Background Removal / Virtual Green-screen & Low-Light Enhance

Background Removal / Virtual Green-screen & Low-Light Enhance v1.1.13

Unfortunately, it doesn't work at all for me. Just crashes OBS when I try to select it. I'm using Linux if that means anything. Disappointing.
It works but there are some points that should be fixed.
1. On a low end machine with 6GB ramit destroys the stream, it is laggy
2. On my High end machine (i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GH with 16GB) the touchpad stops responding in OBS. I am running windows 11. When using a normal mouse it wil work
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for helping me break my dependence on ChromaCam and their 30fps limit...

Grabbed a logitech brio and the logitech litra glow and the background removal works fantastic.

I will say that in low-light situations the background removal will struggle. But that is going to be the same for any virtual background... Do yourself a favor, grab a diffused light source and help your camera out... you'll be surprised at the difference it makes.

I live in an apartment in queens and a physical green screen is not an option. Thank you royshilkrot, and also, f*ck chromacam...
Awesome!! Love it!
not perfect..

Reasons:
1. I don't know how, but most Video meeting Software does it better (Developers here wont have a professional Budget and Team - I am just objective). "Xsplit Vcam" in the free model has better BG removal, but it is limited to 720p and has a very present watermark.

2. with activated BG Removal, my CPU monitor inside OBS raises from 9% to 63% with "calculate mask every" 1 Frame, or 54% with every second frame.

3. Also, my webcam seems to loose FPS if BG Removal is activated.

I use:
LG 920C Webcam with OBS 27.2.1 64-bit.
I'm loving the plugin, however, it is randomly causing OBS to crash. If I remove the plugin, I get no crashes. Put it back, and I'll get crashes. Sometimes often other times only occasionally. I'm running Monteray on an iMac (2015). It generates a crash report but I've no idea where to send it.
Hi there. Works pretty well for me. Can confirm the CPU usage, but not a real issue imo.
However I'm struggling with one thing: Since it's a video filter, I can only apply it directly to the camera source. This means once I've applied it, it's applied to all the copies of the camera source too. Since I would like to use the camera in another scene, but without the background removal, I'm running into an issue here. Applying the filter to a group or a scene doesn't work, since that only allows for effect filters. Do you have any suggestion on how to bypass this? Thank you very much!
it doesn't work on MacOS Ventura 13.5.2, can you fix it please?
royshilkrot
royshilkrot
Hi! I'm sorry this is working out of the box - do you want to open an issue so we can investigate? https://github.com/obs-ai/obs-backgroundremoval/isssues
Doesn't even work... and it goes into the effects filters when it should go into audio/video filters, and where is the colour key for it
royshilkrot
royshilkrot
Hi! I'm sorry the experience you got isn't perfect. We can help! For your usage issues please open an issue so we can track and discuss a solution https://github.com/obs-ai/obs-backgroundremoval/issues
I installed the plugin, but it only adds the background removal to Effect Filters, but not Audio/Video Filters. I have a Windows 10. Am I missing something?
royshilkrot
royshilkrot
Thanks for trying our plugin!
Unfortunately Audio/Video filter is impossible in the particular case of our plugin, but the effect filter works beautifully. I hope that can be useful for you.