akofsu

What I mean is, in which newer version of OBS-Studio is the function integrated? Do you have plans for integrating the function?

AlexBerger3

I don't think dodgepong can answer your question in which newer version of OBS-Studio the feature should be integrated.

I also like this function, then I don't need to use ManyCam anymore.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
It's something we would like to be able to do, yes. I couldn't guess which future version will have the feature, though. There are a number of technical challenges that need to be overcome first.

ekxyod

How many problems do you first have to overcome to bring us up to date on when the virtual microphone will go into development?

Fefo

Nice to see this feature being explored, it's a logical step after integrating the virtual cam.

Zapa

I was searching for this feature and stumbled upon this post. Yes, please! With virtual camera we need a virtual microphone to send all audio generated by the OBS mixer.

jdDoesIT

Hello everyone. I too want this feature integrated into OBS, but as a developer I can attest to the difficulty in developing things of this nature and finding the right release to add this to. It is not as simple as seeing a demand and cranking it out. There are so many existing planned features that came before this as well as unplanned features (AKA bugs) to address.

While we patiently wait I have discovered a workaround that I was able to implement today. Here is what is required.

Download the lite version of virtual audio cable and install it. (https://vac.muzychenko.net/en/download.htm)
Set the audio that you want to export to also go to the monitor
Set the monitor to be the virtual line that VAC created.
In the application that you want to hear the OBS "Virtual Mic" in set the mic to be the same virtual line that you set as the monitor

Enjoy and be patient.

bxm83

Hello everyone. I too want this feature integrated into OBS, but as a developer I can attest to the difficulty in developing things of this nature and finding the right release to add this to. It is not as simple as seeing a demand and cranking it out. There are so many existing planned features that came before this as well as unplanned features (AKA bugs) to address.

While we patiently wait I have discovered a workaround that I was able to implement today. Here is what is required.

Download the lite version of virtual audio cable and install it. (https://vac.muzychenko.net/en/download.htm)
Set the audio that you want to export to also go to the monitor
Set the monitor to be the virtual line that VAC created.
In the application that you want to hear the OBS "Virtual Mic" in set the mic to be the same virtual line that you set as the monitor

Enjoy and be patient.
One of the other workarounds that I use is to send out NDI and pick it up with ndi virtual input. You get both your webcam and audio that way and you can use monitors correctly. However, this is probably more resource heavy.

pcoronaf

This would be a very useful feature, add 1 to the list of users requesting it

Thank you also for the workaround, it is working so far

Librewolf

I know i'm late to the party (thread created 2020) now 3 years after i was looking in obs to add a virtual microphone but couldn't figure out how, is there still no such function?