Resource icon

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.26.2

Warmuptill

It worked!!! Thanks for the help!

It's a great plugin, a lot of potential!
I am not sure it will fit my short term needs but I am going to carry on exploring.

Here's my use case if you are interested in new features:
I have a set of cameras in the space and a set of scenes that mixes the different cameras. I am using OBS for livetsreaming a dance performance and I'd like to create a timeline to switch from one scene to another automatically, matching the choreography and the music. Most of the time, I need to use the same scene several times during a performance. One workaround in the short term would be to duplicate my scenes, give them different names and use the Sequence tab. But I might end up with a huge list of scenes, making it a bit hard to manage.

Let me know what you think!
I don't know if it is still relevant for you but I tried implementing something that might help in your particular use case.
I added the option to 'extend' scene sequence entries so that each entry can span over multiple scenes.

Example screenshot is attached below:
ExtendedSequence.png

The "Extend Sequence" window can be opened by either selecting an entry in the list you want to extend and then clicking the "Extend Sequence" button below the list or just double clicking on the particular entry you want to extend.

If you want to give this a try a build with this functionality will be available here in a couple of minutes:
(You will have to be logged into GitHub to be able to download - if that is an issue let me know)

As I haven't tested this functionality extensively yet it might still contain some bugs / issues.
If you should encounter any please let me know! :)

Warmuptill

@very good work but yesterday i had an idea my problem in the moment is that i go to a 2 PC Setup.
so i had the idea a client on the gaming PC to check the running Programms to change the scenes .
is it possible?
Well in theory it is possible to achieve what you are trying to do with this plugin but I am sure that there must be better ways.
If you want to specifically use this plugin to do this you have to use a file which is available to both machines (e.g. via a network share) to synchronize the current scene.
Then ...
  1. Configure the machine on which the scene switching happens to also write the currently active scene to a file.
  2. Configure the other machine to read the scene to switch to from a file.
Both of these option can be found on the File tab.

This of course assumes that the scene setup is the same on both machines.

Johannes V

Hi. Is it possible to make it switch the scene to a backup camera scene when the feed of my main camera freezes?

Thanks in advance

Warmuptill

Hi. Is it possible to make it switch the scene to a backup camera scene when the feed of my main camera freezes?

Thanks in advance
Hello, no, this is not currently possible.
I might add some very rudimentary functionality like that but in general I would recommend this plugin for such tasks:

Johannes V

Hello, no, this is not currently possible.
I might add some very rudimentary functionality like that but in general I would recommend this plugin for such tasks:
Thank you for the recommendation, I'll check it out.. And also, I haven't had much look into Advanced Scene Switcher yet but from the preliminary look I took, nice work, Sir!

Kuffdam

Anyone having any issues with setting a hotkey to activate the scene switcher on and off?
I've set a key but it won't turn it on or off

Warmuptill

Anyone having any issues with setting a hotkey to activate the scene switcher on and off?
I've set a key but it won't turn it on or off
That's the first time I hear about such issues.
Do you see any messages in the OBS log that the scene switcher stopped / started?

Warmuptill

My log file attached
From the provided log file I would assume the hotkey signal was received:
19:21:30.258: [adv-ss] started
19:21:32.351: [adv-ss] stopped
19:21:34.223: [adv-ss] started
19:21:34.524: [adv-ss] stopped
19:21:39.757: [adv-ss] started
19:21:40.057: [adv-ss] stopped
19:21:42.439: [adv-ss] started
19:21:43.631: [adv-ss] stopped
19:21:44.538: [adv-ss] started
19:21:45.223: [adv-ss] stopped
19:21:51.746: [adv-ss] started
19:21:52.641: [adv-ss] stopped
19:21:54.245: [adv-ss] started
19:21:54.545: [adv-ss] stopped
19:21:54.985: [adv-ss] started
19:21:55.528: [adv-ss] stopped
So I would assume whatever issue you are facing is not related to the hotkeys themselves but what else you have configured in your plugin.
Can you provide more detail what led you to believe that the plugin was not running?
What have you configured and expected to happen?
It would be best to share your current settings for the plugin by exporting them to a file - this can be done on the general tab.
(If you do not want to share this information here feel free to send me a direct message)

ibnabouna

Thank you for the wonderful plugin!

I'm not sure if this is an oversight, but in the Scene Triggers section, there is an option to Mute Source (Audio) whenever a scene is triggered, but there is no option to unmute it again later. It would be great if there was an option to unmute an audio source, as well.

Kuffdam

From the provided log file I would assume the hotkey signal was received:

So I would assume whatever issue you are facing is not related to the hotkeys themselves but what else you have configured in your plugin.
Can you provide more detail what led you to believe that the plugin was not running?
What have you configured and expected to happen?
It would be best to share your current settings for the plugin by exporting them to a file - this can be done on the general tab.
(If you do not want to share this information here feel free to send me a direct message)

Hi - thanks for coming back to me - export attached
so i have a number of scenes that i want to run through via the scene switcher - with the hot key i just want to turn on the automatic scene switcher and then off when i want the rotation to stop...

for example
main scene
2nd scene
3rd scene

I want to be on the main scene for as long as i want - then when ready trigger the advanced scene switcher on and now have it move through 2nd scene, 3rd scene, main scene every 15 seconds for as long as I want - then using a hot key turn off the scene transition and hold on whichever scene i'm on again till i re-activate it

I hope that makes sense?

Attachments

• kuffsets.txt
    3.4 KB · Views: 20

Warmuptill

Hi - thanks for coming back to me - export attached
so i have a number of scenes that i want to run through via the scene switcher - with the hot key i just want to turn on the automatic scene switcher and then off when i want the rotation to stop...

for example
main scene
2nd scene
3rd scene

I want to be on the main scene for as long as i want - then when ready trigger the advanced scene switcher on and now have it move through 2nd scene, 3rd scene, main scene every 15 seconds for as long as I want - then using a hot key turn off the scene transition and hold on whichever scene i'm on again till i re-activate it

I hope that makes sense?
Not sure if that is causing your issues, but you have the same hotkey bound to start and stop:
Code:
    "startHotkey": [
        {
            "key": "OBS_KEY_2"
        }
    ],
    "stopHotkey": [
        {
        }
    ],
I will look over the other settings later.

EDIT:
Looks like that might be the issue.
The sequence seems to be working just as expected.
After changing the hotkeys the plugin can be started / stopped as expected also.

Let me know if it works for you after fixing up the hotkey bindings :)

Last edited:

Warmuptill

Thank you for the wonderful plugin!

I'm not sure if this is an oversight, but in the Scene Triggers section, there is an option to Mute Source (Audio) whenever a scene is triggered, but there is no option to unmute it again later. It would be great if there was an option to unmute an audio source, as well.
Thanks for the suggestion!
I don't think that should be a lot of work.
I will try to provide a test build later today.

EDIT:
A build with this option will be available here in a few minutes:
(You will have to be logged into GitHub to be able to download it)

Let me know if you find any issues! :)

Last edited:

Kuffdam

Not sure if that is causing your issues, but you have the same hotkey bound to start and stop:
Code:
    "startHotkey": [
        {
        }
    ],
    "stopHotkey": [
        {
        }
    ],
I will look over the other settings later.

EDIT:
Looks like that might be the issue.
The sequence seems to be working just as expected.
After changing the hotkeys the plugin can be started / stopped as expected also.

Let me know if it works for you after fixing up the hotkey bindings :)

Thanks again for the reply

I changed the hotkeys to 1,2,3 on the start, stop and toggle

When I press these keys the plugin still shows inactive
I'm expecting that pressing 1 on my keyboard should change this to active - but it doesnt

SCRAP THAT - ITS WORKING
Brill - thanks for the help.... awesome

Attachments

• kuffsets.txt
    3.4 KB · Views: 16

Warmuptill

Thanks again for the reply

I changed the hotkeys to 1,2,3 on the start, stop and toggle

When I press these keys the plugin still shows inactive
I'm expecting that pressing 1 on my keyboard should change this to active - but it doesnt

SCRAP THAT - ITS WORKING
Brill - thanks for the help.... awesome
Glad to hear that you got it to work! :)
The Plugin UI not updating the status field when using hotkeys to start / stop the plugin is a bug - added to the todo list.

plus_power

I don't know if this is the right place to put this, but I think I found a bug in the plugin. I was thrilled to see the Pause now be able to pause certain switching methods on certain scenes (big props to the developer on that one, it's a feature I really needed and helps the plugin a lot). Unfortunately, whenever I try to pause File switching for a scene, the file switching still happens when I'm on that scene. I've tried adjusting any settings I could to get it working, but it just seems the File switching blatantly takes precedence over Pause.

Example: Pause [File] checks when [scene is active] [Test Scene]
*File is set to read a name from a file on the desktop*

If I move to "Test Scene" while there is a file on the desktop, it will instantly switch scenes instead of pausing the scene switching method as expected.

Warmuptill

I don't know if this is the right place to put this, but I think I found a bug in the plugin. I was thrilled to see the Pause now be able to pause certain switching methods on certain scenes (big props to the developer on that one, it's a feature I really needed and helps the plugin a lot). Unfortunately, whenever I try to pause File switching for a scene, the file switching still happens when I'm on that scene. I've tried adjusting any settings I could to get it working, but it just seems the File switching blatantly takes precedence over Pause.

Example: Pause [File] checks when [scene is active] [Test Scene]
*File is set to read a name from a file on the desktop*

If I move to "Test Scene" while there is a file on the desktop, it will instantly switch scenes instead of pausing the scene switching method as expected.
Oh, I think I know what is going on here.
The pausing of file scene switching only acts on the feature which allows switching based on the contents of a file and not the one which allows reading the name of the scene to switch to from a file.

The latter is what you are referring to, right?

If so that should be an easy fix and was just an oversight on my end.
I will try to provide a test build with a fix tomorrow.

Thanks for making me aware of that problem!

EDIT:
Test build will be available here in a couple of minutes:
(You need to be logged into GitHub to be able to download it)

EDIT2:
Don't know if it is useful for you but I also added the option to specify the transition to use on the second line of the file.

Last edited: