Resource icon

win-capture-audio v2.2.3-beta

NotVooDoo

the plugin is not working as expected, but if i restart obs, everything is fine. it was same since months with every update same. i think i will start using the build in option of obs.
OMG same... When it's not OBS fault, it's Windows fault.
I think the best thing to do is to use what works.
I don't think this will be fixed, the proper functioning of this plugin should not be questioned. :D

OMG same... When it's not OBS fault, it's Windows fault.
I think the best thing to do is to use what works.
I don't think this will be fixed, the proper functioning of this plugin should not be questioned. :D

Do bear in mind that the plugin in OBS Studio also relies on the API in Windows 11 and newer versions of Windows 10. You will likely experience the same problem there.

I reiterate, there may be a problem with the API itself. In which case, only Microsoft can fix it because they created the API in the first place.

--Katt. =^.^=

NotVooDoo

Do bear in mind that the plugin in OBS Studio also relies on the API in Windows 11 and newer versions of Windows 10. You will likely experience the same problem there.

I reiterate, there may be a problem with the API itself. In which case, only Microsoft can fix it because they created the API in the first place.

--Katt. =^.^=
Now I can answer.
I have been using the internal obs plugin since 08/15 and no problems to report to date. I have records of +8 hours without any problem of distorted/shattered/crackling after a few hours

I have preliminarily tested the plugin under OBS Studio 30.0.0 Beta 3. It seems to work fine. Still likely susceptible to that issue that plagues this and the OBS-bundled plugin which is likely due to issues with Windows itself.

--Katt. =^.^=

Now I can answer.
I have been using the internal obs plugin since 08/15 and no problems to report to date. I have records of +8 hours without any problem of distorted/shattered/crackling after a few hours

A bit belated, but I don't know what you capture with the bundled OBS Studio plugin, but I tend to play games on-stream and I haven't had the best of luck with it, so I stick with WCA.

At least one of my VTuber friends isn't as lucky as you are. She's had to recapture a game that she's played for an extended period of time when the sound capture went wonky on her, and that's with the internal plugin.

All I can say is count yourself extremely lucky. It seems to be hit-or-miss out there, but again, I don't know what you capture with it.

--Katt. =^.^=

Last edited:

Netheri

Plugin doesn't capture audio in multichannel mode while OBS's native application audio capture beta does it. Plugin shows the soundbars in mixer but no capturing of sounds on any channel. Inb4 yes my PC has surround capability and the OBS's native app audio capture works, just wouldn't like to use it as plugin has the exe list.

I've also left message in github-issues of the plugins page.

Liennet

Hey all. Is anyone else seeing this problem with this plugin?

Although I have multiple apps emitting audio, the "currently active sessions" drop down is empty, and the "Add executable" button is greyed out.

I'm running Windows 10 21H2, OBS 28.0.1 and version 2.2.3-beta of this plugin. I've tried running OBS as Administrator and just normally, but neither seem to work.

FWIW, the "built in" version of this plugin in OBS 28 seems to show the processes without problem ... but v2.2.3 is much more attractive because a single source can cater for multiple applications.

Thanks in advance for the help.

View attachment 86654

I solved... somehow, I did many things at the same time, I don't know which of them was the solution:

- Deleted x32 OBS installed plug ins C:\Program Files\obs-studio\obs-plugins\32bit --- restart
- Reinstalled win source --- restart
-Installed VBCABLE_Driver_Pack43 - restart - (I don't use it I just installeld)
- Uninstalled Droid cam (It was a virtual camera with virtual sound output )

After all this the "add executable " button appeared, as I said I don't know which one was the solution, but you can try each one

- Installed VBCABLE_Driver_Pack43 - restart - (I don't use it I just installeld)

In my case, I have all the VB Audio Cables installed anyway because it never hurts to have them (and I do use them here). You'll never know when you may need or want them.

That said, it's good to know that you managed to get the plugin to work. However, even so, you may still find a use for that VB Audio Cable. ;)

--Katt. =^.^=

Hi!

Tryed this plugin. Seems it doesn't regonize or find WinAMP.

A few questions:

1. Which version of Windows are you using?
  2. Which version of OBS Studio are you using?
  3. Did you correctly install Win-Capture-Audio? (VERY important!)
  4. Was Winamp playing at the time you were trying to add it? This is important because THE PROGRAM MUST ACTIVELY BE OUTPUTTING AUDIO SO THE PLUGIN'S DETECTION ROUTINES CAN EVEN SEE IT. If it is not, it cannot be found.. This is because the plugin's audio output detection method relies on audio being actively output by an application, not by the fact there is a window connected to the output. This will allow processes that do not have a window that can be enumerated, such as background communications programs used by Valorant or other programs.

A couple of things:
  1. I tested it just now. It works. I freshly start Winamp with a playlist loaded. Play button not pressed yet--Result: I cannot see the executable in the drop-down. I press play so I can get some audio playing--result: I can see, then add, the executable to capture audio from. Then audio is then properly captured. It is also worth noting that you can hand-enter the executable name into the list for that source by clicking the + sign on the right hand side, then typing the executable's name in the blank, then clicking okay. Secondarily, can also capture via OBS Studio's own bundled application audio capture plugin. However, it enumerates all threads that may be available, so make sure you are using the thread that is outputting the sound, in this case, it should show you the currently-playing title.
  2. Since you can select the audio output device in the DirectSound output plugin, I would prefer using that method using something like VB Audio's Audio Cables, Voicemeeter or Matrix, or something similar rather than capturing it directly from the application. It makes far more sense (at least to me) to use this plugin for applications whose output can't easily be redirected, whether through something like Windows' own mixer or something like Ear Trumpet (which should be in your arsenal, so go get it now!).
  3. It is VITALLY IMPORTANT you use a supported version of Windows for this to work! This includes Windows 10 Release 2004 (aka 20H1) (absolute barest minimum requirement) or 20H2 (strongly recommended) or any release of Window 11 (which introduced the API in the first place, which was then backported to Windows 10 Release 20H1).
The setup I'm using:
  • OBS Studio 30.1.0 Release
  • Windows 11 Professional
  • Win-Capture-Audio 2.2.3-Beta
  • Winamp 5.9.2 Build 10042, released April 26, 2023
I hope this helps.

--Katt. =^.^=

Last edited:

hery20

A few questions:

1. Which version of Windows are you using?
  2. Which version of OBS Studio are you using?
  3. Did you correctly install Win-Capture-Audio? (VERY important!)
  4. Was Winamp playing at the time you were trying to add it? This is important because THE PROGRAM MUST ACTIVELY BE OUTPUTTING AUDIO SO THE PLUGIN'S DETECTION ROUTINES CAN EVEN SEE IT. If it is not, it cannot be found.. This is because the plugin's audio output detection method relies on audio being actively output by an application, not by the fact there is a window connected to the output. This will allow processes that do not have a window that can be enumerated, such as background communications programs used by Valorant or other programs.

A couple of things:
  1. I tested it just now. It works. I freshly start Winamp with a playlist loaded. Play button not pressed yet--Result: I cannot see the executable in the drop-down. I press play so I can get some audio playing--result: I can see, then add, the executable to capture audio from. Then audio is then properly captured. It is also worth noting that you can hand-enter the executable name into the list for that source by clicking the + sign on the right hand side, then typing the executable's name in the blank, then clicking okay. Secondarily, can also capture via OBS Studio's own bundled application audio capture plugin. However, it enumerates all threads that may be available, so make sure you are using the thread that is outputting the sound, in this case, it should show you the currently-playing title.
  2. Since you can select the audio output device in the DirectSound output plugin, I would prefer using that method using something like VB Audio's Audio Cables, Voicemeeter or Matrix, or something similar rather than capturing it directly from the application. It makes far more sense (at least to me) to use this plugin for applications whose output can't easily be redirected, whether through something like Windows' own mixer or something like Ear Trumpet (which should be in your arsenal, so go get it now!).
  3. It is VITALLY IMPORTANT you use a supported version of Windows for this to work! This includes Windows 10 Release 2004 (aka 20H1) (absolute barest minimum requirement) or 20H2 (strongly recommended) or any release of Window 11 (which introduced the API in the first place, which was then backported to Windows 10 Release 20H1).
The setup I'm using:
  • OBS Studio 30.1.0 Release
  • Windows 11 Professional
  • Win-Capture-Audio 2.2.3-Beta
  • Winamp 5.9.2 Build 10042, released April 26, 2023
I hope this helps.

--Katt. =^.^=
Thanks for share good informetion.

hery20

I have preliminarily tested the plugin under OBS Studio 30.0.0 Beta 3. It seems to work fine. Still likely susceptible to that issue that plagues this and the OBS-bundled plugin which is likely due to issues with Windows itself. Gb Whatsapp Pro
continue to monitor for any potential issues, especially considering the complexities of Windows compatibility. Your insights are valuable.