Question / Help Which values are important in OBS?

Greenplayer

Hi,

My question is which values are particularly important in order to be able to stream and record on OBS with good quality.
I've heard that CUDA cores should be the most important values.
Is that correct?

Please no answers like

-All are important ....

My graphics card: RX 580 8GB

I thank you in advance!

Kind regards

koala

It's not clear what you want the information for. If you want to just configure for the best streaming or recording experience, the mentioning of CUDA cores is irrelevant, because you cannot change this hardware feature unless you get a new GPU. So are you looking for a new GPU?

For example, if I were to design a new PC that should be able to flawlessly stream or record, I'd buy some Nvidia RTX GPU because of the Turing Nvenc encoder and some AMD Ryzen CPU from the 3rd generation (3000), because these are top performance and better performance/price ratio than any Intel. What Nvidia GPU and what AMD CPU in particular depends on the budget.

Other than that, if you just want to get a good OBS configuration, set your canvas resolution to the resolution you play your game in, set your output resolution the same or, for streaming if necessary, to downscale to 1080p or 720p. Then do Tools->Auto Configuration Wizard. In addition, limit the fps of your game, so it will not occupy all CPU and GPU resources, to give OBS breathing space for its operation.