Resource icon

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.25.3

Warmuptill

First off, love the plugin! It's almost exactly what I need, especially with some of the latest updates. My ideal setup is switching to random scene groups while the plugin is active. Unfortunately, I am having some difficulty getting this to work properly.

I have my Scene Groups all set up, and that all works as expected. However, when I go to Random to add them they are not in the scenes list in the Random tab. Even stranger, they did appear there the first time I set it up, and I selected one and closed the Advanced Scene Switcher window, and when I reopened it, it was nowhere to be found., and has not been seen again since, despite multiple program restarts.

I do notice that the scenes seem to be available in the scene lists in the Title and Media tabs. Are random scenes a limitation of the Scene Groups functionality, or did I run into a glitch somewhere?

I'm running Windows 10 with OBS v26.1.1 and Advanced Scene Switcher v1.10 (Though this issue started with the prior version, which I updated in trying to resolve this)

Any help or guidance you can provide is greatly appreciated.
Glad you like the plugin! :)

The Random tab does not allow selecting scene groups as I just could not think of a scenario where this would be useful.
Maybe this was just a bad judgement call on my side.
Could you describe your use case for the scene groups on the Random tab in a bit more detail?

But in general this is not a strict limitation - I could allow selecting scene groups there at any time.
You can find a build where this is enabled here in a couple of minutes:
(You will have to be signed into GitHub to be able to download it - let me know if that is an issue for you)

Warmuptill

Hello, I find this plugin very awesome, and I've noticed the dev is still around :D nice one!

Btw, I don't know if it's already been suggested or the feature is already inside and it's me who cannot find it.

It would be very cool to switch to different scene using the same trigger and land on a different scene based on the starting scene.

IE.

I have 2 scenes, A1 and B1.
And have two slightly modified scenes that are A2 and B2

I'm on scene "A1"
I receive an update on my txt file "trigger.txt" (it's just a counter that increases everytime something on a website is triggered )
The switcher sends me to "A2" scene.
I then manually switch to scene "B1"
if I receive an update on my txt file "trigger.txt" it would be cool if it switched on the "B2" scene instead of the "A2"

Is there a way to do it? Am I missing something?
Thanks for the suggestion! :)

Just to make sure I understand your request correctly - you want to switched scenes based on file content AND depending on whatever scene is currently active, right?
If so I am afraid something like this is currently not possible.

It was already requested in the past to allow combining conditions. (Although in other contexts of course)
Unfortunately this would require reworking the plug-in quite a bit and is not something that I will be able to do in short term.

Nevertheless this is something I am interested in doing as it sound like a fun thing to try to implement, so I will add it to the todo list.

DrakeV3.

Thanks for the suggestion! :)

Just to make sure I understand your request correctly - you want to switched scenes based on file content AND depending on whatever scene is currently active, right?
If so I am afraid something like this is currently not possible.

It was already requested in the past to allow combining conditions. (Although in other contexts of course)
Unfortunately this would require reworking the plug-in quite a bit and is not something that I will be able to do in short term.

Nevertheless this is something I am interested in doing as it sound like a fun thing to try to implement, so I will add it to the todo list.

Exactly :)

And it could be expanded to all the other condition that causes a switch but I think that is what you meant with combining conditions

If in this scene, then go to this one
if in this other scene, then go to this other one
whenever the triggering event occurs.

in my case I need it to work with the file changing, yep :D

lorado

Ok, I got another question... When I setup switching scene, after my video media source is about to end (1 Second before end), I jump to the previous scene, using a different transition, as my "default" one. But after triggering this automatic scene switch, my currently selected transition changes to that, which was defined on media end hook. I was expecting, that after specified transition is done, it would jump back to the default defined, and not overwrite this.
I found a workaround for this, by defining my "default" transition, when I come to the specific scene, from which I actually jump to the scene with the video media source. But I think this behavior may be changed, so it makes more sense to users? I don't know...

Warmuptill

Ok, I got another question... When I setup switching scene, after my video media source is about to end (1 Second before end), I jump to the previous scene, using a different transition, as my "default" one. But after triggering this automatic scene switch, my currently selected transition changes to that, which was defined on media end hook. I was expecting, that after specified transition is done, it would jump back to the default defined, and not overwrite this.
I found a workaround for this, by defining my "default" transition, when I come to the specific scene, from which I actually jump to the scene with the video media source. But I think this behavior may be changed, so it makes more sense to users? I don't know...
I thought about changing this behaviour in the past, but changing the active scene transition type while scene changes are ongoing can cause a lot of issues, which is why I chose not to implement it.
(Changing the scene transition too early will lead to the transition to just be cancelled and the previous scene still being displayed while in the UI the new scene is already selected. Adding a hardcoded delay before restoring the transition in turn will lead to the same issue again if the user should choose to change to a different scene at an unfortunate time.)

RoachMcKrackin

Glad you like the plugin! :)

The Random tab does not allow selecting scene groups as I just could not think of a scenario where this would be useful.
Maybe this was just a bad judgement call on my side.
Could you describe your use case for the scene groups on the Random tab in a bit more detail?

But in general this is not a strict limitation - I could allow selecting scene groups there at any time.
You can find a build where this is enabled here in a couple of minutes:
(You will have to be signed into GitHub to be able to download it - let me know if that is an issue for you)

Thank you so much! I'll try it out shortly.

Here's an example use case: As a DJ, I want to keep my livestreams exciting, so I have many different types of scenes, including various logo bumps, and multiple cameras for both "main stage" and "behind the scenes" shots.

Prior to the group functionality being released, I used the random tab to load all the scenes I wanted to load that would auto-switch, but that means sometimes there would be multiple logo stings one after another, and not nearly enough time was spent on what I would consider my "main program" shots. Unfortunately there was no way to change this.

Now, with scene groups, I can create groups for my different types of shots: Main Stage, Logo Stings, and Behind The Scenes, and set each of these groups to play at random, so you'll never get two of the same type of shot.

Hope this makes sense, and if there's a better way to accomplish what I'm describing, definitely let me know!

Thanks again!

Warmuptill

Thank you so much! I'll try it out shortly.

Here's an example use case: As a DJ, I want to keep my livestreams exciting, so I have many different types of scenes, including various logo bumps, and multiple cameras for both "main stage" and "behind the scenes" shots.

Prior to the group functionality being released, I used the random tab to load all the scenes I wanted to load that would auto-switch, but that means sometimes there would be multiple logo stings one after another, and not nearly enough time was spent on what I would consider my "main program" shots. Unfortunately there was no way to change this.

Now, with scene groups, I can create groups for my different types of shots: Main Stage, Logo Stings, and Behind The Scenes, and set each of these groups to play at random, so you'll never get two of the same type of shot.

Hope this makes sense, and if there's a better way to accomplish what I'm describing, definitely let me know!

Thanks again!
Ah that makes sense - thank you very much for the example!
I will make sure to enable selection of scene groups for the Random tab in the next update.

DominiqueDJOYCE

Hi there,
French One here.

Beginning to use your plug-in, and it fits the way i aim to stream.

I should need two things to be perfect.

1. select the duration individually for transition, because here i my default timer is set and used, but i am willing to control that timer for each transition, and thx to you i can use my installed transition.
3. Maybe a random timer, change scene1 to scene 2, between 30 and 40s, and this scene2 to scene3 between 20 and 25s, to make things more imprevisible and human/natural?

Very good and hard work, thx to provide such plugins !

RoachMcKrackin

Ah that makes sense - thank you very much for the example!
I will make sure to enable selection of scene groups for the Random tab in the next update.

Ok, so good news and bad news:

Good news: Scene Groups now appear in the Random tab!
Bad news: Scene switching does not work when scene groups are selected.

Here are some images of my configuration to hopefully sort this out:
1616067847413.png
1616067787145.png
1616067812042.png

Of note: If I switch the Scene Groups in the Random tab to Scenes with no other changes the plugin works as expected.

Thank you for your continued assistance on this!

Warmuptill

Ok, so good news and bad news:

Good news: Scene Groups now appear in the Random tab!
Bad news: Scene switching does not work when scene groups are selected.

Here are some images of my configuration to hopefully sort this out:
View attachment 69038View attachment 69036View attachment 69037

Of note: If I switch the Scene Groups in the Random tab to Scenes with no other changes the plugin works as expected.

Thank you for your continued assistance on this!
Ah you are right, my bad.
I only tested with a single scene group and that just happened to work.
Using multiple scene groups required some minor changes.
You can find a new build here in a few:

Warmuptill

Hi there,
French One here.

Beginning to use your plug-in, and it fits the way i aim to stream.

I should need two things to be perfect.

1. select the duration individually for transition, because here i my default timer is set and used, but i am willing to control that timer for each transition, and thx to you i can use my installed transition.
3. Maybe a random timer, change scene1 to scene 2, between 30 and 40s, and this scene2 to scene3 between 20 and 25s, to make things more imprevisible and human/natural?

Very good and hard work, thx to provide such plugins !
I am not sure if I understand your request correctly but for your first point you might want to check out the transition table plugin:

I will add the last point to the todo list.
Thanks for the suggestion!

RoachMcKrackin

Ah you are right, my bad.
I only tested with a single scene group and that just happened to work.
Using multiple scene groups required some minor changes.
You can find a new build here in a few:

We have joy! Thank you so much!!

Yokondo

Hi, is there a way that you could create a loop through a selected group?, I mean, I want to change between 5 sceens at 0.5 sec between each sceen, but need them as a loop through this group. Could that be a new feature?

Warmuptill

Hi, is there a way that you could create a loop through a selected group?, I mean, I want to change between 5 sceens at 0.5 sec between each sceen, but need them as a loop through this group. Could that be a new feature?
I am not sure if I understand your request.
Can you elaborate on how this would be different to using a scene sequence?

Yokondo

I am not sure if I understand your request.
Can you elaborate on how this would be different to using a scene sequence?
Hi, say I want to have a loop through the 4 cameras during 5 seconds or 8 or 10 or 12 so the loop would be there unless I change to another scene. I have tested on the sequence and need to duplicate scenes to make more time to loop cause you cannot duplicate them

Yokondo

Hi, say I want to have a loop through the 4 cameras during 5 seconds or 8 or 10 or 12 so the loop would be there unless I change to another scene. I have tested on the sequence and need to duplicate scenes to make more time to loop cause you cannot duplicate them
Hi, I have just found the extend feature on the plug in, it's awesome to work with, just I needed to create 30 extended values while it could've been just 3 scenes and loop them. Could be a future feature.
It's awesome. Love the plug in

sunsetsbrew

@Warmuptill the audio switcher is fantastic. What are the chances of ever being able to do other things besides switch a scene with the audio trigger? I would LOVE to be able to toggle sources, or even source filters using this. seriously great work.

Warmuptill

@Warmuptill the audio switcher is fantastic. What are the chances of ever being able to do other things besides switch a scene with the audio trigger? I would LOVE to be able to toggle sources, or even source filters using this. seriously great work.
At the moment I have not planned to implement actions besides scene switching - but I will make a note on my todo list anyways :)

sunsetsbrew

At the moment I have not planned to implement actions besides scene switching - but I will make a note on my todo list anyways :)

My use case would be for reactive visual/audio effects when people are speaking in a multi-guest stream, I would be able to do cool things like change an image when someone is talking, be able to let the guests know when they are talking over each other, or even have audio triggered source moves (using source filter activation triggers) which expand a guests video window a bit to emphasize who is speaking. I use advanced scene switcher for so many things already it has really simplified my workflow, so anything else is icing on the cake :)