Source Record

Source Record 0.3.2

This could be very cool. I'm having an issue where the audio does not record & every time I hit "stop recording" the cams will freeze, the audio claims to still be going through the meters & OBS is frozen as well. When I close force close OBS the files will have saved but, alas, no audio. I am using the newest version & can upload the log files if the creator of this would like to help out.
Was hoping to get a native mac compile
This is really not a selective recording replacement Streamlabs has, for anyone interested. And since there's all that dirty laundry being aired out about Streamlabs, I was hoping to find a good replacement for Streamlabs but this plug-in doesn't do enough to replace that and I'm forced to simply open two OBS instances for now which I've wanted to avoid.

Main problems:
- Crashing. It caused OBS to just suddenly become so incredibly unstable and I would have to toggle it off after I finished recording. Every time I would reopen OBS, it would crash instantly and trying to toggle off Source Record was a massive chore. It became such a hassle to fix this problem.
- Cannot record multiple sources at the same time at an acceptable quality. If you try to apply the filter over a group/folder of sources so you can just record them all, the video framerate drops and it looks so incredibly terrible. This is the biggest problem I have because I want to record more than one source at a time while still getting rid some other overlays.

Recording one source at a time is fine, and if you only need that then this plug-in works. But I can't recommend this plug-in at all if you want the same type of selective recording Streamlabs has, which is the biggest unironic positive over OBS and this plug-in. I'm willing to walk this all back if there are improvements, but I have never felt more frustration and anger at stuff not going right than now. I just hope there's an official implementation of selective recording some time in the future.
I am using version 0.2.6 now, but it has a problem!
OBS will not open if the plug-in is not closed after each use.
I must manually find the plug-in path and delete it.
OBS can run normally.
I saw this comment earlier so I copy & pasted it because I'm experiencing similar issues. Really interested to see if I'm doing anything wrong that might be causing this.

"I'm encountering a problem where the length of the recordings do not sync up. The original has the full duration, but the source recordings are both shorter. The footage looks sped up and the audio is desynced because of it. I've tried using Software encoder, as well as x264 encoder, with the exact same settings across all recordings, but nothing seems to fix the issue.

I also have been experiencing a similar issue when it comes to replay buffer recordings, as well as an odd bug where sometimes it will only capture 1 (or sometimes none) of the source recordings. The times it does capture all of them during replay buffer recordings, the duration of all of the recording are always completely different from each other."
Have been using this plugin for a while now to record my webcam and then my desktop separate but recently it seems to not want to record multiple sources into their own file. It will only record one source and seem to just ignore the other. Any suggesting on what the cause could be?
First off i would like to say thankyou for this plugin!

After doing some testing I would like to make a suggestion to pause the source recording when you pause the recording "Main", If the normal recording is paused the source recording keeps going in which can make de-syncing issues but overall thankyou for this plugin! hopefully you can integrate it into the main OBS Studio.
Really neat concept but doesn't work.

I'm encountering a problem where the length of the recordings do not sync up. The original has the full duration, but the source recordings are both shorter. The footage looks sped up and the audio is desynced because of it. I've tried using Software encoder, as well as x264 encoder, with the exact same settings across all recordings, but nothing seems to fix the issue.

I also have been experiencing a similar issue when it comes to replay buffer recordings, as well as an odd bug where sometimes it will only capture 1 (or sometimes none) of the source recordings. The times it does capture all of them during replay buffer recordings, the duration of all of the recording are always completely different from each other.
Great plugin, I do have an issue with recording a different audio source becoming delayed. Any idea what may cause this?
Awesome plugin, great work!
this is the only (working) solution i found on internet to record seperated sources... excelent job... PLEASE, GIVE SUPPORT FOR PRISM LIVE
Just the plugin I want! But the obs can't be opened again if I didn't delete this plugin before I close the obs,
Fantastic Plugin!! Only missing two key features that would make this a must have for every OBS user wanting this type of functionality. The ability for the recordings to support multi track audio recording as well as the ability for the recordings and the replay buffer clips to be optionally auto remuxed to MP4 when recording in MKV these features would just add that cherry on top to an already incredibly useful plugin.
great plugin, but with this new version I'm having an issue with audio, I selected different audio and my capture card audio, but instead of capturing only the card audio, it captures all my pc audio, even my microphone...
Great plugin that allows me to record clean gameplay from my stream. Only issue I have is that it doesn't support multiple track audio recording. If this feature was added, it'd be even better!
Thank you for this Plugin.
This add-on is exactly what I need.

Works somewhat well at first but after a couple hours, it starts taking over the GPU. Installing it sets to GPU encoding via nvenc, even though beforehand it's set to software x264 low cpu mode, and I can't change it because it says output is active. Also, when I close OBS, it freezes, and performance becomes a bit too low to play VR.

I would love to use this add-on in the future if the bugs and other issues are fixed. I suggest adding the ability to segment the recordings so if OBS crashes after x minutes, you still have a bunch of video files already backed up. I personally would like my recordings to be under 50 minutes so they can easily be scrubbed later.
So I currently also have the problem that the plugin does not record the single source where the filter is active, but the whole scene. I have also made the test that I put the filter on a whole scene and then activate another scene. Again, it records the active scene. I think your plugin in is currently not working correctly.
Exeldro
Exeldro
Are you using as encoder nvenc new? because that is a known issue stated on the plugin page and the forum thread, try using an other encoder. If that is not the issue can you please provide me more information about the settings and setup your are using.
It worked until I added the GoXLR mini to my system.

Now, the second I add "Source Record" filter to any source, the Music channel starts glitching and goes silent. Removing the Source Record filter or exiting OBS fixes the problem. Or even if I toggle visibility of the plugin ("eye" icon) my music cuts in/out.

I've tried the "Different audio track" option with all possible values and same results, same with hardware/software encoding. The second I add the plugin my audio gets messed up.

AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
RTX 3060
GoXLR Mini
Mackie PRoFX10v3

Log: https://pastebin.com/GmkrV86u
Exeldro
Exeldro
For audio issues see the known issues and use different audio and select an audio track.
It's good when it works, but when i set up multiple sources in different scenes. Like, i have an elgato scene and i have an pc game capture scene. When starting a stream, both those scenes are being recorded. It has also crashed my OBS up to several times. As of now, i can't use it. It records my webcam just fine, but not the gamesources. It didn't even help to disable and even remove the filter from Elgato scene. It still would record that, but then WITH overlays and webcam. Can't wait until it gets better. This is exactly what i need :D
Please let me know where i should post the logfiles, if wanted.