Resource icon

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.25.5

Warmuptill

Warmuptill updated Automatic Scene Switching with a new update entry:

Added full Linux / Mac Support and fixed some bugs

Added option to sort diffrent Scene Switch methods by priority.
Added support for Executable Tab on MAC OS
Added Linux support

Redo of the UI, to be a bit more compact and less overwhelming.
Added some warnings / explanations.

Fixed freeze of plugin when using long Scene Round Trips (Scene Sequence).

Please remove the old SceneSwitcher.dll / SceneSwitcher.so

Read the rest of this update entry...

JettWilliams

Trying to update to version 1.4 on macOS 10.13. When I open OBS, there is no option for "Advanced Scene Switcher" under Tools. I have followed all the steps and uninstalled the previous version.

Log file:
22:56:50.716: os_dlopen(../obs-plugins/advanced-scene-switcher.so->../obs-plugins/advanced-scene-switcher.so): dlopen(../obs-plugins/advanced-scene-switcher.so, 1): Library not loaded: /usr/local/opt/qt5/lib/QtWidgets.framework/Versions/5/QtWidgets
22:56:50.716: Referenced from: /Applications/OBS.app/Contents/Resources/obs-plugins/advanced-scene-switcher.so
22:56:50.716: Reason: image not found
22:56:50.716:
22:56:50.716: Module '../obs-plugins/advanced-scene-switcher.so' not found

Warmuptill

Trying to update to version 1.4 on macOS 10.13. When I open OBS, there is no option for "Advanced Scene Switcher" under Tools. I have followed all the steps and uninstalled the previous version.

Log file:
22:56:50.716: os_dlopen(../obs-plugins/advanced-scene-switcher.so->../obs-plugins/advanced-scene-switcher.so): dlopen(../obs-plugins/advanced-scene-switcher.so, 1): Library not loaded: /usr/local/opt/qt5/lib/QtWidgets.framework/Versions/5/QtWidgets
22:56:50.716: Referenced from: /Applications/OBS.app/Contents/Resources/obs-plugins/advanced-scene-switcher.so
22:56:50.716: Reason: image not found
22:56:50.716:
22:56:50.716: Module '../obs-plugins/advanced-scene-switcher.so' not found

Thanks for letting me know about this, should be fixed now!
I also added the option to use regular expressions for the "ignore windows" option.

broadcastguy

This is such a great add-on! Love the ability to switch from one scene to another automagically. I use this with an animated overlay that is persistent on both scenes but I'm unable to use the Stingers because I wish for it to remain after the reveal is completed.

Are you able to add in the ability to either use frames as opposed to seconds, or add the ability for decimals? For example my cut must happen at 45 frames or 1.5 seconds. Thank you in advance!

mcdoolz

Hi, how difficult would it be to add in scene switching based on audio input?

Basically it'd be super useful if "When source A volume > X then switch to scene B" etc

Alewater

Thank you for creating a great plugin.

Is there a way to increase the length of time in the Scene Sequence, it's currently limited to 99.99s.

I've tried changing the config file to 180000 (3minutes) but it still changes after 99.99s.

Thanks in advance

A

Dingis

One of the main issues I am having is that on the scene sequence tab, the time alluded for switching is just way too short. If I want to have a timed 5 min intro I can't because it only goes up to 99 seconds. Could you perhaps modify it to increase this time? Other than that the plugin works really well. ...Just to edit this post, I had no idea that someone mentioned the same issue before me lol.

Warmuptill

One of the main issues I am having is that on the scene sequence tab, the time alluded for switching is just way too short. If I want to have a timed 5 min intro I can't because it only goes up to 99 seconds. Could you perhaps modify it to increase this time? Other than that the plugin works really well. ...Just to edit this post, I had no idea that someone mentioned the same issue before me lol.
Sorry, I introduced this issue when I increased the precision of the timer. I just simply forgot to increase the default limit. Should be fixed now.

Zarock

Hi Warmuptill
Your plugin is very great! I can finally do all the things I needed and couldn't with the built-in feature... expect one!
As this guy already reported, at this moment you can't Pause the switcher when OBS (or chrome) is on focus. They just don't appear in the drop down menu on Pause tab. This is actually very uncomfortable.
If I'm streaming, and have to check some scene on OBS, I just can't because I have (and need) the "switcher if no condition is met" enabled to a specific scene, and have to manually pause it, do all the checking and/or editing I need on the scene, and go to re-enable it.
The original Simple Switcher has this enabled for OBS by default, so I just don't see why your fantastic plugin can't have an option to toggle this feature too!

Hello,

thank you for your work on this plug in. I have been using it for maybe 3 weeks. I think I have exceeded the limit of what it can do and wonder if you can help.

I am streaming podcasts of approx 1 hour each. I need to switch to the next podcast when it is finished.

I have 85 podcasts. + 1 new podcast each week. I created a Scene for each one. I need to display a different jpg artwork for each podcast which is why so many scenes.
I am using the Round Trip feature.
Time count is more than 3500 seconds for every file.
It worked good up to approx 83 scenes. Then problems began.

At some point the plug in stopped saving any changes I made to the sequence of scenes. If I change the order of scenes or change the duration of seconds it does not recognize the change and reverts to a previous version of the round trip list. It updates in the list of round trip but ignores and if close and open again it shows old setting.

I do not seem to be able to clear out the old list. Even if I save to a file and edit the file it and reload it does not recognize the change. Does it have cache somewhere?

I also install the new 1.4 version to see if it is better. It doesn't allow time count of more than several seconds. If I try to use this plug in it changes 3000 seconds to 3.000 seconds for example.

I have tried to use a media player VLC with playlist but it cannot work with album art. It chooses one artwork and uses the same each podcast. It also cannot display artwork in OBS.

if you have any help suggestion I would appreciate it. thank you.

Warmuptill

Hello,

thank you for your work on this plug in. I have been using it for maybe 3 weeks. I think I have exceeded the limit of what it can do and wonder if you can help.

I am streaming podcasts of approx 1 hour each. I need to switch to the next podcast when it is finished.

I have 85 podcasts. + 1 new podcast each week. I created a Scene for each one. I need to display a different jpg artwork for each podcast which is why so many scenes.
I am using the Round Trip feature.
Time count is more than 3500 seconds for every file.
It worked good up to approx 83 scenes. Then problems began.

At some point the plug in stopped saving any changes I made to the sequence of scenes. If I change the order of scenes or change the duration of seconds it does not recognize the change and reverts to a previous version of the round trip list. It updates in the list of round trip but ignores and if close and open again it shows old setting.

I do not seem to be able to clear out the old list. Even if I save to a file and edit the file it and reload it does not recognize the change. Does it have cache somewhere?

I also install the new 1.4 version to see if it is better. It doesn't allow time count of more than several seconds. If I try to use this plug in it changes 3000 seconds to 3.000 seconds for example.

I have tried to use a media player VLC with playlist but it cannot work with album art. It chooses one artwork and uses the same each podcast. It also cannot display artwork in OBS.

if you have any help suggestion I would appreciate it. thank you.

Found the issue, will fix it as soon as I can. Sorry about this! (Scene Sequences created with an older version cause this issue)

Last edited:

Warmuptill

Hi Warmuptill
Your plugin is very great! I can finally do all the things I needed and couldn't with the built-in feature... expect one!
As this guy already reported, at this moment you can't Pause the switcher when OBS (or chrome) is on focus. They just don't appear in the drop down menu on Pause tab. This is actually very uncomfortable.
If I'm streaming, and have to check some scene on OBS, I just can't because I have (and need) the "switcher if no condition is met" enabled to a specific scene, and have to manually pause it, do all the checking and/or editing I need on the scene, and go to re-enable it.
The original Simple Switcher has this enabled for OBS by default, so I just don't see why your fantastic plugin can't have an option to toggle this feature too!

Hey,

you can just type a regular expression in the dropdown list matching your google chrome window.
"(.*)( - Google Chrome)(.*)" should do the trick.(without the quotes)
Let me know if this works for you!

Warmuptill

Seems like I can't do such thing , also I personally don't need the feature for chrome (or browsers in general), but for OBS, which doesn't appear in the drop down menu
That special case (detecting the window name of the OBS process) was disabled since it could cause OBS to freeze (on Windows). I changed it to now return "OBS" as the window title whenever the OBS process is in the foreground.
For you that means you need to download the "fixed" version and now "OBS" should come up in the dropdown list and (hopefully) everything should work as expected.
Please let me know if this quick change works for you! If it does not I will try to find a solution to make it work on the weekend :)

(Mac and Linux versions are unchanged)

Zarock

That special case (detecting the window name of the OBS process) was disabled since it could cause OBS to freeze (on Windows). I changed it to now return "OBS" as the window title whenever the OBS process is in the foreground.
For you that means you need to download the "fixed" version and now "OBS" should come up in the dropdown list and (hopefully) everything should work as expected.
Please let me know if this quick change works for you! If it does not I will try to find a solution to make it work on the weekend :)

(Mac and Linux versions are unchanged)
First of all, thanks a lot for the support you're providing, it really means a lot for me right now.
Now, since I'm stupid as hell, from the RytoEx message I just learnt where I can manually type the window's name for the plugin to detect. I don't understand how I didn't figure it out before by myself.
In fact, I tried to detect if Firefox is on focus (just the browser and not a single tab) with the format you provided to me, and it perfectly works as intended.
For OBS, as you stated, it doesn't, for the reasons you explained, and I'm looking to download the "fixed" version, but on the main page I still see the v1.4.0. Did you provide the link somewhere, or are you still editing it as I'm speaking? Sorry for the dumb question (2nd time).
Thanks again for the committing you have into this work. Your plugin is surely helpful and can only improve over time

Warmuptill

First of all, thanks a lot for the support you're providing, it really means a lot for me right now.
Now, since I'm stupid as hell, from the RytoEx message I just learnt where I can manually type the window's name for the plugin to detect. I don't understand how I didn't figure it out before by myself.
In fact, I tried to detect if Firefox is on focus (just the browser and not a single tab) with the format you provided to me, and it perfectly works as intended.
For OBS, as you stated, it doesn't, for the reasons you explained, and I'm looking to download the "fixed" version, but on the main page I still see the v1.4.0. Did you provide the link somewhere, or are you still editing it as I'm speaking? Sorry for the dumb question (2nd time).
Thanks again for the committing you have into this work. Your plugin is surely helpful and can only improve over time

Glad I can be of help and get this stuff working for you :D

Just download the 1.4 version on the main again, it will now contain the changes I mentioned earlier. (I just edited the release and changed the .zip archive to contain the "fixed" version. I should have been more clear about that, sorry)
Let me know if this change works for you, since I didn't test it properly yesterday.

Zarock

Glad I can be of help and get this stuff working for you :D

Just download the 1.4 version on the main again, it will now contain the changes I mentioned earlier. (I just edited the release and changed the .zip archive to contain the "fixed" version. I should have been more clear about that, sorry)
Let me know if this change works for you, since I didn't test it properly yesterday.
Ok man, seems like the "(.*)(OBS)(.*)" method is now working as intended. I tested this for 2 days straight and got absolutely nothing weird or broken! Thank you again man, I'm sure this will be useful not only for me!