Resource icon

Zoom and Follow 0.1.0

Reaperz

so I have the zoom and follow script enabled and working fantastically on one of my monitors. The issue is that even if I duplicate and rename the script for other sources the second script will just give me a script log pop up and tell me syntax error. Is there something I am missing?

Geefbird

I have an issue where I have everything installed correctly but when I try to start OBS it says "Script Error Log" Zoom_and_Follow.py module not found"

and zoom and follow therefore has no settings, hotkeys, and does not function.

Videobuff

Unfortunately not errors I’ve seen and I dont know enough about them to try and resolve. The dev is pretty good at helping out, as are some others, so hopefully they might be of more help to you shortly.

Geefbird

I have an issue where I have everything installed correctly but when I try to start OBS it says "Script Error Log" Zoom_and_Follow.py module not found"

1662469127307.png
just to give the exact error

Geefbird

I got my issue resolved, but now it only zooms and does not follow. Going to look around and see if I can find a fix

Gitago

I tried lots of things and it just keeps minimizing the obs source to nothing instead of zooming it in..
Then when I adjust set manual override on monitor and the zoom width/height to be more than the size of the monitor it starts glitching out.

This one "works" if i set the zoom width/height less than the actual window size but the result is less than appealing with half the screen being uncovered due to it lowering the size of the source and no real 'zooming' is happening at this point but the it does follow my mouse
1662823195356.png

Geefbird

I tried lots of things and it just keeps minimizing the obs source to nothing instead of zooming it in..
Then when I adjust set manual override on monitor and the zoom width/height to be more than the size of the monitor it starts glitching out.

This one "works" if i set the zoom width/height less than the actual window size but the result is less than appealing with half the screen being uncovered due to it lowering the size of the source and no real 'zooming' is happening at this point but the it does follow my mouse
View attachment 86466
When it minimizes the source you are zooming on, right click the minimized box, go to transform, and fit to screen. That is what I did and it has worked ever since.

Alex_S

Hello To the Forum,

I am new and not very good in IT or programming things.

But I have an issue as well with the script of the mouse zoom and following.

I have installed python. It is on version 3.6.8
For that I did first: python -m pip install pynput
Worked well no errors.
Then I did: python -m pip install screeninfo
Work well too. No errors.

I downloaded the zip file from github and extracted it to my C: folder.
I opened OBS went to scripts. I added "mouse zoom and follow".
When I do that I get a message:

[zoom_and_follow_mouse.py] Source update
[zoom_and_follow_mouse.py] Source Name: Bildschirmaufnahme
[zoom_and_follow_mouse.py] Traceback (most recent call last):
[zoom_and_follow_mouse.py] File "C:/Program Files/obs-zoom-and-follow-master\zoom_and_follow_mouse.py", line 797, in script_save
[zoom_and_follow_mouse.py] hotkey_save_array = obs.obs_hotkey_save(zoom_id_tog)
[zoom_and_follow_mouse.py] TypeError: in method 'obs_hotkey_save', argument 1 of type 'obs_hotkey_id'
[zoom_and_follow_mouse.py] File "C:/Program Files/obs-zoom-and-follow-master\zoom_and_follow_mouse.py", line 770, in script_load
[zoom_and_follow_mouse.py] [source, source_type] = load_settings['source'].split("||")
[zoom_and_follow_mouse.py] KeyError: 'source'
[zoom_and_follow_mouse.py] Updating Source List
[zoom_and_follow_mouse.py] New source: True
[zoom_and_follow_mouse.py] Updating Monitor List
[zoom_and_follow_mouse.py] Monitor override list updated
[zoom_and_follow_mouse.py] Updating Source List
[zoom_and_follow_mouse.py] New source: True
[zoom_and_follow_mouse.py] Updating Monitor List
[zoom_and_follow_mouse.py] Monitor override list updated
To me it looks good so far.

But when I go to the settings and Hotkeys, I cannot find anything related to the script.
But instead I get an error message and now I don't know what to do:

[zoom_and_follow_mouse.py] File "C:/Program Files/obs-zoom-and-follow-master\zoom_and_follow_mouse.py", line 797, in script_save
[zoom_and_follow_mouse.py] hotkey_save_array = obs.obs_hotkey_save(zoom_id_tog)
[zoom_and_follow_mouse.py] TypeError: in method 'obs_hotkey_save', argument 1 of type 'obs_hotkey_id'

If it helps, I work with OBS 27.2.4 (64-bit, windows)

When I close OBS it crashes and gives the error message enclosed in the png.

Does anyone knows what I can do to fix this?

Thank you so much for your help.

Attachments

• 1663409212123.png
    1663409212123.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 36
I’ve asked before — still hoping to see a way set up maybe 2 or 3 zoom “levels”, and be able use a hotkey to switch from to another, as opposed to a simple toggle of “zoom in/zoom out”.

Case Scenario:

Hotkey1:
Zoom from 100% to Level1 (say, = to 150%)

Hotkey1 pressed again:
Zoom from 150% to Level2 (say, = to 175%)

Hotkey1 pressed again:
Zoom from 175% to Level3 (say, = to 200%)

Hotkey1 + CTRL:
Zoom out one level from current level.

The point is to be able to zoom in, in steps, using the same hotkey, and zoom out, in steps, using the same hotkey w/modifier.

Also, with pan/folllow on, teach level should still “follow” the mouse cursor position.

Make sense?

Doable?

Can I help?

I had (what I think was a similar challange) and somehow I got lucky and got the thing to work.
Then I installed on the other computer in the studio -- being careful to mind what ACTUALLY worked. I'm forced into this technical role, however, I really think that it only installed when I left OBS running for one of the steps. Sadly, my notes were shoddy and I cannot tell you which step.

OK I have a totally stupid issue that I have not figured out the mistake I am making.
First I'm doing it 'wrong' with Display Capture for a PDF with my monitor in 'Portrait mode' and I need to display only a portion of the monitor. This is the "production" computer, (with OBS on the top ((so the instructor knows what is being shared)) and the pdf in a browser at the bottom portion of the Monitor (or desktop if you will) .
explorer_tyP69mVuG9.jpg

Here is what is being shared with the other 'Main OBS' Computer (with NDI). Yes, silly to have two, but we both have the exact same monitors, but with mouse and keyboard to one computer.
818e7ltTAN.jpg

I think
1. I am not grasping what happens between the 'two sets' of Edit Transform Settings. or
2. I have some setting so far off that I dont have a chance at getting it right.
3. This might need some dev time to do what I am asking (im willing to support the effort if this is the case)
4. Something else?

Esentially, when I have the PDF at 100% it's in the right place in the screen -- but then the 'zoomed' in view is in the wrong place, or rather the bounds change and the image is no longer in view...

Main OBS View: with 100% positioned nicely..
obs64_YSLkYmdr6l.jpg

Zoomed in View:
is not terrible, and I candidly don't know how I pulled this off to get it so close. I would like to set the boundaries on the monitor, so that the other instructor arn't able to scroll past the browser limits at the top and bottom and show the students anything except the book we are teaching... (ie red box stuff in this pic) .
NWcwMePzy1.jpg

I can see that the Script settings effect the Edit Transform Settings, and I understand that there is a difference between the adjustments between the Bounding Box Size using the alt key and if the bounding Box Type is being used, but the concept is new to me and a bit murky stil. I'll buy someone a steak the size of a toilet seat if they can help me get this right..

Here is my other settings..

Edit Transform with zoom off
obs64_RrogyC9cEn.jpg

Edit transform with zoom on
obs64_Aq49SIlbii.jpg

And my Script settings
obs64_SVnNcwbZqd.jpg

oh and here is a link to a video that explains the edit transform settings very well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XA1iGHnZlg&t=202s

and here is some context of why I chose to use this plugin... I'm open to suggestions, or helping anyone accomplish the parts that we got right..

Current Two Person Greenscreen setup.
Telegram_Sx8cd9VjaS.jpg

upswinglife

Hello,

what can be the reason for the follow not working (just a quick zoom in to the top left)? The settings are correct. I installed Python 3.6 (portable version).
Thanks in advance.

upswinglife

I had the idea that probably the portable version of python could cause some issues, so I installed Python 3.6.8. regularly but now get the following:
Unbenannt.PNG

Reaperz

Ive been using the zoom and follow for a 2 monitor setup for awhile. I just purchased 2 more monitors..
Now the issue im having is that my displays are capturing correctly. its zooming in on the correct screen but its using the other monitor as the mouse follow. so now im forced to zoom in and then go back to the other monitor to move it around the screen.

Any insight on this?