Resource icon

win-capture-audio v2.2.3-beta

Grandpa_frost

Hello! Thnx for answer. Im kinda new to OBS. Yeah i tried that but then i dont hear the alert and when im in the middle of an action i could miss the alert and dont respond in time. I also tried to use "Control audio via OBS" with monitor on but result the same -streamdeck audio capture my deafult (or assigned) audio device a and doubles playback. I use streamdeck like soundboard. Interface of stream deck doesn't have auido output settings (or i just cant find it). Im gona try voicemeeter virtual cable. Mb that will help somehow idk.
Hello there. I figuried this out. Sound doubles through my Stream Deck sound source ONLY when i launch OBS through it by Launch button. When i start both OBS and Stream Deck software separatly i dont have this problem. Happy New Year!

FireCloud42

I love this thing...Only thing is I just ran into a weird thing where it's not picking up SWTOR (fullscreen Windowed). the game is being picked up when I click on the "Capture all audio EXCEPT the selected window (if the window exists)" but that will also pick up everything else

Easywipe91

I really like the idea of this Plugin, but everytime i install it my games start to stutter / lag as soon as i open OBS (just open it, no stream or record). I also tried all versions of this Plugin.
OBS 27.1.3, Windows 11 Pro

soniczx123

I've been using this plugin for a while but I can't get Discord to work with it, even with the latest version. I always get this redhighlight when I switch windows on Discord(going to a different channel or server). This only happens with the Discord app, not with something like Spotify. Does anyone have any idea?

Skärmbild 2022-01-07 200711.png

WeaverTTV

Hi everyone! this plugin is amazing and i can finally manage every application without any virtual mixer. I only have one problem: when i'm closing obs, this one completely stop working and i need to kill the process through the taks manager. Also in two cases it caused obs to crash. Anyone can help me o i just need to wait for a new update?

Regards

Hi everyone! this plugin is amazing and i can finally manage every application without any virtual mixer. I only have one problem: when i'm closing obs, this one completely stop working and i need to kill the process through the taks manager. Also in two cases it caused obs to crash. Anyone can help me o i just need to wait for a new update?

Regards

Are you using 2.1.0-beta? If so, you might considering downgrading to 2.0.0-beta3 if that is a real concern. I am testing a pre-release build that seems to be far more reliable and more robust.

Though really, when you get right down to it, at least within OBS Studio, you are using a virtual mixer--OBS Studio's.

Since I mention virtual mixers...

Side note: It never hurts to keep a virtual mixer and virtual audio cables on standby for tougher cases and for software that works well, better, or more logically with them. I could use the plugin for, say, Discord, but since Discord is very specifically designed to be configured to use different audio pipelines at the user's choosing, unlike games (except Serious Sam, which DOES allow you to select a different output pipeline), I elected to keep using a virtual mixer and virtual cables. It just makes more sense to me that way. But to each their own.

--Katt. =^.^=

NIKOD3MUStv

heya, I have a problem, setting everything in obs and setting the output devices correctly, if I have friends in the party (it happens to me on warzone) I hear them in the headphones, but in the live twitch (and then in the recording) instead they don't hear about ... I'm going crazy because, always playing in party, I can't use this plug in .. do you have any idea of the possible causes?

ketzagfx

Hey,
I´m using the plugin with my OBS Studio for streaming.

I have seperate audio tracks for game sound, discord, music etc.

From time to time some of these tracks start to lag/stutter. sometimes it´s the game sound, sometimes music etc.
I don´t know why and how it happens.
Friends of mine don´t have these problems

These lags appear for maybe 1ß-20 seconds and suddenly stop and everything is normal again

AlliedJustin18

Hey everyone, any word on when this plugin will support windows apps likes Xbox App? I can't target an application audio source towards the Xbox Overlay or Xbox App (i've tried both), other than that small issue, this plug in is absolutely game changing!

propz

Has anyone found a way to avoid c:\windows\system32\mmdevapi.dll crashing while using this plug-in?

I actually ran into the same issue. mmdevapi.dll keeps crashing OBS for no reason (I can't reproduce, it's kind of random).

I posted everything about the crashes (logs and stuff) in the support area:

I've also replied to the issue you posted on github:

So, if the devs are looking it here, we would appreciate some help, the plugin is really amazing!!! :)

Darkaeluz

I've been using this plugin for a while but I can't get Discord to work with it, even with the latest version. I always get this redhighlight when I switch windows on Discord(going to a different channel or server). This only happens with the Discord app, not with something like Spotify. Does anyone have any idea?

View attachment 78849
This addon has problems with apps based on chromiun like Discord

bozbez

bozbez updated win-capture-audio with a new update entry:

win-capture-audio v2.2.0-beta

For OBS versions 27.1.3 and newer, on (an updated) Windows 10 2004 (released 2020-05-27) or later.
This is (as with previous releases) a beta release - use at your own risk.

• Switches to tracking sessions using IAudioSessionEnumerator and friends, and removes old window selection logic - capture of processes without windows is now supported.
  • Implements custom mixer to handle capture of multiple processes, required for the session tracking.
  • Exclude session...

Read the rest of this update entry...

bozbez

bozbez updated win-capture-audio with a new update entry:

win-capture-audio v2.2.1-beta

For OBS versions 27.1.3 and newer, on (an updated) Windows 10 2004 (released 2020-05-27) or later.
This is (as with previous releases) a beta release - use at your own risk.

• Re-works internal mixer output logic for increased stability, fixes frequent crash with unbounded latency increase.
You will most likely have to re-add your win-capture-audio sources if upgrading from a previous version.
Join https://discord.gg/4D5Yk5gFnM for support...

Read the rest of this update entry...