Resource icon

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.25.5

mrgusse

Would it somehow be possible to use this scene switcher to detect whether or not CSGO is connected to a game server, and make it switch to "gaming scene" automatically. And when not connected to a game server it should revert back to a "waiting scene" ?

OBSnewby

Hi, i was using advanced switcher on obs 16.0.6 with no issues, but i was forced to upgrade to 18 and the tool was gone. Now Ive downloaded the last versionof the tool, unziped and merged it, restarted OBS but advanced switcher still not showing on TOOLS tab... how can I fix this? Im on windows 7
Really thanks!
I did a reinstall of the plugin, this time worked just fine. thanks!

moatdd

Could we have a toggle option to make the "Read from file" function only override scene switching if the text file is blank?

This way I can temporarily allow another program to override the scene switching by writing to this file, and then resume normal scene-switching operation(by way of screen regions or roundtrips, etc.) by clearing it.

lonnielevi

I'm not sure if you take suggestions here, but we use your round trip function during PowerPoints to swap between the camera and the PowerPoint scenes when PgDn on the clicker is used. Is there any way that a key press, PgDn, can reset the round trip timer? We are getting an issue where the presenter will click PgDn moments before the round trip triggers and it will switch back to the camera too quickly.

Chinadrgn

The hot keys won't work to switch the scenes.

I have two monitors and the main is on the rotated on its side in a portrait position on the right. The other monitor is oriented to landscape to the left.

I don't know if that's an issue or not.

Thanks

Last edited:

highhands89

Hello, first off, I just wanted to say thank you so much for this! It's super helpful!

I'm wondering if it's possible to make a scene do a round trip where the end result is whatever scene was previously on screen? For example, if a poker streamer had a scene set up for each individual table, would it be possible to go to a separate scene that contains a short video clip, but then automatically go back to the previous scene (i.e. the table looking at prior to the video)?

Ze manel

My OBS STUDIO crash randomly and freeze on scenes sometimes when i use this wonderful plugin.

I have 4 scenes and i configured 3 Scene Round Trip with different wait times.

Any ideas about fix that bug?

I have the last build of OBS STUDIO 18.0.1 and the last build of ASS 1.3.3.

Such a nice plugin! Congrats to developers / creators!

Bao Dang

Hi,

I have tried searching to see if this has already been asked, but to no avail. I apologize if this has been asked before.

With that said, I am trying to figure out a way to automatically switch scenes after a certain amount of time if the webcam does not detect any movement.

So after 5 seconds or so of the webcam being idle, I want it to switch to a different scene that is a slideshow of still images.

After that, I need for it to automatically switch back to the scene with the webcam once it detects movement again.

So after the webcam detects movement again, I need for it to switch from the still slideshow back to the live feed from the camera.

Is this possible? Please let me know if it is!

Great plugin, by the way.

Robertsmania

I stream VR with one PC running the game content and a second streaming PC running OBS and getting the video via an HDMI capture card.

I would love to have the streaming PC do automatic scene switching based on what the game PC is running.

Searching around so far I've found some remote control and winsock stuff, but nothing with integrated auto scene switching. Is there any way you can see to get that to work with what is already there, or would you consider adding network support?

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
OBS plugins must be released under a license that is compatible with the GPLv2.

It would probably be good for Warmuptill to explicitly add licensing information to the source code repo, just for the sake of clarity.

Cren

Hey. Is there a way to do the following?
On window focus: Game Scene
On focus loss -> wait x seconds -> still not focus -> Alt Tabbed Scene (I realised that via a duplicate of main and roundtrip to alt tab scene where the alt tab scene is also a break scene and stops the roundtrip; But it doesn't switch back to Game Scene on focus gain :-/ )

Like the idle feature just without the idle part.
Also an inverse nomatch feature like:
If window.hasFocus then scene.switch(window).

CaptainCripp1e

This is a great concept for a plugin especially when I cannot use autohotkey at the same time as having a bot and chat screen open. The problem I am experiencing is that the plugin tends to crash OBS Studio 19.0.2. If I hit the hotkey to start scene round trip, it often freezes OBS Studio, or I cannot stop the rotation. The only fix I've found so far is to remove the scenes from scene round trip and then put them back in. I am using two Elgato HD60Pros, three logitech webcams on a core i7 4790K with 32GB of RAM and NVIDIA GeForce 970. I am rotating four scenes.

NicOnAcid

This is a great concept for a plugin especially when I cannot use autohotkey at the same time as having a bot and chat screen open. The problem I am experiencing is that the plugin tends to crash OBS Studio 19.0.2. If I hit the hotkey to start scene round trip, it often freezes OBS Studio, or I cannot stop the rotation. The only fix I've found so far is to remove the scenes from scene round trip and then put them back in. I am using two Elgato HD60Pros, three logitech webcams on a core i7 4790K with 32GB of RAM and NVIDIA GeForce 970. I am rotating four scenes.

ive got the same problem with the scene round trip. everytime i activate or deactivate the plugin with the hotkey, obs freeze for the amount of time, the switching time is set to. so if i set a switch to "after 120s", it freeze for 2min. after i hit the hotkey.

if i hit "start" on the general tab, obs dont freeze. if i hit stop, it freeze again.

any suggestions?

Last edited:

blackmagickfox

This may or may not have been covered as I noticed there was a bug mentioned on "scene round trip" with scene switcher, but I am having issues that I simply can't figure out how to fix.. I have got the general switching to work properly, but I have set it up to have two scenes on each window. one with an overlay with active tickers and one without.. since what i am trying to accomplish is an art stream, I want the normal window to show most of the time, but after every say 3 to 3 and a half minutes I want the overlay with scrolling info to show over my windows (sai/photoshop) for a few seconds,, maybe at most a minute or so and then go away again.. so essentially, scene 1 shows, and will switch as I actively switch between windows (this function is already accomplished) and as I am drawing, the viewer will see, after 3 min, scene 2 for a minute and then back to scene 1.. this is how I am understanding the scene round trip to work, but for me what is going on is great till the overlay shows on the screen for less then a flash and is then gone. perhaps a good setting to add would be something that lets you specify how long you want the next scene to show for? so like wait x amount of seconds, then switch from 1 to 2 for y amount of seconds? I don;t know and I may just be screwing it up, I am not a programmer, I am an artist. lol >_<

Zacudax

Hello ... I have a question to ask. You can enter a timer to change the scene.

example

At 20:00 or 8:00 pm
From scene1 to scene2
and
At 20:30 or at 8:30 pm
From scene2 to scene1

Would be a great option

Brett Glass

I have a feature request which I bet will help a lot of folks who do live streams using multiple cameras. I would like to open several "Windowed Projector" windows in OBS (perhaps tile the monitor with them) -- each for a different scene -- and then click on the scene I want to take effect. I've tried to use the current app and plugin to do this, but it does not work because the "projector" windows do not appear on the plugin's list (and do not get the focus when clicked).

This would be a KILLER feature for live multi-camera broadcasts. One could select from several scenes -- not only individual camera scenes but a split screen scenes using used multiple cameras, digitally zoomed close-up scenes, or PIP scenes -- just by clicking one! While it would be adequate to specify to the plugin which transition to use for each scene change, it might also be possible to specify a transition on the fly, perhaps via a mouse gesture such as a movement to the left or right or clicking on a particular part of the projector window.

Seems to me that this would be a logical extension of the plugin's existing functionality, and not too hard to implement given the plugin's current capabilities.