AaronD

Not in OBS. You'll probably need to use a loopback audio driver in some way.

If you're on Windows, you can install this:

If you're on Linux, you can google how to configure your native audio system to do that all on its own.

If you're on Mac, VB claims to work for you too, but I've never tried it. And there are others too, that may or may not have other features and/or support.

In any case, once you have the loopback, you can send audio to a virtual speaker from one app, as if it were a physical speaker, and pick it up from a virtual mic in a different app. This is often used to get game audio into OBS, without the desktop notifications that people inexplicably leave on (know and control your rig!), but it also works the other way too. Send audio from OBS's Monitor or from this plugin to a virtual speaker, and pick it up from the virtual mic in a different app.

Librewolf

Thanks for the info i'll chat that out.
Just one thing i reall do absolutely hate, don't say "google it". google isn't a monopoly, they are just a disgusting censorship sh!thole you should avoid. I say search the web or look it up since that's the actual term. F google.

Thank anyways i guess..

If you're on Linux, you can google how to configure your native audio system to do that all on its own.

If you're on Mac, VB claims to work for you too, but I've never tried it. And there are others too, that may or may not have other features and/or support.

In any case, once you have the loopback, you can send audio to a virtual speaker from one app, as if it were a physical speaker, and pick it up from a virtual mic in a different app. This is often used to get game audio into OBS, without the desktop notifications that people inexplicably leave on (know and control your rig!), but it also works the other way too. Send audio from OBS's Monitor or from this plugin to a virtual speaker, and pick it up from the virtual mic in a different app.

ttrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

nhhgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

can i add my microphone to stereo mix or mix stereo and send capture it all with desktop audio?

coby2k

This is for you Linux users:

I've been banging my head against the wall trying to find an answer to this, and finally found a simple method that works for me! See this guy's video: https://youtu.be/pEUGr_OwQKw?si=12UJ4lrepm7RbN2_

He walks you through every step and it's not too lengthy. Be sure to leave a nice comment for him and share with others; a solution this simple needs to be shared.

Overview of his method involves:
  • Using Pulse Audio (was already on my Linux Mint system AFAIK).
  • Install Pulse Audio Volume Control (use your software manager for this).
  • Run a simple shell script that he provides.
  • Change a couple of settings in Pulse Audio Volume Control.
  • Change a couple of settings in OBS.

Tested and working for me on Linux Mint 21.1, OBS Studio 27.2.3+dfsg1-1 (64bit). This a life saver for me because I use OBS for live noise removal and delay on my mic so I can sync that audio with my slow camera hdmi capture.

etron770

I can confirm that a virtual microphone would be helpful.
If possible, with an automatic setting of the delay, so that the virtual camera and the virtual microphone are synchronized (or could be synchronized manually).
Using OBS for team meetings, the microphone is connected direct f.e Zoom and the video has the big delay from OBS Studio.
As Virtual Audio Cable is not available for Linux, it is maybe more important for Linux users.

coby2k

I can confirm that a virtual microphone would be helpful.
If possible, with an automatic setting of the delay, so that the virtual camera and the virtual microphone are synchronized (or could be synchronized manually).
Using OBS for team meetings, the microphone is connected direct f.e Zoom and the video has the big delay from OBS Studio.
As Virtual Audio Cable is not available for Linux, it is maybe more important for Linux users.
DId you see my post above and try that method? It works for me on Linux Mint so I can properly delay the mic and sync it to video and use that on Zoom etc.