Question / Help YouTube music audio is too loud to viewers

OGSirBe

Hello,

I've been streaming for roughly 5 years and have usually been able to troubleshoot my own issues with a simple Google search or some tinkering of my own. This current issue has left me stumped. I recently set up a NDI plugin with two PCs and aside from some microphone and camera audio sync, which I've resolved, I didn't notice anything off or wrong until recently. My wife and I had our first child and so I haven't had as much time as I'm used to. Therefore, I cannot do a ton of troubleshooting on my own to attempt to fix the situation.

So the issue is, my YouTube Music audio is way too loud for my viewers. I use YouTube music for background music and even when I turn the slider as low as I can, the music still sounds like it's on really loud. On my end, I don't see the audio mixer showing loud audio which is strange. The OBS on my gaming PC is pushing out individual audio channels to my streaming PC. So on my streaming PC I have a mixer for m desktop audio and a mixer for my microphone audio. Below is a link to my recent stream where my YouTube Music is turned down to essentially a 1, but you can still hear that it is relatively loud. (Yes, I know that most of my VoDs have muted content, so I copied the link to a non muted section,I apologize)

Any help or advice or troubleshooting tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

koala

Audio from Youtube is going through several modules, which all may have some kind of volume slider.
Youtube is playing in the youtube player. The Youtube player has a volume slider [Slider 1].
The Youtube player is running within a browser.
The browser is playing its audio to some Windows audio device.
This Windows audio device can be seen in the Windows Mixer (Right-click on the Windows audio icon on the Windows taskbar and choose Audio Mixer). If you have several output devices, choose the correct one. On the right of the mixer, you see a volume slider for every app that is currently output something to that device. The browser has an own slider here [Slider 2]. On the left, there is a master volume slider for that device [Slider 3].
If you capture that device with OBS on your gaming PC, you have a volume slider for the corresponding OBS source in the OBS mixer section [Slider 4].
If you transfer audio through NDI, you have an additional volume slider for the ndi source in the OBS mixer section on your streaming PC.

You need to lower not 1 but 2 or more sliders to find the correct volume. The first additional slider you should try is probably the slider for your browser or media player within the Windows Mixer, so you only lower the browser volume as a whole, which has probably the least side impact to other sounds. (At least for me everything within the browser is always too loud).

OGSirBe

Audio from Youtube is going through several modules, which all may have some kind of volume slider.
Youtube is playing in the youtube player. The Youtube player has a volume slider [Slider 1].
The Youtube player is running within a browser.
The browser is playing its audio to some Windows audio device.
This Windows audio device can be seen in the Windows Mixer (Right-click on the Windows audio icon on the Windows taskbar and choose Audio Mixer). If you have several output devices, choose the correct one. On the right of the mixer, you see a volume slider for every app that is currently output something to that device. The browser has an own slider here [Slider 2]. On the left, there is a master volume slider for that device [Slider 3].
If you capture that device with OBS on your gaming PC, you have a volume slider for the corresponding OBS source in the OBS mixer section [Slider 4].
If you transfer audio through NDI, you have an additional volume slider for the ndi source in the OBS mixer section on your streaming PC.

You need to lower not 1 but 2 or more sliders to find the correct volume. The first additional slider you should try is probably the slider for your browser or media player within the Windows Mixer, so you only lower the browser volume as a whole, which has probably the least side impact to other sounds. (At least for me everything within the browser is always too loud).

Good idea, maybe I'll dedicate my browser to a audio source that I don't use and then control it with that. But I will try your suggestion and see how it works out. Thanks!

Exactly. You window capture a youtube music page ( Playlist ) and then, you go to interact with the window capture and there, it´s like a normal browser, where you can turn up and down the volume, etc.