Resource icon

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.25.5

ukie

When running the latest version (1.9)
With the default transition is set to CUT.
Under Transition tab:
When scene "1" is active change default scene transition to "cut"

Under Sequence:
When "2" is active switch to "1" after "20" seconds using "Fade"

The transition begins from 2 to 1, but the image quickly jumps back to "2", apparently because of the settings under the transition tab.

I am just trying to keep the default transition as "cut", even after the sequence executes with "fade"

I installed the latest after seeing this major commit, My general Tab still has the options on the General Tab
1612407976130.png

I'm not sure if that was intended based on
Add scene trigger tab
This tab allows you to trigger actions on scene change, like stopping streaming or recording.
Feel free to make suggestions for additions.

Please note that the options to automatically start or stop streaming or recording on specific scenes were removed from the general tab.
Corresponding entries will be automatically created on this new tab!
Or if it's remnants from me having the earlier version installed. Otherwise Things are working Great!

Grid

SN1974

I am a little confused by the new column on the time tab.

The options are "is active", "is not active" and "switched away from". The question is WHAT "is active", WHAT "is not active" and WHAT "switched away from" (or should it be "switched away from" WHAT)?

Maybe I'm being dense with this, but I think it needs some explanation.

Warmuptill

I installed the latest after seeing this major commit, My general Tab still has the options on the General Tab
View attachment 66915

I'm not sure if that was intended based on
Or if it's remnants from me having the earlier version installed. Otherwise Things are working Great!

Grid
Yes, in your test builds the General tab was already adjusted.
I was referring to the "automatically stop streaming on scene" and "automatically start streaming on scene" options, which were moved.

I am a little confused by the new column on the time tab.

The options are "is active", "is not active" and "switched away from". The question is WHAT "is active", WHAT "is not active" and WHAT "switched away from" (or should it be "switched away from" WHAT)?

Maybe I'm being dense with this, but I think it needs some explanation.
This sounds very much like a bug.
Unfortunately I can't check myself at the moment.
Would you be able to share a screenshot?

EDIT: Never mind, I think I found the issue... I updated the release to contain the fix, so please download it once again.
This problem should have only affected the Windows version.

Thanks for reporting the issue so early! :)

Last edited:

Warmuptill

Under Transition tab:

Under Sequence:

The transition begins from 2 to 1, but the image quickly jumps back to "2", apparently because of the settings under the transition tab.

I am just trying to keep the default transition as "cut", even after the sequence executes with "fade"

I haven't found a good way to resolve this issue.
It does not seem to happen if the sequence is not interruptible - so maybe that might be an option for you.

Hi guys I am new to Ubuntu and am trying to install the plugin. I have the plugin installed here: /usr/share/obs/obs-plugins, but cant get it to work, any direction?
Unfortunately, I can't really give you more advice than is already available in the installation instructions.
On Linux the locations for the plug-in files seems to vary a lot.

Maybe checking the OBS log and searching for other plug-ins or locale files might give hints.
If you are completely lost and out of ideas feel free to send me a message and we can try to work it out.

Last edited:

Warmuptill

Under Transition tab:

Under Sequence:

I might have found a solution but I am not sure yet - maybe I just got lucky during testing.
Would you mind giving this build a try?
(You need to be logged into GitHub to be able to download the release - let me know if that should be an issue for you)

ukie

I might have found a solution but I am not sure yet - maybe I just got lucky during testing.
Would you mind giving this build a try?
(You need to be logged into GitHub to be able to download the release - let me know if that should be an issue for you)
Looks like it's still behaving the same way. I'm on Mac OS, by the way.
To clarify, were you trying to fix the first issue I mentioned, regarding

Under Transition tab:

or just resetting the default transition back to what it was before the scene sequence trigger occurred?
Both behaviors are still the same for me.

Warmuptill

Looks like it's still behaving the same way. I'm on Mac OS, by the way.
To clarify, were you trying to fix the first issue I mentioned, regarding

or just resetting the default transition back to what it was before the scene sequence trigger occurred?
Both behaviors are still the same for me.
I tried to resolve this:

Maybe some background as what is happening here - hopefully you can spot an issue:
The scene switcher checks every x ms (configured on the General tab) what to do next.
One of these check is taking care of setting the default transitions.
This default transition check will only do something if a certain flag is set.
This flag is only set if OBS sends the event "OBS_FRONTEND_EVENT_TRANSITION_STOPPED".
But for some reason this seems to happen to early and thus the transition type will be changed, while a transition is still happening.
(Although a few ms later it seems to be done)

What I now tried with the above build is using a different OBS event - OBS_FRONTEND_EVENT_SCENE_CHANGED - to reset that flag.
This seemed to work for my tests, but I guess I just got lucky.

I think what I will do now is just wait a small static amount of time after receiving OBS_FRONTEND_EVENT_TRANSITION_STOPPED and before resetting the mentioned flag and see if that helps.
This approach could in theory cause issues when extremely rapidly switching scenes.
But I think that would be an acceptable drawback only applicable for very niche situations anyways.

I will try to provide you a test build for that tomorrow.

Last edited:

pinchi

Great work! I think I might have found something - before updating the plugin asks whether I want to save my settings. I do. After updating the settings can't import. As soon as I click on import the dialog closes. I restart the plugin from OBS menu - settings have not been imported. I will need to set everything again it seems!

Warmuptill

Great work! I think I might have found something - before updating the plugin asks whether I want to save my settings. I do. After updating the settings can't import. As soon as I click on import the dialog closes. I restart the plugin from OBS menu - settings have not been imported. I will need to set everything again it seems!
Would you be able to share the settings file with me?

Warmuptill

Please see attached.
Thanks!

I cannot seem to observe any issues importing these settings.
What kind of settings are you missing in particular?

> As soon as I click on import the dialog closes.
Are you referring to this dialog box?
Import.PNG

If yes, then it is expected that the plugin's settings menu closes after pressing OK.
(Was just being lazy here so I don't have to implement resetting the UI after a settings import)

Warmuptill

I tried to resolve this:

Maybe some background as what is happening here - hopefully you can spot an issue:
The scene switcher checks every x ms (configured on the General tab) what to do next.
One of these check is taking care of setting the default transitions.
This default transition check will only do something if a certain flag is set.
This flag is only set if OBS sends the event "OBS_FRONTEND_EVENT_TRANSITION_STOPPED".
But for some reason this seems to happen to early and thus the transition type will be changed, while a transition is still happening.
(Although a few ms later it seems to be done)

What I now tried with the above build is using a different OBS event - OBS_FRONTEND_EVENT_SCENE_CHANGED - to reset that flag.
This seemed to work for my tests, but I guess I just got lucky.

I think what I will do now is just wait a small static amount of time after receiving OBS_FRONTEND_EVENT_TRANSITION_STOPPED and before resetting the mentioned flag and see if that helps.
This approach could in theory cause issues when extremely rapidly switching scenes.
But I think that would be an acceptable drawback only applicable for very niche situations anyways.

I will try to provide you a test build for that tomorrow.
A build with the proposed change will be available here in a couple of minutes:

THE R3Y3S

I got a bug when i have a sequence and switch automatically on previous scene. For example, i was on scene 1, switch to scene 2 and then start a sequence, after the end, tool switches on scene 1 and then on scene 2, not instant to scene 2

Warmuptill

I got a bug when i have a sequence and switch automatically on previous scene. For example, i was on scene 1, switch to scene 2 and then start a sequence, after the end, tool switches on scene 1 and then on scene 2, not instant to scene 2
Hm, I am not sure I understand the situation correctly.
Would you maybe be able to export the settings that are causing issues and share them with me?
Or maybe even an OBS log with verbose logging enabled?
(The option to enable verbose logging can be found on the General tab)

What I understood is:
You start by manually switching to scene one.
Active scene: Scene 1
Previous Scene: Unknown
Then you manually switch to scene two.
Active scene: Scene 2
Previous Scene: Scene 1
This triggers a sequence which presumably is supposed to use the "previous scene", which in this case is Scene 1.
Previous Scene: Scene 2

So far so good - everything working as expected.
This part I do not understand "then on scene 2, not instant to scene 2".
Do you mean that after you are now manually switching to Scene 2 once again, you would expect it to switch to Scene 2 twice in a row?
I do not think there is any case where the previous scene can be the same as the currently active scene.

pinchi

Thanks!

I cannot seem to observe any issues importing these settings.
What kind of settings are you missing in particular?

> As soon as I click on import the dialog closes.
Are you referring to this dialog box?
View attachment 66995
If yes, then it is expected that the plugin's settings menu closes after pressing OK.
(Was just being lazy here so I don't have to implement resetting the UI after a settings import)
Oh I was expecting that the scene transitions that I set would not just vanish on the upgrade....

THE R3Y3S

Hm, I am not sure I understand the situation correctly.
Would you maybe be able to export the settings that are causing issues and share them with me?
Or maybe even an OBS log with verbose logging enabled?
(The option to enable verbose logging can be found on the General tab)

What I understood is:
You start by manually switching to scene one.
Previous Scene: Unknown
Then you manually switch to scene two.
Active scene: Scene 2
Previous Scene: Scene 1
This triggers a sequence which presumably is supposed to use the "previous scene", which in this case is Scene 1.
Previous Scene: Scene 2

So far so good - everything working as expected.
This part I do not understand "then on scene 2, not instant to scene 2".
Do you mean that after you are now manually switching to Scene 2 once again, you would expect it to switch to Scene 2 twice in a row?
I do not think there is any case where the previous scene can be the same as the currently active scene.

This is how i setup the sequenced scene https://prnt.sc/yjgv6b

Warmuptill

Oh I was expecting that the scene transitions that I set would not just vanish on the upgrade....
That should not be the the case.

@Any potential readers:
Did anyone else also observe this while upgrading to the newer version?
If so please let me know!

The settings file you provided had almost no entries, so something else must be going on.
Are you sure you haven't accidentally switched to a different scene collection or the underlying transition was removed?

This is how i setup the sequenced scene https://prnt.sc/yjgv6b
Thanks for the video!
Unfortunately, without knowing what else you have configured it is almost impossible for me to help you and I did not really understand what the actual issue is from your description.
It would also help if you could provide an OBS log of when the issue occurred, with verbose logging enabled, this should tell me why the scene switcher is switching to the scene it does.

Edit: Wait so you have a scene named "Scene 2" and a scene named "scene 2", which you are referring to as "scene 2" and "scene 1"?
This is getting very confusing.
I sent you a direct message in case you do not want to share your settings / log here.

Last edited:
As a fan of @Warmuptill's plug-in, and using for House of Worship for last 9 months, I thought I'd chime in here. My typical service has 25+ OBS scenes, and as you mention, many of these are duplicative (we go back and forth from pre-recorded content [music/readings/announcements, etc] and live video). Jumping back and forth in scene list did not work for a solo operator, even one highly caffeinated. So, my OBS scene list (which can be re-arranged in any order) is in our service order. For me, the next OBS scene is ALWAYS the scene after (under) the one I'm on now. I don't use Studio mode.
Using the automation of this plug-in:
- based on clock time, I move to a set scene to start recording (I start streaming in advance), then move scene to countdown timer page, and start a replay prelude (picture in picture scene). We start streaming 10 minutes before service 'starts', with actual live video starting 2 minutes after the hour (12 minutes after starting stream). Every scene change is automated using this plug-in.
- The only 'manual' task I have to start with is advancing the PowerPoint slides (service bulletin)
- During the service, my tasks are
- manually advancing to next scene when current scene is live video (can't time or otherwise automate when speaker is done and ready for next scene). Using Media based Scene switching, when a pre-recorded video ends, Scene is auto advanced
- manually advance PPTx slideshow to keep up with service (the part I'm most interested in automating next but O365 security paradigm changes doesn't make that easy)
- manually control PTZ camera as required (completely manual s/w based at the moment) but once automation coming
- keep an on on livestream platform comments (so as to be aware of audio issues, etc) and occasionally replying, posting sermon questions, etc.
We have someone else (Digital Usher to monitor comments & stream, and they TXT me if need be)
- at the end, I use plug-ins Sequence to handle the Postlude, Go In Peace / Join us for virtual coffee hour, copyright slide, end stream/recording

The above is something that can be done solo with the right person (you do have to keep track of a number of items at once)

So, i get the idea of Next, but if I have to push a button for next, I'd argue that it is just as easy (and in the KISS mindset) to simply click on the next scene down in the OBS scene list... just a thought. I'm happy to web conference and show my setup, for anyone interested (direct message... not this thread)

Good Morning
We live stream our church services on Sunday am as well but not as many services as you do !
Would love to have a conversation as we are now getting rid of Elgado software ) and bringing up OBS Studio as we have moved on . We broadcast on YouTube every Sunday morning from 08:30 am until 11:00 - 11:15 AM . Being a rookie to OBS , I had an issue on Sunday whereas my camera , Canon HF 800 non wireless camera , has a wide angle lens but the picture coming out was a closed angle and I could not or I do not understand how to resolve that in OBS . I could not get a wide angle on the altar so I had to revert back to Elgado for the session yesterday ! Sorry for the lengthy but any help would be appreciate !!