Resource icon

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.25.5

pinchi

It crashed OBS. Crashes every time if I leave it running and switch to another OBS Profile on Startup. Crash Log attached.

Attachments

• crashLog.txt
    115.2 KB · Views: 30

Warmuptill

It crashed OBS. Crashes every time if I leave it running and switch to another OBS Profile on Startup. Crash Log attached.
Thanks for reporting about this crash!

I can't seem to reproduce it on my end yet.
What exactly have you configured on the scene sequence tab?
Would you be willing to export your settings for the plugin and send them to me, either via a separate conversation or here?

pinchi

Thanks for reporting about this crash!

I can't seem to reproduce it on my end yet.
What exactly have you configured on the scene sequence tab?
Would you be willing to export your settings for the plugin and send them to me, either via a separate conversation or here?
Sure, please see attached. It crashed again while I was using Skype over NDI. These crashes didn't happen before I installed the plugin...

Attachments

• crash.txt
    73.1 KB · Views: 23
  • Settings.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 20

Warmuptill

Sure, please see attached. It crashed again while I was using Skype over NDI. These crashes didn't happen before I installed the plugin...
Thank you very much for sharing the settings / logs!
I think I found a reason for the initial crash report and started build with this change here:
I would appreciate if you could give this a try and report back if you run into issues.
(You might have to be logged into Github to be able to download it - if that is a problem please let me know and I can send it to you via other means)

The issue was that the scene switcher allowed importing settings while it was in the middle of a uninterruptible scene sequence causing it to point to invalid data after waking up from the scene sequence delay.
Was this what you were referring to with " switch to another OBS Profile "?

The scene switcher does not seem to involved in the second crash you shared earlier, if I am not mistaken.
Not sure what is going on there, unfortunately.
(Crash in "win-dshow.dll!video_queue_write+0x84")

Last edited:

pinchi

Thank you very much for sharing the settings / logs!
I think I found a reason for the initial crash report and started build with this change here:
I would appreciate if you could give this a try and report back if you run into issues.
(You might have to be logged into Github to be able to download it - if that is a problem please let me know and I can send it to you via other means)

The issue was that the scene switcher allowed importing settings while it was in the middle of a uninterruptible scene sequence causing it to point to invalid data after waking up from the scene sequence delay.
Was this what you were referring to with " switch to another OBS Profile "?

The scene switcher does not seem to involved in the second crash you shared earlier, if I am not mistaken.
Not sure what is going on there, unfortunately.
(Crash in "win-dshow.dll!video_queue_write+0x84")

So basically I have two profiles on OBS Studio. Profile 1 streams to Twitch, Profile 2 streams to Youtube. Each has its own scene collections (I manually change to another scene collection when I change the profile). So if I start the Scene Switcher in say Profile 1 and then leave it running and move to Profile 2 then the crash happens!

I suspect it will happen again as I think it might be an issue with OBS STUDIO. OR you could program the Scene Switcher to automatically STOP if the user changes to another profile!!

In fact it would be a GREAT FEATURE to have a splash screen when starting OBS Studio to login to ONE particular profile that is functionally different and has a different set of settings than another profile (which can be accessed by logging out of one profile and logging into another) :)

Hey, i found your plugin by looking for a specific recording automations. Yours is the closet i've found that matches what im looking for, it's so close i was wondering if you could add the feature.

You have
Automatically stop streaming/recording on scene [whatever you want]
Automatically start [recording] on scene [whatever you want]

What i would love to see, functionality wise would be

Automatically start [streaming/recording] on scene [choice]
Automatically start recording when leaving scene [choice]
Automatically pause recording on scene [choice]. Unpause when exiting scene [check box]
Automatically end recording on scene [choice]
Automatically end [recording/streaming] on scene [choice]. Delay of [minutes/seconds] Default 0

Reasoning is:

A variety streamer might have multiple scenes arranged for maybe a retro console or full pc capture ect... If they only want to record gameplay then it would be easier to "start recording" when they leave their welcome screen/counttime timer, what ever it is, and then pause the recording when they go to a break screen.

The stop recording/stream is great, but some people have end cards that may thank their audience ect so a timer that lets that scene linger for a bit would be nice before ending.

Thanks so much for the plugin, i've been told you take input suggestions well so i hope you will consider them, and i will be looking at all it's functions to see how best i can implement it.

Grid

Bygrilinho

Thanks for the suggestion!
A version of the plug-in, where you can select whether to stop streaming, recording or both on a given scene, should be available in a couple of minutes here:
(You might have to be logged into Github to be able to download it)

Let me know if this works as expected or if you run into any issues.
Hey there! Sorry for the delay; this works exactly as I expected. Thank you!

@Warmuptill

I am seeing an odd thing... have Advanced Scene Swithcher working fine on my laptop, but when I replicate my OBS folder structure (I run OBS in portable mode) to another computer, which I access remotely, the Advanced Scene Switcher does not appear in the OBS menu.

I have verified the ASS dll and pdb files are in place (from when I replicated the entire folder to the remote computer).

Anyone have any ideas as to what might be going on?

Warmuptill

So basically I have two profiles on OBS Studio. Profile 1 streams to Twitch, Profile 2 streams to Youtube. Each has its own scene collections (I manually change to another scene collection when I change the profile). So if I start the Scene Switcher in say Profile 1 and then leave it running and move to Profile 2 then the crash happens!

I suspect it will happen again as I think it might be an issue with OBS STUDIO. OR you could program the Scene Switcher to automatically STOP if the user changes to another profile!!

In fact it would be a GREAT FEATURE to have a splash screen when starting OBS Studio to login to ONE particular profile that is functionally different and has a different set of settings than another profile (which can be accessed by logging out of one profile and logging into another) :)

Stopping the scene switcher on scene collection change is already in place if I am not mistaken.
Maybe I made an error.
I will double check.

Hey, i found your plugin by looking for a specific recording automations. Yours is the closet i've found that matches what im looking for, it's so close i was wondering if you could add the feature.

You have

Automatically pause recording on scene [choice]. Unpause when exiting scene [check box]
Automatically end [recording/streaming] on scene [choice]. Delay of [minutes/seconds] Default 0

Reasoning is:

A variety streamer might have multiple scenes arranged for maybe a retro console or full pc capture ect... If they only want to record gameplay then it would be easier to "start recording" when they leave their welcome screen/counttime timer, what ever it is, and then pause the recording when they go to a break screen.

The stop recording/stream is great, but some people have end cards that may thank their audience ect so a timer that lets that scene linger for a bit would be nice before ending.

Thanks so much for the plugin, i've been told you take input suggestions well so i hope you will consider them, and i will be looking at all it's functions to see how best i can implement it.

Grid
Thanks for the suggestion - I will add it to the todo list. :)
Can't give you an ETA though.

Hey there! Sorry for the delay; this works exactly as I expected. Thank you!
Thanks for the feedback!

@Warmuptill

I am seeing an odd thing... have Advanced Scene Swithcher working fine on my laptop, but when I replicate my OBS folder structure (I run OBS in portable mode) to another computer, which I access remotely, the Advanced Scene Switcher does not appear in the OBS menu.

I have verified the ASS dll and pdb files are in place (from when I replicated the entire folder to the remote computer).

Anyone have any ideas as to what might be going on?
Without a log file I can't really say.
Maybe the VS redistributable is not installed?

@Warmuptill --

This is what shows in my OBS log file:

Code:
09:44:11.793: LoadLibrary failed for '../../obs-plugins/64bit/advanced-scene-switcher.dll': The specified module could not be found.
09:44:11.793:  (126)
09:44:11.793: Module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/advanced-scene-switcher.dll' not loaded

This is what I have installed for MS VC redistributables:

1611330645951.png

Oddly, 2015 is missing... and I tried installing that, but it does not seem to install.

Now, another aspect here is that I have Office 365 installed.

Ideas?

Warmuptill

@Warmuptill --

This is what shows in my OBS log file:

Code:
09:44:11.793: LoadLibrary failed for '../../obs-plugins/64bit/advanced-scene-switcher.dll': The specified module could not be found.
09:44:11.793:  (126)
09:44:11.793: Module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/advanced-scene-switcher.dll' not loaded

This is what I have installed for MS VC redistributables:

View attachment 66299

Oddly, 2015 is missing... and I tried installing that, but it does not seem to install.

Now, another aspect here is that I have Office 365 installed.

Ideas?
Error 126 usually means that a dependency of the plugin cannot be found.
The only one that could be missing on windows is the redistributable as far as I know.

Can you please try running the provided installer?
That should take care of installing the necessary redistributable.

Are you using the same version of the plugin and of OBS in both setups?

I am not using the very latest ASS verssion, but I _am_ using the same version on both PC’s.

I had merely made sure the same dll and pdb files were in the correct locations on both machines... I’ll try running the installer again.

Warmuptill

I am not using the very latest ASS verssion, but I _am_ using the same version on both PC’s.

I had merely made sure the same dll and pdb files were in the correct locations on both machines... I’ll try running the installer again.
Ah, I see - I thought you were using the most recent version of the plug-in.

I guess you could run the installer to make sure that the correct redistributable is installed and then switch back to the old version of the plug-in.
(But depending on how old the version is you are using this might affect the settings)

Another thing that could theoretically go wrong in older versions of the plug-in is that it can't find libcurl - although I have never seen that behaviour on Windows.

Just out of curiosity - why are you using an older version of the plug-in?
Did I break any functionality in a newer version or was it some special one-off build I provided?

The version I am using is the one-off you made for me, that creates the auto-switching status log file.

i just have not had a need to move to the latest version yet, and you changed how you are writing the log file — and I had gotten things working with the original log file, so didn’t bother changing it yet.

I’ll move to the latest if your suggestion does not work.

thx!

KG_User

Hey I couldn't get this working on macOS Catalina (unless the tool itself is in some place I don't know how to find inside obs - I assumed it replaced "Automatic Scene Switcher" in the tool drop down - a description of where to find the tool in obs would help)

So I followed the instructions and installed it but there was no resulting change in obs
Then i tried but could not figure out how to find or extract the .so file

there was no "show pkg contents" option for the pkg file
I used a manual extraction in terminal, but the pkg contents did not have the content described: the advanced-scene-switcher.so file (or the data folder for that matter)

So im kind of stumped rn.

KG_User

Sorry to be such a dolt, but

"Alternatively extract the *so file and data folder and either ..."

how do I do I do this?
There was no "Show package contents" option on right click on the pkg file
The manual terminal method of "show package contents" did not produce the files you mentioned either.

Warmuptill

Sorry to be such a dolt, but

"Alternatively extract the *so file and data folder and either ..."

how do I do I do this?
There was no "Show package contents" option on right click on the pkg file
The manual terminal method of "show package contents" did not produce the files you mentioned either.
So you ran the *pkg file and did not see the Advanced Scene Switcher option in the tools menu?
If so please share a log file of OBS.

Please note that at least OBS version 26.1 is required for this plugin to work on macOS.
(Unfortunately I can only select 26.0 as the required version on the plugin overview page)

Warmuptill

You have

Reasoning is:

Grid
Hey,
I added a first implementation of this functionality here:
(You have to be logged into GitHub to be able to download it - if that's an issue please let me know)

SceneTriggerSample.png

I would love to get some feedback :)
I haven't done much testing yet - so I am sorry, if it should break anything.

Last edited: