Resource icon

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.25.5

AaronD

Hi,
For a long time I was wondering how I can set my streams to turn on by themselves without my interference.
For example, to have the stream come on at 3 p.m. while I'm still at work.
It is true that I found the answer to this (Advanced Scene Switcher Plugin)
And okay, many people praise this plug, but I do not know how to set it.
I marked the stream to turn on in a minute, but the stream started a second after the button was pressed.
What am I doing wrong?
In A.S.S. 1.17.15 I have 4 tabs:
General / Macro / Network / Scene group
There are two tables in the macro:
in upper gives: If Streaming For exactly 1 minuts Stream starting
and at the bottom: Streaming> Start streaming
I have a bash script on Linux that does this, from before this plugin was anywhere near as capable as it is now. Actually, it's split across several scripts because of how the structure works, but the logic is essentially:
  • If date.hour < start_hour
    • Wait for date.hour >= start_hour
    • Force OBS window in focus
    • Emulate hotkeys set up the first and next scenes, and to start streaming (relies on OBS hotkeys to be set up and not disabled when the window is in focus)
Still doing it that way because it still works, but it has a lot of moving parts.

For a new setup, this is probably better, but I haven't actually done it this way myself:
1650636048485.png

ISKCON Jaipur

Hey there! My Switcher shows only 4 tabs, General, Macro, Network, Scene Group. Don't know where the rest are! Using version 1.17.5 on Windows Server 2016.
Sketch (5).png

Warmuptill

Hey there! My Switcher shows only 4 tabs, General, Macro, Network, Scene Group. Don't know where the rest are! Using Windows Server 2016
Uncheck "Hide tabs which can be represented via macros" in the lower left corner of the General tab.

In general I would suggest to use macros however as they are much for flexible and I do not plan on spending more time on the other tabs.

RoachMcKrackin

Hey all, sorry if this has been answered before: Is it possible to automatically configure the Switcher to import a config file at startup, or otherwise dynamically swap the config file when OBS starts?

Use Case: I have a set of programs that run my stream, automating all of the scene settings which change based on a number of factors. Would love to dynamically pick which config file for the Switcher I use prior to OBS launch.

Any insights much appreciated!

Warmuptill

Hey all, sorry if this has been answered before: Is it possible to automatically configure the Switcher to import a config file at startup, or otherwise dynamically swap the config file when OBS starts?

Use Case: I have a set of programs that run my stream, automating all of the scene settings which change based on a number of factors. Would love to dynamically pick which config file for the Switcher I use prior to OBS launch.

Any insights much appreciated!
Depending on what you prefer you have the following options:
  • Change the scene collection using the "Scene collection" macro action:
    collection.PNG

• Import settings from a file using the "Plugin state" macro action:
    settings.PNG
And just to mention it in case it is helpful in your setup:
You can also switch the OBS profile using the "Profile" macro action:
profile.PNG

Let me know if you have any questions!

GeeMack

You can also include a command line switch to start with a particular profile and/or scene collection when you launch OBS. You can include them in shortcuts or scripts. Find the available switches here: OBS Launch Parameters

Ahrice

Just in case you are wondering which option caused this UI change:
In the lower left corner of the General tab there is an option to "Hide tabs which can be represented via macros", which is set by default in the recent version.
Thank you for this response... This is exactly what I was looking for

RoachMcKrackin

Depending on what you prefer you have the following options:
And just to mention it in case it is helpful in your setup:
You can also switch the OBS profile using the "Profile" macro action:
View attachment 83019

Let me know if you have any questions!
Thanks so much for this. I was using an older version and didn't realize this functionality had been implemented. Now I'm updated and opening up a whole new world of possibilities. Keep up the great work!!

burny7

Hey everyone, I was wondering in the macro tabs when I set up a action to "Activate" the source ... it only show in a cut, has i see it don't toggle the EYE icon.... is their a way the macro could apply the transition we set on the source ?

Warmuptill

Hey everyone, I was wondering in the macro tabs when I set up a action to "Activate" the source ... it only show in a cut, has i see it don't toggle the EYE icon.... is their a way the macro could apply the transition we set on the source ?
If you want to adjust the visibility of a scene item instead of globally disabling a source you will have to use the "Scene item visibility" action type.
This one will respect the Show / Hide Transition you have configured.

Vis.PNG

Let me know if I should have misunderstood your question!

lindenkron

How do I delete this awful plugin?
There's nothing awful about this plugin. It's one of the greats actually. I'm sorry it's too complicated for your need, but there's no need to attack the author about removing a plugin.

If you need general OBS help I'd suggest asking in the support channel in the official OBS discord. You can find it in the top right corner of this page. Removing a plugin isn't unique to Advanced Scene Switcher, it's a general OBS thing, so if you need to uninstall other plugins in the future that's your best solution :)

cognitonium

is it possible to create a video condition macro to trigger a color correction filter if say a game capture loses brightness e.g. nighttime

iliketoDJ999

I have around 200 scenes each with a different video loop media source for my green screen. How would I be able to sequence it to where the plug-in can cycle thru each scene once in random order, then re-cycle indefinitely. I use these video loops as visuals in the background while I DJ. So far I've only been able to figure out how to sequence scene transitions by manually adding them using Sequence macros.

Also, sometimes I will want to trigger a scene with a specific video loop, but after a minute or so, I would like it to transition back to the scene the plug-in had activated and then continue its sequence. As of right now, if I interrupt my sequence of scenes, the plug-in is set up to go back to the start of my Sequence macro, instead of continuing where it was previously. Is something like this possible with this plug-in? We have a large group of streaming DJ's trying to optimize using this plug-in more.

Last edited: