Background Removal / Virtual Green-screen & Low-Light Enhance

Background Removal / Virtual Green-screen & Low-Light Enhance v1.1.12

excelent plugin version
the plugin helped me for my videos and my calls is fine the excellent plugin
Adding the blur was awsome! Of course removing the background without a real chroma key is still insane! Great work!
I use this everyday for my webcam video in my Microsoft Teams meetings. I combine this with a looping video of a nature scene behind me to definitively have the best background than my coworkers haha

Utilizing the GPU on my Windows PC means that this does not strain my PC while also using the resource hog, that is, Microsoft Teams.
Roy, I think the software is fantastic. Providing multiple segmentation models is really cool. The Feather blend silhouette parameter is EPIC, but it continued to crash OBS on my system. The plugin would be perfect if you could figure out how to get that parameter not to cause a crash. The name "Background Removal" would be more accurate if you could apply the chroma key filter within your plugin. I realize this suggestion is easy to say and difficult to make a reality.
In the portable version, you cannot call plugins. Any solution?
There is no "background color" in the options, I can not change the background color, can a friend tell me what is the reason?
royshilkrot
royshilkrot
We removed the background color option to make the plugin simpler - now with transparency instead you can put whatever background you want from another source. We added a built-in "blur background" option, similar to what you have in other applications like Zoom, Teams or Meet.
There might be room for improvement (e.g. CPU load). I used MS Teams Meeting to create green background and captured screen with Chroma Key filter. This workaround consumed more resources and the result was only slightly better.
=>it might not be perfect but it's almost on the level of the feature from Microsoft -> clearly Excellent:)
Love it! Works like a charm
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for helping me break my dependence on ChromaCam and their 30fps limit...

Grabbed a logitech brio and the logitech litra glow and the background removal works fantastic.

I will say that in low-light situations the background removal will struggle. But that is going to be the same for any virtual background... Do yourself a favor, grab a diffused light source and help your camera out... you'll be surprised at the difference it makes.

I live in an apartment in queens and a physical green screen is not an option. Thank you royshilkrot, and also, f*ck chromacam...
Awesome!! Love it!
Hi there. Works pretty well for me. Can confirm the CPU usage, but not a real issue imo.
However I'm struggling with one thing: Since it's a video filter, I can only apply it directly to the camera source. This means once I've applied it, it's applied to all the copies of the camera source too. Since I would like to use the camera in another scene, but without the background removal, I'm running into an issue here. Applying the filter to a group or a scene doesn't work, since that only allows for effect filters. Do you have any suggestion on how to bypass this? Thank you very much!
I sponsored Roy Shilkrot today with a few $. Won't make a difference in his life, maybe keeps the Fish in his Aquarium happy for a few month. However, I appreciate the work and as such it should be valued. Unfortunately I am not able to do the same for everyone.
No more Chroma is truly awsome. Next thing on my wish list is the CPU usage. I realize that would be difficult. Also, please review the links to point to 5.15 instead of the (Linux wise flawed) 5.14.
its not perfect, but does its job with good result. I use just for fun with friends :D
royshilkrot
royshilkrot
Please let me know how to make it better!
Looks pretty good and does an ok job.
However, my CPU usage skyrockets to 90% and my whole PC is throttling, which makes it impossible to stream video games.
This plugin would be awesome if this issue got fixed.
It works great. But it also uses 40% CPU. When switch to GPU it still uses 40% cpu. Turn it off and obs cpu usage goes to 3%.
It works goot, but it's not usable. The CPU (Intel I9-9900K) rises from around 2% to around 40%. The rendering time rises from 0,7-1ms to arond 130ms and the FPS dropping from 60fps to around 7-8fps.
The result with this plug is fine, but with an fps drop from 60fps to around 7-8fps means, that it is not usable acually.
This plugin unfortunately doesn't support newer Macs ie: Mac Silicon M1
It works but there are some points that should be fixed.
1. On a low end machine with 6GB ramit destroys the stream, it is laggy
2. On my High end machine (i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GH with 16GB) the touchpad stops responding in OBS. I am running windows 11. When using a normal mouse it wil work