Resource icon

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.25.5

Warmuptill

i love your plugin, i just have 1 issue, its the save/load option.

if saving do a file it seem i never can load it, which defeat the purpose of the save, any idea why ?

Just an update for people, who are interested what the issue was:
As masterac found out, changing the language of OBS changes the names of some transitions. When trying to load a save file of scene sequences created while using a different language than the currently active one causes the loading of scene sequences to fail (because it contains invalid transition names).

Thank you for pointing this out!

Warmuptill

How to setup this for Heroes of the Storm?
What are you trying to set up?

If you just want to switch to a different Scene when the Heroes of the Storm game window is in the foreground, you can do that with the built in Scene Switcher in OBS Studio. It can be found under Tools -> Automatic Scene Switcher.

Mamba

I want to make it similar to SC2 scene switcher, that when game/draft pop scene in OBS is changing. Heroes window name don't change at all so if it possible to set up something like this with this plugin?

Warmuptill

I want to make it similar to SC2 scene switcher, that when game/draft pop scene in OBS is changing. Heroes window name don't change at all so if it possible to set up something like this with this plugin?

Sorry, I don't think this is currently possible with this plugin. The way the SC2 Scene Switcher used to work (could be different now) is to read a value in the Windows registry about the state of the game. That is not supported in this plugin.
(But I am not familiar with Heroes, so maybe there is a way)

DigitalDirector

I've just tried installing this into OB for MacOS v21.1.1 and it looks like the plugin structure has changed.

There's no plugin folder in the resources, so I created one, but it doesn't seem to load.

There is a plugins folder under the MacOS folder and I dropped it in there but no joy either.

Our old MediaServerPro software seems to have gone offline now and so I'm looking at scheduling our playback via OBS, but need to be able to properly schedule scenes :)

Warmuptill

I ended up switching back to OBS 20.1.0 and now have it all working. Will have to wait for an update for 21 onwards :D
I can't seem to reproduce this issue using the version "21.1.1" of OBS. A reinstall of that version of OBS seems to have the same folder structure as before and the plugin loads as expected and works for me.

How do you use this on Mac? There isn't a bar at the top of the screen for tools.
Could it be that you are using a rather old version of OBS Studio?
The image below shows the tools menu, that needs to be present even without installing a plugin. (The plugin only adds the entry "Advanced Scene Switcher" to the tools menu)
qQ0ifor.png

Solobottom

I am having trouble with the writing to file and reading from file.. can't seem to get it to write to file when I switch scenes.
Background: I run 2 PC setup.. Looking to run OBS Offline on game PC to identify the scene switches and then write this to a file, which then gets read by my stream pc to switch the scene (network harddrive).

radio meteor

i want to stream 1 image(overlay) and 4 ip cameras with rtsp protocol, for now 1 had 1 scene and 5 sources , the image(overlay) its always up and i change/switch manualy between the sources, but i want to do that automatic..
so i changed to 4 scens, scene-cam1, scene-cam2, scene-cam3, and scene-cam4, on any scne i have 1 cam and the same image(overlay), problem now i have.. when i swoitch between the 4 scnes, i have always 1-2 seconds a black image, the scenes are not directly switching between eatchother, there's a little delay/black space in it, it doesn't happend when i switch between the sources before.. Next i want the automatic scene switcher, is all the time switching for a certain time, par example 5000msec between the 4 ipcams, this is for a studio overviewcam, a dj cam, a interview cam, and a second interviewcam, so we have automatic all the cams in the stream..
Is this possible?
How?

Solobottom

I am having trouble with the writing to file and reading from file.. can't seem to get it to write to file when I switch scenes.
Background: I run 2 PC setup.. Looking to run OBS Offline on game PC to identify the scene switches and then write this to a file, which then gets read by my stream pc to switch the scene (network harddrive).
still having this.

Warmuptill

i want to stream 1 image(overlay) and 4 ip cameras with rtsp protocol, for now 1 had 1 scene and 5 sources , the image(overlay) its always up and i change/switch manualy between the sources, but i want to do that automatic..
so i changed to 4 scens, scene-cam1, scene-cam2, scene-cam3, and scene-cam4, on any scne i have 1 cam and the same image(overlay), problem now i have.. when i swoitch between the 4 scnes, i have always 1-2 seconds a black image, the scenes are not directly switching between eatchother, there's a little delay/black space in it, it doesn't happend when i switch between the sources before.. Next i want the automatic scene switcher, is all the time switching for a certain time, par example 5000msec between the 4 ipcams, this is for a studio overviewcam, a dj cam, a interview cam, and a second interviewcam, so we have automatic all the cams in the stream..
Is this possible?
How?
Have a look at the "Scene Sequence" tab. There you can specify a sequence of automated scene switches as you described. If you need further help let me know.
Unfortunately I am not really familiar with using OBS, so I cant help with the camera black screen issues.

still having this.
I am very sorry about the late response. It should be fixed now.

futurion

I've read through the whole forum and I also tried to manipulate a bit with the plugin, but it seems I'm unable to achieve what I want. My wish exactly is pretty simple: I'd like to setup advanced scene switcher to loop-switch between different VLC playlists. When one finishes, it goes to another and so on.

For instance, let's say I have three VLC playlists. Each playlist has X video clips and each playlist is inside another Scene. When playlist-1 (scene 1) finishes, it should go to playlist 2 (scene 2). And when playlist 2 finishes, it should go to playlist 3. When playlist 3 is over, it should go back to playlist 1, and so on. A simple playlist-loop. Is this doable somehow? The thing is all switches inside advanced scene switcher seem to be time-based. Also, there is idle-based switch, but it doesn't do what I would want exactly.

Actually, in other words, what I'm trying to achieve is the following. We have a pretty decent playout using OBS. We have about 500+ clips running 24/7. Sometimes we get new material, so we have to just add a few new clips. The issue with VLC playlist is that each time you edit/save it, the playlist starts again from beginning. There's no fix for that. So we would like to create a few different VLC playlists, and when one is playing, we can edit another, and so on. But we would need then a simple loop-switcher for these playlists.

I hope that doesn't sound too complicated and that there's a fix for this. Thank you in advance for your answer. Best regards!

mitzuu

Is there a way to switch scene when media ends? Like I have an .mp4 video and I want to switch the scene when it ends, I can't figure it out

Warmuptill

Is there a way to switch scene when media ends? Like I have an .mp4 video and I want to switch the scene when it ends, I can't figure it out

Sorry, there currently is no such functionality in this plugin.

The only thing close to that is the scene sequence tab, where you could specify the time - duration of the media playlist or file in that scene - before switching to the next scene. This is a fixed value however and not dependent on the contents of the scene. So if you change the media the timing wont be adjusted automatically.

renaud.huvelle

Hello everyone,
I read all this pages but my problem is still there...

Problem : Can see and use Advanced Scene Switcher
Process:
-> Open windows in Admin mode
-> Install latest version of OBS STUDIO
-> Copy 64bit plugin into 64bit folder / 32 bit too
-> Install Visual c++ Red for Visual Studio 2017
-> Unblock dll in folder
-> Try everything...

Please, Has anybody solution for me ?

Thank you a lot

Renaud

Attachments

• 2018-05-16 19-57-19.txt
    4.6 KB · Views: 49

Coinrating

With the last version of OBS, this plugin does not seem to be visible. Reiterating Renaud's concern. I followed all of those steps as well.

Currently trying an older OBS version is the only thing that works. (21.0.1)

Warmuptill

Hello everyone,
I read all this pages but my problem is still there...

Problem : Can see and use Advanced Scene Switcher
Process:
-> Open windows in Admin mode
-> Install latest version of OBS STUDIO
-> Copy 64bit plugin into 64bit folder / 32 bit too
-> Install Visual c++ Red for Visual Studio 2017
-> Unblock dll in folder
-> Try everything...

Please, Has anybody solution for me ?

Thank you a lot

Renaud
With the last version of OBS, this plugin does not seem to be visible. Reiterating Renaud's concern. I followed all of those steps as well.

Currently trying an older OBS version is the only thing that works. (21.0.1)

Thank you very much for reporting this issue. Unfortunately I can't have a look at the issue right now, but I will try to fix it as fast as possible tomorrow.
Sorry about this!

Edit:
Can someone who also experiences these issues try if the scene switcher below resolves the issues?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mqxiy916qambwzj/advanced-scene-switcher.dll?dl=0
Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

Methanoid

There are multiple plugins now that can leave the "now playing" details from vlc media we play and save those details to our hard drive, mostly mp3's, given what those other plugins can do, is it possible for your plugin to detect when the contents of a text file changes so we could swap to a scene that displays our now playing music details.

currently i change to my "now playing" scene every 2 minutes using scene sequencer but if the plugin could detect text file contents changing then we could swap to scenes like this when our media/text changes (via other plugins) which would be a lot more handy.