Advanced Scene Switcher

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.27.2

Rozenman

Thanks for reporting the crash!

A build with a fix will be available here in a few minutes:

Note that you have to be logged into GitHub to be able to download it.
Let me know if that should be an issue.
Dear Warmuptill,
For some reason I can't download the file - there is only text, and I can't find the link.

Warmuptill

Dear Warmuptill,
For some reason I can't download the file - there is only text, and I can't find the link.
You will have to be logged into GitHub to be able to download the build.
Otherwise the option to download the build is not visible.
1726506129655.png

Let me know if that should be an issue.

sgort87

Hello! Just got your reply on the review page. Sorry I didn't see this discussion area, but you definitely deserve the 5-star I put in for this. <3

Anyway, I do see that the output level of Audio sources is available as a Condition, however I'm looking to use the Mute State instead (the red X/speaker symbol button). I like this source to stay visible and active, but usually mute it going out to stream. What I'd like to do in particular is to mute this automatically when switching to an Away scene, and unmuting when returning to an Active scene, but only if it was previously unmuted. I can't simply use the volume level, as I'd like to fully disregard what's going on with the volume slider position and signal level for this functionality. I have other sources that will be using this as well, which additionally have audio monitoring output filters, so using source visibility isn't possible or practical either.
1726517472900.png
1726517429398.png

Thank you so much for your help!

Attachments

• 1726517418850.png
    1726517418850.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 1726517446515.png
    1726517446515.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 1

AaronD

@Warmuptill
It appears that the new Ubuntu 24.04 LTS isn't quite ready for you yet. Specifically, it doesn't like OpenCV:
Code:
true-light@true-light-projection:~$ sudo apt install /home/true-light/Downloads/advanced-scene-switcher-1.27.2-x86_64-linux-gnu.deb
[sudo] password for true-light:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
Note, selecting 'advanced-scene-switcher' instead of '/home/true-light/Downloads/advanced-scene-switcher-1.27.2-x86_64-linux-gnu.deb'
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 advanced-scene-switcher : Depends: libopencv-core4.5d (>= 4.5.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
                           Depends: libopencv-imgproc4.5d (>= 4.5.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
                           Depends: libopencv-objdetect4.5d (>= 4.5.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
true-light@true-light-projection:~$
Code:
Operating System: Ubuntu Studio 24.04
KDE Plasma Version: 5.27.11
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.115.0
Qt Version: 5.15.13
Kernel Version: 6.8.0-45-lowlatency (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11
Processors: 4 × AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 960T Processor
Memory: 7.8 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: AMD JUNIPER
Manufacturer: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO.,LTD
Product Name: MS-7576
System Version: 1.0
I know it's an older machine that probably can't encode video (no streaming or recording), but I'm using it just for the full-screen projector to an audience. I think it'll do that.

So far, I only need Adv. SS to fade audio sources in and out based on scene transitions. I don't need OpenCV at all. If it's easier to not have that functionality (double the number of installers?), then that's fine with me, but it gets to be a mess in a hurry to have a bunch of those options.

Alternately, how can I install that dependency? A "dummy package" that technically satisfies it but does nothing when used, might work...or it might cause other problems down the road.

Or, maybe not have that formal dependency, but check at runtime and disable the functions if not present. That might be the smoothest option for the user, along with a disable-able popup or other ignore-able message to that effect, and perhaps even offer to install it automatically...

Last edited:

Warmuptill

Hello! Just got your reply on the review page. Sorry I didn't see this discussion area, but you definitely deserve the 5-star I put in for this. <3

Anyway, I do see that the output level of Audio sources is available as a Condition, however I'm looking to use the Mute State instead (the red X/speaker symbol button). I like this source to stay visible and active, but usually mute it going out to stream. What I'd like to do in particular is to mute this automatically when switching to an Away scene, and unmuting when returning to an Active scene, but only if it was previously unmuted. I can't simply use the volume level, as I'd like to fully disregard what's going on with the volume slider position and signal level for this functionality. I have other sources that will be using this as well, which additionally have audio monitoring output filters, so using source visibility isn't possible or practical either.
View attachment 107812View attachment 107810
Thank you so much for your help!
You can check whether a source is muted or unmuted using the "Audio" condition type.
1726595807292.png

Sorry if I am still misunderstanding your request.

@Warmuptill
It appears that the new Ubuntu 24.04 LTS isn't quite ready for you yet. Specifically, it doesn't like OpenCV:
Code:
true-light@true-light-projection:~$ sudo apt install /home/true-light/Downloads/advanced-scene-switcher-1.27.2-x86_64-linux-gnu.deb
Note, selecting 'advanced-scene-switcher' instead of '/home/true-light/Downloads/advanced-scene-switcher-1.27.2-x86_64-linux-gnu.deb'
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

advanced-scene-switcher : Depends: libopencv-core4.5d (>= 4.5.4+dfsg) but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
Code:
Operating System: Ubuntu Studio 24.04
KDE Plasma Version: 5.27.11
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.115.0
Qt Version: 5.15.13
Kernel Version: 6.8.0-45-lowlatency (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11
Processors: 4 × AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 960T Processor
Memory: 7.8 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: AMD JUNIPER
Manufacturer: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO.,LTD
Product Name: MS-7576
System Version: 1.0
I know it's an older machine that probably can't encode video (no streaming or recording), but I'm using it just for the full-screen projector to an audience. I think it'll do that.

So far, I only need Adv. SS to fade audio sources in and out based on scene transitions. I don't need OpenCV at all. If it's easier to not have that functionality (double the number of installers?), then that's fine with me, but it gets to be a mess in a hurry to have a bunch of those options.

Alternately, how can I install that dependency? A "dummy package" that technically satisfies it but does nothing when used, might work...or it might cause other problems down the road.

Or, maybe not have that formal dependency, but check at runtime and disable the functions if not present. That might be the smoothest option for the user, along with a disable-able popup or other ignore-able message to that effect, and perhaps even offer to install it automatically...
I am not sure if installing a binary built for Ubuntu 22 on Ubuntu 24 will work, but after some googling it seems like you can force install packages with dpkg --force-all -i <path-to-deb>.

AaronD

I am not sure if installing a binary built for Ubuntu 22 on Ubuntu 24 will work, but after some googling it seems like you can force install packages with dpkg --force-all -i <path-to-deb>.
Yes, that worked, and Adv. SS runs now. Says it can't load the opencv plugin, but that's expected.
Code:
true-light@true-light-projection:~$ sudo dpkg --force-all -i /home/true-light/Downloads/advanced-scene-switcher-1.27.2-x86_64-linux-gnu.deb
Selecting previously unselected package advanced-scene-switcher.
(Reading database ... 455078 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../advanced-scene-switcher-1.27.2-x86_64-linux-gnu.deb ...
Unpacking advanced-scene-switcher (1.27.2) ...
dpkg: advanced-scene-switcher: dependency problems, but configuring anyway as you requested:
 advanced-scene-switcher depends on libopencv-core4.5d (>= 4.5.4+dfsg); however:
  Package libopencv-core4.5d is not installed.
 advanced-scene-switcher depends on libopencv-imgproc4.5d (>= 4.5.4+dfsg); however:
  Package libopencv-imgproc4.5d is not installed.
 advanced-scene-switcher depends on libopencv-objdetect4.5d (>= 4.5.4+dfsg); however:
  Package libopencv-objdetect4.5d is not installed.

Setting up advanced-scene-switcher (1.27.2) ...
But now the normal system update seems to get hung up on that, and not want to continue:
Code:
true-light@true-light-projection:~$ sudo apt full-upgrade
You might want to run 'apt --fix-broken install' to correct these.
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt --fix-broken install' with no packages (or specify a solution).
true-light@true-light-projection:~$ sudo apt --fix-broken install
Correcting dependencies... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  advanced-scene-switcher
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 2 not upgraded.
After this operation, 58.3 MB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n
Abort.

Warmuptill

Yes, that worked, and Adv. SS runs now. Says it can't load the opencv plugin, but that's expected.
Code:
true-light@true-light-projection:~$ sudo dpkg --force-all -i /home/true-light/Downloads/advanced-scene-switcher-1.27.2-x86_64-linux-gnu.deb
Selecting previously unselected package advanced-scene-switcher.
(Reading database ... 455078 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../advanced-scene-switcher-1.27.2-x86_64-linux-gnu.deb ...
Unpacking advanced-scene-switcher (1.27.2) ...
dpkg: advanced-scene-switcher: dependency problems, but configuring anyway as you requested:
 advanced-scene-switcher depends on libopencv-core4.5d (>= 4.5.4+dfsg); however:
  Package libopencv-core4.5d is not installed.
 advanced-scene-switcher depends on libopencv-imgproc4.5d (>= 4.5.4+dfsg); however:
  Package libopencv-imgproc4.5d is not installed.
 advanced-scene-switcher depends on libopencv-objdetect4.5d (>= 4.5.4+dfsg); however:
  Package libopencv-objdetect4.5d is not installed.

Setting up advanced-scene-switcher (1.27.2) ...
But now the normal system update seems to get hung up on that, and not want to continue:
Code:
true-light@true-light-projection:~$ sudo apt full-upgrade
You might want to run 'apt --fix-broken install' to correct these.
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt --fix-broken install' with no packages (or specify a solution).
true-light@true-light-projection:~$ sudo apt --fix-broken install
Correcting dependencies... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  advanced-scene-switcher
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 2 not upgraded.
After this operation, 58.3 MB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n
Abort.
While not ideal you could always put the binaries in place manually.
The files should be contained in "advanced-scene-switcher-1.27.2-x86_64-linux-gnu.tar.xz".

AaronD

While not ideal you could always put the binaries in place manually.
The files should be contained in "advanced-scene-switcher-1.27.2-x86_64-linux-gnu.tar.xz".
Sorry, I've forgotten where things go anymore. The deb is just too easy. :-)

Previous versions, remembering from several years ago, came with instructions inside the tarball. Maybe you could bring that back?
Thanks!

AaronD

Previous versions, remembering from several years ago, came with instructions inside the tarball. Maybe you could bring that back?
Thanks!
Looks like the last version to do that was 1.17.7, released on Jun 12, 2022, and it's also the last to not have a deb yet.

Unfortunately, the folder structure back then was different from modern OBS and modern Adv. SS. A different plugin - Downstream Keyer - still uses the old structure, and if I create that structure, it still works, but Adv. SS uses the new one that I'm not familiar with.

sgort87

You can check whether a source is muted or unmuted using the "Audio" condition type.
View attachment 107849

Sorry if I am still misunderstanding your request.

Oooohhh! I guess I hadn't looked in that dropdown because I wouldn't consider it a volume level attribute, but instead, a separate condition type of its own. That's all fine though, now that I know it's there. Thank you so much!