Advanced Scene Switcher

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.27.2

___elvis___

How can I close the projector?

I use the projector to display my Nintendo Switch image in full screen on the second monitor. Starts automatically when the scene changes. Works great.

How can I now close the projector when I switch back to “Just Chatting”, for example? Thank you

Bildschirmfoto 2024-10-15 um 09.22.26.png

AaronD

How can I close the projector?

I use the projector to display my Nintendo Switch image in full screen on the second monitor. Starts automatically when the scene changes. Works great.

How can I now close the projector when I switch back to “Just Chatting”, for example? Thank you

View attachment 108557
What's your goal here?

Normally, the projector is something you leave on all the time so that OBS always controls what's on that screen. If you want it to show something else, then you run that something else through OBS to display there. Putting it up and taking it down has the same feel as starting and stopping the stream; not a part of an ongoing stream.

So what are you doing to require such an odd workflow?

---

Besides, Adv. SS doesn't actually know about the projectors anyway. Once it opens one, it loses track of it. So it really can't close them, or do anything else with them. If you really *must* have that functionality, then you might look at the Run action to trigger an external script, that can then re-discover a specific window based on some useful criteria, and then close it without killing all of OBS in the process.

---

Depending on what you're actually doing, you might use the setting in OBS itself to limit it to one fullscreen projector per screen (Settings -> General -> scroll down), and then open another one on that same screen. Don't know if that setting replaces the old or blocks the new, but it might be worth trying. But you still have OBS always controlling that screen.

AaronD

Is there a way to force Advanced Scene Switcher to apply changes while stinger happens ?
So right now for me it looks like this (I have same source, with some blur on it that's enabled and disabled depending on scene using Advanced Switcher), I'm sitting on a non blur scene, when I switch scene 3 second Stinger hits, but instead of enabling blur filter underneath the stinge Advanced Switcher enables blur and all changes for that matter only when stinger is finished. Any way around it so that it would be all subtle under the stinger ?
Can you do things in a different order? Blur first, then stinger, then unblur, all explicitly in Adv. SS and not automatically by something else?

It's a similar mentality to the solution of, "How can I make it respond to X," being to actually have it respond to the *trigger* of X, and then have it do both X and its response.

Cynaxia

Can you do things in a different order? Blur first, then stinger, then unblur, all explicitly in Adv. SS and not automatically by something else?

It's a similar mentality to the solution of, "How can I make it respond to X," being to actually have it respond to the *trigger* of X, and then have it do both X and its response.
I don't get exactly what you trying to say,
The blur on source is linked to which scene is currently on, stinger is done by OBS feature itself
Issue I'm having, say stinger is 8seconds long, actual transition happens at 4seconds, but Adv. SS clicks in blur on the source only when stinger is over so @8seconds+ making it all visible
If you don't use stinger and just use cut instead, it would make it on scene swap click, so question is why is it any different with stinger on, why does it wait till stinger is over rather than clicking things in @4seconds mark during transition when scenes are swapping

___elvis___

So what are you doing to require such an odd workflow?

This is my main monitor on which the Switch image should be displayed in large format. When I am finished, I want the desktop to be displayed again, or .....
I have not connected the image from the Switch separately, it only comes into the PC via the capture card. I can then use the projector to display it on my main monitor.
I thought there was an easy way. Start the projector, stop the projector. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

AaronD

This is my main monitor on which the Switch image should be displayed in large format. When I am finished, I want the desktop to be displayed again, or .....
I have not connected the image from the Switch separately, it only comes into the PC via the capture card. I can then use the projector to display it on my main monitor.
I thought there was an easy way. Start the projector, stop the projector. But that doesn't seem to be the case.
So this is more of a setup/teardown thing, and not in the middle of an ongoing stream. In that case, can you start/stop OBS entirely?

If you use it for different things, then you can have a Profile and Scene Collection for each thing, and use the command-line flags to tell it which to use. One has the projector and the other doesn't. In fact, you can have a completely different rig for each if you want, with no similarity between them at all. When you're done with one, you shut it down completely. When you want to do something with it, you start it again with the corresponding flags. Probably best to create (or copy and modify) your own shortcuts for the different flags that you're going to use...

obs --help on the command-line, to see all that you can do there. :-)

AaronD

I don't get exactly what you trying to say,
The blur on source is linked to which scene is currently on, stinger is done by OBS feature itself
Issue I'm having, say stinger is 8seconds long, actual transition happens at 4seconds, but Adv. SS clicks in blur on the source only when stinger is over so @8seconds+ making it all visible
If you don't use stinger and just use cut instead, it would make it on scene swap click, so question is why is it any different with stinger on, why does it wait till stinger is over rather than clicking things in @4seconds mark during transition when scenes are swapping
I think I'd have to see an example. Record what doesn't work, post that recording, and say what should be different about the recording.

If I'm imagining correctly now, I wonder if you could do a similar thing with the Downstream Keyer plugin, instead of an actual stinger?:
DSK takes a normal scene, and overlays it on top of what would otherwise be OBS's final output. So you can switch scenes under it, or do anything else you want, and the DSK'ed scene stays on top through all of that. So if you have, say, a "stinger" scene DSK'ed on top, then you can control things happening on both that and the "normal" output underneath, independently from each other.

Warmuptill

Is there a way to force Advanced Scene Switcher to apply changes while stinger happens ?
So right now for me it looks like this (I have same source, with some blur on it that's enabled and disabled depending on scene using Advanced Switcher), I'm sitting on a non blur scene, when I switch scene 3 second Stinger hits, but instead of enabling blur filter underneath the stinge Advanced Switcher enables blur and all changes for that matter only when stinger is finished. Any way around it so that it would be all subtle under the stinger ?
Maybe you could do something like this:

1729025415432.png

(Just an example - you will have to tweak the values)

bcoyle

The DSK overlays all the current video, but does it replace the audio as well, i.e mutes current audio and replaces it with the DSK audio? You can tell, I don't know much about this plugin. LOL

Neo.Acla

Hello, i uave a few questions.
First of all I haven't tried yet this plugin's capabilities. But as I quickly visited the documentation it seems very powerful in terms of switching customization. Only thing that I may e missed or didn't see the variable is the display output.

Why I'm curious about that variable is because I've been looking for a plugin that can display a scene in a multi screen display which each display output are showing different media/source/scene.

Is this possible with this plugin?

Case scenario:

Scene 1: source (a) will display to projector number 1 with slideshow, source (b) will display to projector number 2 with powerpoint presentation.

Scene 2: source (a) will display to projector number 1 with video, source (b) will display to projector number 2 with live camera scene.

AaronD

The DSK overlays all the current video, but does it replace the audio as well, i.e mutes current audio and replaces it with the DSK audio? You can tell, I don't know much about this plugin. LOL
Haven't tried it that way, but I believe it adds to the existing audio. More mixer channels.

AaronD

Scene 1: source (a) will display to projector number 1 with slideshow, source (b) will display to projector number 2 with powerpoint presentation.

Scene 2: source (a) will display to projector number 1 with video, source (b) will display to projector number 2 with live camera scene.
I would use two separate instances of OBS to do that. One for each projector. Because they're producing different content and they're both changing. If one didn't change, then you could send that to one projector and forget it, and then connect the other projector to the main output, all in one instance. But because they're both changing, I'd use two separate and simultaneous instances.

Designate one to be the "Master", and always start it first. Enable the WebSocket server. Run Adv. SS in both. Use different Profiles and Scene Collections for each. I just call mine "Master" and "Slave".

In the Slave instance, have Adv. SS connect to the Master's WebSocket server. Now you can pass messages between instances of Adv. SS to coordinate their host instances of OBS. For example, the Master might have a scene switch trigger a WS message, while the Slave has that message trigger a scene switch.

Each instance of OBS has one projector, connected to the main output.

seraphinesweets

Does anyone know how to UNINSTALL the advanced scene switcher in macOS? I have tried uninstalling my entire obs but it's still here. I tried searching for any files named advanced scene switcher in my system but no result found. Any suggestion is appreciated!!!

Lantecer

I`m facing an issue with a simple setup which I don't understand. It worked at the beginning, but after a update some months ago it stopped.

I have 3 scenes which cycle every 30s, simple "if Scene 1 for 30s then switch to Scene 2".
Scene 2 to Scene 3 and
Scene 3 to 1 again.

It works from Scene 1 to 2 and then it Stops. Sometimes it works from Scene 3 to 1 and then stops. There doesn't seem to be a logical pattern.

For debugging I enabled the option to "mark met conditions green" and they are marked green, but the scene doesn't switch.
If I click "execute makro" then it switches the scene.

Why doesn't it switch automatically? What am I missing?

AaronD

I`m facing an issue with a simple setup which I don't understand. It worked at the beginning, but after a update some months ago it stopped.

I have 3 scenes which cycle every 30s, simple "if Scene 1 for 30s then switch to Scene 2".
Scene 2 to Scene 3 and
Scene 3 to 1 again.

It works from Scene 1 to 2 and then it Stops. Sometimes it works from Scene 3 to 1 and then stops. There doesn't seem to be a logical pattern.

For debugging I enabled the option to "mark met conditions green" and they are marked green, but the scene doesn't switch.

Can you screenshot your settings? That's more useful than the machine-readable export string.

Just as a guess, without seeing that yet, I wonder if you have a macro that's triggering too often. So everything works...it's just getting overridden.

Lantecer

Can you screenshot your settings? That's more useful than the machine-readable export string.

Just as a guess, without seeing that yet, I wonder if you have a macro that's triggering too often. So everything works...it's just getting overridden.
Yes sure, I will do that tomorrow evening because it is on a PC in our training facility.

What I experimented with were the settings for "Run parallel makros" and "Perform actions only on condition change" but that didn't seem to change anything.

For now I can provide you these example screenshots from my home-setup just to get a clue what it is like:

1729184465123.png1729184476853.png1729184503334.png

bcoyle

Scene 2 to Scene 3 and
Scene 3 to 1 again.

Hi, sorry no answer for your problem, and I hope i"m not being too nosy, I love to learn from other people, but what is the purpose of cycling thru 3 scenes?

AaronD

Yes sure, I will do that tomorrow evening because it is on a PC in our training facility.

What I experimented with were the settings for "Run parallel makros" and "Perform actions only on condition change" but that didn't seem to change anything.

For now I can provide you these example screenshots from my home-setup just to get a clue what it is like:

View attachment 108592View attachment 108593View attachment 108594
Unless there's a reason to do otherwise, I would always check the "only on change" box. Not checked, means that it runs again on every scan as long as the condition remains true. In your case, it doesn't really matter because all three macros kill their own conditions anyway, but it's a good habit to get into.

For running in parallel, I've recently started doing that by default as well, because of some timing issues, especially when I run them manually with the dockable buttons.
  • Not in parallel, locks up the user interface until the macro is completely finished (when triggered by the dock, at least), and causes OBS to schedule some of its own responses to happen afterwards too, which can override some of what I wanted the macro to do.
  • Running in parallel, lets the GUI thread come back immediately and continue to respond while the macro runs, and allows OBS to do its automatic stuff immediately, that the same macro can then wait for and override like I want it to.
More details in this post:

Last edited: