Background Removal / Virtual Green-screen & Low-Light Enhance

Background Removal / Virtual Green-screen & Low-Light Enhance v1.1.12

excelent plugin version
I sponsored Roy Shilkrot today with a few $. Won't make a difference in his life, maybe keeps the Fish in his Aquarium happy for a few month. However, I appreciate the work and as such it should be valued. Unfortunately I am not able to do the same for everyone.
Adding the blur was awsome! Of course removing the background without a real chroma key is still insane! Great work!
its not perfect, but does its job with good result. I use just for fun with friends :D
royshilkrot
royshilkrot
Please let me know how to make it better!
I can't open it in both of my Macs. After I download it, it downloads to a folder so when I ask to unzip in Terminal it can't locate the file. When I manually copy it to Applications/OBS.app/Contents, the program doesn't recognize the file. It doesn't show up when click on the "+" sign to choose the program. I don't know why this isn't showing up. I ran it running Big Sur and Catalina
the plugin helped me for my videos and my calls is fine the excellent plugin
No more Chroma is truly awsome. Next thing on my wish list is the CPU usage. I realize that would be difficult. Also, please review the links to point to 5.15 instead of the (Linux wise flawed) 5.14.
I use this everyday for my webcam video in my Microsoft Teams meetings. I combine this with a looping video of a nature scene behind me to definitively have the best background than my coworkers haha

Utilizing the GPU on my Windows PC means that this does not strain my PC while also using the resource hog, that is, Microsoft Teams.
Roy, I think the software is fantastic. Providing multiple segmentation models is really cool. The Feather blend silhouette parameter is EPIC, but it continued to crash OBS on my system. The plugin would be perfect if you could figure out how to get that parameter not to cause a crash. The name "Background Removal" would be more accurate if you could apply the chroma key filter within your plugin. I realize this suggestion is easy to say and difficult to make a reality.
There is no Segmentation model choice on macOS, at least not on macOS 10.15.7, so the better mask generation models are not available. Whatever model is being used is terrible and results in a very rapidly moving mask that is unusable because it is so ugly.
It works great. But it also uses 40% CPU. When switch to GPU it still uses 40% cpu. Turn it off and obs cpu usage goes to 3%.
The results were WAY to noisy for me, with the segmentation edges constantly fluctuation in a way that is distracting. It would be helpful if this was combined with a chroma key removal in a single filter, as it could apply a mix of settings to different parts of the image: strong chroma key on the background segment, more spill reduction in the foreground, etc. But as this plugin simply recolors the affected area, it ends up cutting off things that I don't want it to cut off and completely borking edges in a way that traditional chroma key handles more gracefully.
In the portable version, you cannot call plugins. Any solution?
Wonderful plugin ... when it works. But it crashes OBS my Mac (both the release version and the candidate) when used together with e.g. a window capture device.
There is no "background color" in the options, I can not change the background color, can a friend tell me what is the reason?
royshilkrot
royshilkrot
We removed the background color option to make the plugin simpler - now with transparency instead you can put whatever background you want from another source. We added a built-in "blur background" option, similar to what you have in other applications like Zoom, Teams or Meet.
There might be room for improvement (e.g. CPU load). I used MS Teams Meeting to create green background and captured screen with Chroma Key filter. This workaround consumed more resources and the result was only slightly better.
=>it might not be perfect but it's almost on the level of the feature from Microsoft -> clearly Excellent:)
Looks pretty good and does an ok job.
However, my CPU usage skyrockets to 90% and my whole PC is throttling, which makes it impossible to stream video games.
This plugin would be awesome if this issue got fixed.
It works goot, but it's not usable. The CPU (Intel I9-9900K) rises from around 2% to around 40%. The rendering time rises from 0,7-1ms to arond 130ms and the FPS dropping from 60fps to around 7-8fps.
The result with this plug is fine, but with an fps drop from 60fps to around 7-8fps means, that it is not usable acually.
Love it! Works like a charm
This plugin unfortunately doesn't support newer Macs ie: Mac Silicon M1