Waveform

Waveform 1.8.0

Phandasm

Phandasm submitted a new resource:

Waveform - Music visualizer / spectral analysis

Waveform is a plugin for showing a (cosmetic) frequency spectrum graph of an audio source.
View attachment 77876

Windows:
Option 1:
Run the installer from the release page and select the root of your OBS folder (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio).
You can install both the x86 and x64 versions if desired, or just whichever you need.

Option 2 (manual):
Download Waveform_1.0.0_x86_64.zip from the release...

Read more about this resource...

Phandasm

Nevermind apparently Microsoft is the sole vendor on virustotal to detect the x86 installer as a trojan, the x64 is fine so you can use that one or the zip package.
I suppose I will just remove the x86 installer until I can figure out why microsoft hates it.

RaduL

Thanks you for your reply. I ignored it and instaled it. It works wonders! Can you make aditional models in the upcoming updates? Like for example vertical columns like in spectrilizer? And one more thing, if i turn down the volume of my desktop audio the plugin also dimms. As an option would be great to let it at full animation even if the audio is at 10‰. Thats all. Thanks for this plugin, i already testet on my stream and people like it. Good job. Waiting for new uodates if you plan to add more features, if not its good at it is. Good day, well dine one again.

Phandasm

Thanks you for your reply. I ignored it and instaled it. It works wonders! Can you make aditional models in the upcoming updates? Like for example vertical columns like in spectrilizer? And one more thing, if i turn down the volume of my desktop audio the plugin also dimms. As an option would be great to let it at full animation even if the audio is at 10‰. Thats all. Thanks for this plugin, i already testet on my stream and people like it. Good job. Waiting for new uodates if you plan to add more features, if not its good at it is. Good day, well dine one again.
Appreciate the feedback ^^
If you've got your volume locked at 10% you could just lower the floor/ceiling parameters to bring it back in range.
Otherwise you'd need some sort of dynamic compression/normalization, i might look into implementing something like that at some point.

As for the bars, i'm not sure there's much point since you may as well just use spectralizer for that.
I'm not opposed to adding more renderers in general though.

RaduL

Appreciate the feedback ^^
If you've got your volume locked at 10% you could just lower the floor/ceiling parameters to bring it back in range.
Otherwise you'd need some sort of dynamic compression/normalization, i might look into implementing something like that at some point.

As for the bars, i'm not sure there's much point since you may as well just use spectralizer for that.
I'm not opposed to adding more renderers in general though.
Hi! Spectralizer has a problem. If i want to make it smaller from the plugin options it cust the meds and highs from right to left and remain only the low bars. So, if you listen music and u want a 3 bar spectralizer only the lows will be detected. Idk if its a bug or the creator intention but its not too versatil. So i have to let it at full size at least horizontal.

That is why i searched a replacement and i found yours. Witch is more versatil. More options. But yea. Some options will be great to be added in the future. Ofc, when you want or have time.

Merry Chrismas!

norihiro

I'm afraid the id is conflicting with my plugin Color Monitor, which provides a source whose id is "waveform_source", so that user cannot use both. Since the use case of the plugin is much different, I think very a few people will experience the problem though.

Phandasm

I'm afraid the id is conflicting with my plugin Color Monitor, which provides a source whose id is "waveform_source", so that user cannot use both. Since the use case of the plugin is much different, I think very a few people will experience the problem though.
Yeah, that's already been reported and is fixed on the current master branch.

Phandasm

Phandasm updated Waveform with a new update entry:

Waveform v1.1.0

- Fix crash when using audio configurations with more than 2 channels
- Fix name conflict with other plugins
- Add bar and "stepped" bar visualizers
- Minor performance improvements

**IMPORTANT**
Due to being renamed to avoid conflicts with other plugins, sources made with version 1.0.0 will no longer be recognized.
If you would like to preserve those sources you can edit your scene files in %appdata%/obs-studio/basic/scenes and replace occurrences of...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Videobuff

For some strange reason I cannot get this plug to show up in OBS. It seems to install fine, no issues running the .exe setup but when I then go into OBS. right click on an audio source and click "Add" to use the Waveform plugin, it doesn't appear in the "Add" list. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue? I've installed tons of plugins and not had any issues, it's just this one particular plugin that doesn't seem to show up. Any suggestions or thoughts?

Phandasm

For some strange reason I cannot get this plug to show up in OBS. It seems to install fine, no issues running the .exe setup but when I then go into OBS. right click on an audio source and click "Add" to use the Waveform plugin, it doesn't appear in the "Add" list. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue? I've installed tons of plugins and not had any issues, it's just this one particular plugin that doesn't seem to show up. Any suggestions or thoughts?
Did you by chance use the 32-bit installer but run 64-bit OBS (or vice versa)?
Another possibility is that you are using an older version of OBS and the windows build uses an API introduced in version 27.0. In this case i believe it should show up in the log file that it failed to load.

Videobuff

Thank you for your comments, I will confirm tomorrow. I am using the latest OBS version and I did install and reinstall the 64bit version but I’ll check the log file to see if there’s any clues of load failure there. Thank you.

univrsal

If you add rounded corners and the option to display the waveform in a circle I can deprecate spectralizer :P

Phandasm

Haha, i'll think about it :P
Honestly i didn't even intend to supersede spectralizer, i originally just wanted the curve graph cause i thought it would work well on a voice-only scene.

univrsal

Well I wouldn't mind. I don't have much experience with audio processing and only got spectralizer to work with recycled code and some trial and error.

Last edited:

Videobuff

Did you by chance use the 32-bit installer but run 64-bit OBS (or vice versa)?
Another possibility is that you are using an older version of OBS and the windows build uses an API introduced in version 27.0. In this case i believe it should show up in the log file that it failed to load.
I finally got this to work. I don't fully understand why the issue was resolved but here is a quick summary that may help someone should they have a similar issue. The problem I had was as follows: The "Waveform Visualizer" wouldn't appear as an option when I right clicked on an audio source and then clicked "Add" to use the Waveform plugin. It just didn't appear in the "Add" list no matter what I did. I confirmed IO was using the very latest release of OBS, that I had downloaded the 64 bit version, etc, and I had done all that. The solution for me was to go to the Microsoft site and download and install the latest Visual Studio customizable distributions from there. The ones I downloaded from the github didn't work for me. I don't understand why but that's how I solved the problem and the Waveform tool now works as described. Anyway, that's just a quick overview in case anyone else was having a similar issue.

Phandasm

I finally got this to work. I don't fully understand why the issue was resolved but here is a quick summary that may help someone should they have a similar issue. The problem I had was as follows: The "Waveform Visualizer" wouldn't appear as an option when I right clicked on an audio source and then clicked "Add" to use the Waveform plugin. It just didn't appear in the "Add" list no matter what I did. I confirmed IO was using the very latest release of OBS, that I had downloaded the 64 bit version, etc, and I had done all that. The solution for me was to go to the Microsoft site and download and install the latest Visual Studio customizable distributions from there. The ones I downloaded from the github didn't work for me. I don't understand why but that's how I solved the problem and the Waveform tool now works as described. Anyway, that's just a quick overview in case anyone else was having a similar issue.
Huh, that's very strange.
The redistributables included in the installers were taken directly from my visual studio redist folder at build time which one would assume should work with binaries produced by that very same compiler.
Not sure what to make of that.