Resource icon

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.25.5

matt peet

Hi!

I DJ on OBS and i've got three different scenes which i cycle through on my streams from two cameras.
I've been manually cycling through the cameras but heard about this plugin.
I've installed it but i don't know how to make it work!

i'm so sorry i'm sure you've been asked this question before but all the answers i can find are for gamers who want their scenes to switch depending on where they are in the game screens....whereas i just want the scenes to switch on a timer between my cameras!

Is there a video/you tube on how to make it work?

i'm using OBS 21.1.2 on windows 10 64 bit

your help would be greatly appreciated!

p.s i'm no computer programmer so please keep the answer step by step so i can follow it and implement the necessary changes...

Many Thanks!!!

Warmuptill

Hi!

I DJ on OBS and i've got three different scenes which i cycle through on my streams from two cameras.
I've been manually cycling through the cameras but heard about this plugin.
I've installed it but i don't know how to make it work!

i'm so sorry i'm sure you've been asked this question before but all the answers i can find are for gamers who want their scenes to switch depending on where they are in the game screens....whereas i just want the scenes to switch on a timer between my cameras!

Is there a video/you tube on how to make it work?

i'm using OBS 21.1.2 on windows 10 64 bit

your help would be greatly appreciated!

p.s i'm no computer programmer so please keep the answer step by step so i can follow it and implement the necessary changes...

Many Thanks!!!

First you will need to have one scene for each camera to make the switching possible. I assume you have this already set up. (If you do not there should be plenty of tutorials on how to set this up, let me know if I should find one)
I will call the scenes for each camera "cam1", "cam2" and "cam3" in the following.

You have multiple options inside the plugin to achieve the automated camera switches. These are the two that make the most sense:
"Scene Sequence" or "Ramdon"

Scene Sequence:
This sets up a predefined sequence of automated scene switches. To configure this, open the scene sequence tab. There you can configure the following:

When "cam1" is active switch to "cam2" after 15 seconds using "cut"

(Click the small plus on the lower left of that tab to add that to the list of scene sequences. Press the minus to remove it, while it is selected)

This would tell the plugin quite literally:
Hey, whenever we are currently on the scene with the name "cam1" wait for 15 seconds and then switch to the scene with the name "cam2" and for this scene change use the transition "cut".

So to create a loop you would need to set up the following:

When "cam1" is active switch to "cam2" after 15 seconds using "cut"

When "cam2" is active switch to "cam3" after 15 seconds using "cut"

When "cam3" is active switch to "cam1" after 15 seconds using "cut"

This will create the loop cam1->cam2->cam3->cam1->cam2->cam3->.... and so on.

Random:
This is an option if you want a more random approach. You basically offer the plugin a list of possible scene switches to choose from and it picks one at random.

To configure this switch to the tab "Random". There you can add the following:

When no switch condition is met switch to "cam1" using "cut" for a duration of 15 seconds

When no switch condition is met switch to "cam2" using "cut" for a duration of 15 seconds

When no switch condition is met switch to "cam3" using "cut" for a duration of 15 seconds

To make sure that the scene switcher plugin is using this option you will also set the following on the "General" tab:

"If no switch condition is met switch to any scene on the Random tab"

Lastly, no matter which option you choose, you will have to turn the plugin on.
Do this one the "General" tab.
If it says "The Advanced Scene Switcher is: active", then you do not need to turn it on, as it is already running.
If it says that it is inactive, click the start button

I hope that clears things up a bit. If you have further questions let me know!

I see with the "Advance Scene Switcher" I can setup an automatic scene sequence that will switch based on timed intervals. Is it possible to use this to setup non automatic sequence such as "Scene 1" -> "Scene 2", "Scene 2 -> Scene 3" when clicked or a keystroke is given?

Warmuptill

I see with the "Advance Scene Switcher" I can setup an automatic scene sequence that will switch based on timed intervals. Is it possible to use this to setup non automatic sequence such as "Scene 1" -> "Scene 2", "Scene 2 -> Scene 3" when clicked or a keystroke is given?
If I understand it correctly you should just be able to set a hotkey to switch to the scene "Scene 1" to acomplish this. You can find this option in the OBS Studio settings for each scene you have.

eJFKAU8g.png

If you do not want to always trigger this automated scene switch while you are on this scene you could also set a hotkey to temporarily disable the scene switcher on the same settings window. Or you can create a copy of the scene, which does not follow the rules you set up for the original scene.

I hope that helps!

THE R3Y3S

HI man, can u add in "scene sequence" the possibility to select in "switch to" return in the last scene?
For example, if i have scene 1,2,3. I set When "scene 1" is active switch to "last scene" after "300 sec" using "Cut". If i was in scene 3 and then i switch to scene 1, after 300 sec automatic return in scene 3. The same if i switch from scene 2 to scene 1, after 300 sec return to scene 2.

Another thing. In "Transitions" if i set a switch from scene 1 to scene 2 with a determinate transition like cut, and then i set When scene "scene 1" is active change default scene transition to "fade", doesnt' work. Scene 1 preserve cut transition and not fade transition.

Warmuptill

HI man, can u add in "scene sequence" the possibility to select in "switch to" return in the last scene?
For example, if i have scene 1,2,3. I set When "scene 1" is active switch to "last scene" after "300 sec" using "Cut". If i was in scene 3 and then i switch to scene 1, after 300 sec automatic return in scene 3. The same if i switch from scene 2 to scene 1, after 300 sec return to scene 2.

Another thing. In "Transitions" if i set a switch from scene 1 to scene 2 with a determinate transition like cut, and then i set When scene "scene 1" is active change default scene transition to "fade", doesnt' work. Scene 1 preserve cut transition and not fade transition.

Sorry about the late response!
I added the option of switching back to the previous scene for the scene sequences. Let me know if it works as expected. (You can find it here)

I can't seem to be able to reproduce the issue you mentioned with the transitions. Can you give me more information on this?

besweeet

I may have missed it, but does this allow the scene to change automatically based on the actual content / frame / image of another? For example, if scene 1 displays a static "be right back" frame, switch to scene 2? Then, when that frame disappears, switch back to frame 1?

Warmuptill

I may have missed it, but does this allow the scene to change automatically based on the actual content / frame / image of another? For example, if scene 1 displays a static "be right back" frame, switch to scene 2? Then, when that frame disappears, switch back to frame 1?
No, not currently.

Andrew Luther

Hey Warmuptill, first off really useful plugin you have made. I wanted to suggest a feature that would be great if at all possible to implement.

Would it be possible to add a auto scene switch triggered by a certain person speaking in a voice chat client, such as mumble, teamspeak or discord? I know its probably a long shot but it would be an awesome feature to have.

Thanks again for the plugin!

petjo10

Sorry about the late response!
I added the option of switching back to the previous scene for the scene sequences. Let me know if it works as expected. (You can find it here)

Is it possible to add the same function (switching back to the previous scene) for the "Enable Idle Detection" ?

Warmuptill

Hey Warmuptill, first off really useful plugin you have made. I wanted to suggest a feature that would be great if at all possible to implement.

Would it be possible to add a auto scene switch triggered by a certain person speaking in a voice chat client, such as mumble, teamspeak or discord? I know its probably a long shot but it would be an awesome feature to have.

Thanks again for the plugin!
Thank you for the suggestion! I will look into it but it seems like it could be alot of work depending on how complicated it is to communicate this information with the voice chat clients from inside this OBS plugin. So I unfortunately can't promise that I will implement something like this in the near future.

Is it possible to add the same function (switching back to the previous scene) for the "Enable Idle Detection" ?
Yes it is, thanks for the suggestion!

I added it to the Windows version of the plugin. Just download it again from the overview page of the plugin and you will have to option to select "previous scene" on the idle detection tab. I will build the other versions as soon as I can.

Let me know if you run into any issues with the "previous scene" option in either the scene sequence or the idle detection using this updated version.

Chie

Great plugin, the only problem for me is that there's no way to set the priority levels for executables, I hope you consider adding this feature.

Edit: found a workaround, the priority is defined by the order that executables were added.

Last edited:

Bars

Is this plugin able to do "Push to show release to hide" for scenes? So, press G to show an overlay, release G and the overlay hides?

MeK

Hallo everybody...
right now I'am playing a little bit around with this Plug-In, but I need some help to configurate it. Can I switch the scenes by the clock, for example, if I want to switch a scene at 8:00 p.m.
Thanky you very much.

Best regards
MeK

Sauerkraut

Hey thanks for your plugin it's really helpful so far.
But I have a question. I want to use the idle detection, to switch to Scene B. As soon as I move the mouse or hit a button, I want to switch back to Scene A. Is that possible? I got the first part but I can't find a solution for when I'm not idle anymore.

rmccartney

Hi, A great plugin! I've used the latest version on Windows recently without any issues. However, I've run in to some issues using trying to install on Linux (Ubuntu 16.02 LTS). The plugin doesn't load at all and the log files show "Qt_5' not found". I've updated Qt without success. Has anyone had similar problems or suggestions?

Thanks,

Ryan

Code:
13:02:30.160: ---------------------------------
13:02:30.162: os_dlopen(/usr//lib/obs-plugins/advanced-scene-switcher.so->/usr//lib/obs-plugins/advanced-scene-switcher.so): /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Gui.so.5: version `Qt_5' not found (required by /usr//lib/obs-plugins/advanced-scene-switcher.so)
13:02:30.162:
13:02:30.162: Module '/usr//lib/obs-plugins/advanced-scene-switcher.so' not loaded
13:02:30.324: No blackmagic support
13:02:30.361: VLC found, VLC video source enabled
13:02:30.361: ---------------------------------