Resource icon

win-capture-audio v2.2.3-beta

alxwize

Hello,
What about multichannel situations?
What if I'm in my home studio, with my 5.1 setup and my application plays in 5.1 too. I want to stream the sound of this application through OBS/Wincapture-Audio. It seems this case is not actually cover for now.
I'm just check if I'm wrong, if it do exist but I just don't know how to make it work, or if it's plan to be dev soon?

Thanks for your help

SightUp

O.O;;;;

Whoa, that's, like... way the heck up there.

Could you show me a screenie of your DAC settings window? I'd be interested in seeing this. 192kHz is usually the most frequent "high-definition" setting at the high end.

--Katt. =^.^=

There you go!

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    12.6 KB · Views: 123
There you go!
Thanks for that. Is that a USB or PCI(e) device, curious? Or some other attachment method, e.g. Thunderbolt?

In any event, you really don't need it set THAT high. You're better off using 48kHz throughout your system.

I'm going to be shooting a video to address the sampling rate very soon as well as to address 2.2.x as both are woefully needed.

--Katt.

TurtleKun

Just wanted to say that I love this plugin, altough I do have a problem when streaming and recording at the same time, for some reason it records the source audio twice but with a slight delay so the audio is unusable! Would love to see that fixed in future updates but its amazing as is!

tmyrdal

I totaly lost my "Monitor Aduio" I cant hear anything on whats going on in OBS, everything is fine out on the stream but I cant hear my Monitor sound in OBS the sound we shell hear in the "Audio Mixer" I cant hear nothing on what OBS sounds are doing so I cant check the sound volume if it is to hihg or not, I need to see my own stream on another device so I can hear all the sound OBS is sending out. This happend after I installed "win-capture-audio-2.2.2-beta" Anyone have any Tips on how I can get it back.

tmyrdal

I totaly lost my "Monitor Aduio" I cant hear anything on whats going on in OBS, everything is fine out on the stream but I cant hear my Monitor sound in OBS the sound we shell hear in the "Audio Mixer" I cant hear nothing on what OBS sounds are doing so I cant check the sound volume if it is to hihg or not, I need to see my own stream on another device so I can hear all the sound OBS is sending out. This happend after I installed "win-capture-audio-2.2.2-beta" Anyone have any Tips on how I can get it back.
Thanks to "Codermik" I found the problem. Problem is Discord. If you have set Discord to start in Windows startup then you can get this problem I was having. So remove Discord form Windows startup and start Discord after you have started OBS then its all working.

4ng3n01r3

Bonjour j'ai installé win-capture-audio v2.2.2-beta avec Obs Studio 27.2.4 (64 bits) et Windows 11 (toutes MAJ faites), et ce plug-in ne capture aucun son. J'ai essayé en lançant Obs Studio en mode Administrateur mais cela est pareil. Dois-je en conclure qu'il ne fonctionne pas ? Pourtant chez plein de gens cela fonctionne, du coup ?????? je cherche encore mais si quelqu'un à une solution, je suis preneur.

4ng3n01r3

Bonjour j'ai installé win-capture-audio v2.2.2-beta avec Obs Studio 27.2.4 (64 bits) et Windows 11 (toutes MAJ faites), et ce plug-in ne capture aucun son. J'ai essayé en lançant Obs Studio en mode Administrateur mais cela est pareil. Dois-je en conclure qu'il ne fonctionne pas ? Pourtant chez plein de gens cela fonctionne, du coup ?????? je cherche encore mais si quelqu'un à une solution, je suis preneur.
J'ai trouvé, dans OBS il faut mettre l'audio en stéréo et pas en 5.1 ou autre. Dommage un update pour la prochaine version de win-capture-audio.

Swishers

Hello, anyone have any fixes for the audio cracking/popping/robot sounds that occasionally occur?

Thanks in advance

Myth V

I've been trying to get this to work with both foobar2000 and Windows Media Player, but OBS isn't showing any sound from either with your plugin, but the sound is coming in for me and on the Desktop Audio of OBS.
I use Epidemic Sound and want to have the music on stream AND listed properly, but the only way I can have it on stream right now seems to leave it on the web browser that your plugin functions with (Opera and Chrome), or have the text file reporting what is playing without any actual music playing with foobar2000 or WMP.
Is there any on-computer music player I could use of which this plugin functions AND I can setup some means to say what is playing on my stream?

tmyrdal

I've been trying to get this to work with both foobar2000 and Windows Media Player, but OBS isn't showing any sound from either with your plugin, but the sound is coming in for me and on the Desktop Audio of OBS.
I use Epidemic Sound and want to have the music on stream AND listed properly, but the only way I can have it on stream right now seems to leave it on the web browser that your plugin functions with (Opera and Chrome), or have the text file reporting what is playing without any actual music playing with foobar2000 or WMP.
Is there any on-computer music player I could use of which this plugin functions AND I can setup some means to say what is playing on my stream?
Same problem here, I dont have no sound on OBS but its is sound on the output strem but cant hear it myself. I had fixed this but now its back it did helped to diable discord the first time but now its something els that does it I do not know how to fix it now.

equalf

hello, i try to use this handful app and its working fine but i have a strange issue. I stream Cod Warzone and when i use the audio output from the game's exe all the sounds pass fine except the ingame communication. When someone talks in game stream cannot hear it. i tried setting up the same device in game and on stream and other ways to fix that but nothing seems to help. I want to use this app so bad but that issue keeps me from it!

Nifftaako

If this has been posted already please let me know.

When ever I play an media file though OBS it seems to want to play in double audio. I have a OBS source so I can play my alerts and browser stuff. Anyone have a suggestion?

Sacra

I love the plugin and use it all day, but sometimes out of nowhere the sound that leads through the plugin sounds not right (muffled or smt). Someone else got the problem and any ideas what the problem could be?
I'll put 2 Links to my last VOD: The first one leads to the earlier timestamp and is an example for the normal game sound, the second one leads to a later timestamp.

hello, i try to use this handful app and its working fine but i have a strange issue. I stream Cod Warzone and when i use the audio output from the game's exe all the sounds pass fine except the ingame communication. When someone talks in game stream cannot hear it. i tried setting up the same device in game and on stream and other ways to fix that but nothing seems to help. I want to use this app so bad but that issue keeps me from it!

Sounds like CoD Warzone is much like Valorant in that it uses a separate background process for its communications without a window associated with it that earlier versions of the plugin cannot enumerate. You may have to do some trial-and-error to find out which process that is. You may also want to use a separate source for your in-game communications so you can vary the volume of the game and communications independently, put them on separate tracks for recording, or both.

--Katt. =^.^=

equalf

Sounds like CoD Warzone is much like Valorant in that it uses a separate background process for its communications without a window associated with it that earlier versions of the plugin cannot enumerate. You may have to do some trial-and-error to find out which process that is. You may also want to use a separate source for your in-game communications so you can vary the volume of the game and communications independently, put them on separate tracks for recording, or both.

--Katt. =^.^=
using seperate source for in-game communications sounds good but i dont really know how to do this since it captures the .exe window. i have to search for this kind of thing but thanx for the suggestion. Also, i have downloaded the plugin from the download link, is there a way i can somehow update it? because you wrote about earlier versions of it.

Sacra

I love the plugin and use it all day, but sometimes out of nowhere the sound that leads through the plugin sounds not right (muffled or smt). Someone else got the problem and any ideas what the problem could be?
I'll put 2 Links to my last VOD: The first one leads to the earlier timestamp and is an example for the normal game sound, the second one leads to a later timestamp.
ok guys it's me again. I tested a bit and found out that the sound is only bugged like this when I use the Capture all audio EXCEPT sessions from the selected executables option. So I capture Discord sound seperate - it works -, I capture Spotify sound seperate - it works -, but when I grab all the other desktop sounds the sound is bugged.
Anyone got a fix for that? Or should I try an older version of the plugin?