • MacOS version now also supports Idle detection

Please let me know if you find any bugs / issues! Suggestions of changes / additions are always welcome!

Sorry for not updating this plugin for a while.
Added the option to temporary disable the Idle Detection depending on the window name of the window that is currently in focus (does support regular expressions)

Added the option to save Scene Round Trip configuration to a file and load Scene Round Trip configuration form a file. This was suggested by OBSnewby.

I still have not found the reason for the crash reported by John Hollowell, since i cant seem to recreate it. So please let me know if you also experience this problem!

(Note: the MacOS version does not include these updates, so it is unchanged)
Added the Idle Detection feature suggested by cwbshaw:
You can now specify a time span, after which, if no inputs were detected, it will switch to the specified scene. (Can be useful for scene switches during lectures / AFK detection during streaming, etc.)

Added the option to stop streaming / recording if switched to a specified scene in the Scene Round Trip tab. (suggested byInsaniaeter)
Please only enable it if you will actually use it and wont accidentally switch to this scene, since streaming / recording will be stopped without any additional notification or confirmation.

Added a section in the Screen Region tab to show the current coordinates of the mouse to make setting Screen Region switches easier.

Added the option to switch based on Executable (implemented by dasOven).
I personally havn't used or tested this feature, so let me know if there are any problems i have to work on.

Also included a MacOS version of the plugin. The fullscreen detection / Idle Detection / Executable features are not included in this version but the rest is should be working.

As usual please report any issues / bugs / crashes and let me know if you have any suggestions for additional features or changes!
Added the feature suggested by Jack0r:

You can configure a transition for each scene switch. You can set it up under the new tab "Transitions".

Also reordered the tabs.