Video source plugin (OBS Classic only)

xKaix

Re: Video source plugin (1.0-19 2013/8/28) (Need testers VLC

I've tried everything and I can't get this plug-in to work. Mine is in the Program Files (x86) folder, so I downloaded the 32 bit version and extracted the files, than copied and pasted them to the "plugins" folder of both the regular plugins and hte (64) bit. When that didn't work, I tried the 64 bit version and it still didn't show up. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong :(

--

Edit: Of course now it works. Looks like when I uninstalled to start fresh, OBS didn't delete the old files somehow...? So when I was starting OBS from the start menu, it was still using the old version. |: Odd.

--

Edit: Now that I've gotten the plugin to at least show up... it seems to be distorting my video and making it appear in black and white? |: The video shows up correctly in other programs.

ColterTV

Are you sure you copied the VideoSourcePlugin folder inside OBS->plugins folder?
Theres also a single file VideoSourcePluginWrapper.dll that goes in the same folder

xKaix

Hi there! Yup I am positive. I did also copy that .dll. The plugin is now working (I was using the wrong .exe to start it... apparently it didn't delete the old one when I uninstalled to start fresh?).

But the issue I am having now is that its making the video distorted and black and white. Yet some of the videos show just fine. It seems to be that all 720p videos I use are fine but if I resize them in After Effects and export as a .avi and its *not* 720p, it shows up funky in OBS.

ColterTV

Ye probably the codec you are exporting is not compatible
Try another codec and/or .mp4 with h264 and aac

sprEEEzy

When trying to play a .flv transparent video, the whole video goes green.

nimh

Great plug-in. We're currently using it to swap multiple rtmp sources per scene while live. The 32 bit version has really worked great. We did notice that periodically the rtmp source will freeze. We recently took part in the extralife 25 hour marathon using this, and it tended to happen every 3 hours or so. Editing the properties of the video source, and then hitting okay refreshed the feed and things continued as normal, but I thought I would bring it to your attention. I'm unsure if this due to our rtmp feed, or potentially an error in the plug-in. If there are logs I can monitor for next time, let me know where to look for them and I'll take a look.

Thanks again for the excellent plug-in.

plumbpits

I dont know what im doing wrong, i installed it correctly but everything looks different from what im reading. the option under sources and plugins are not coming up. the weird thing is I have a 64 bit OS but I don't see the 64bit folder.
I cant use this plugin at all. please help

Attachments

• regular pf.png
    36.4 KB · Views: 76
  • x86.png
    39.9 KB · Views: 43

ThoNohT

Developer

regular pf is the 64 bit version. Place the 64 bit version of thde dll in that plugins folder.

changoland

Hello ThoNohT -
Thank you for the amazing plugin. I was not able to achieve streaming video files without your software, so it has been an invaluable tool.

I have a request for a few features.

I am using this plugin a bit different from its capability. I use this exclusively to playback video files which I add to a playlist. As my playlists are often containing several hundred hours of content, basic skipping file and resuming playback features would help incredibly in order to reduce the manual administration and attention needed to broadcast with ease without clever manipulation of the playlist.

I often times generate large playlists with several hundred video files with hundreds of hours of footage. Any time a video comes up that I don't want to broadcast, I have to manually open the playlist, delete every single video file off the playlist up until the next file after the file I am broadcasting that I'd like to jump forward from. Is it possible to add some sort of "Forward to next file in queue" option so that I don't have to constantly rebuild playlists?

Sometimes OBS loses connection to justin.tv - sometimes by my internet connection dropping, but also sometimes because of what's going on with the backend of justin.tv. When this happens, OBS auto reconnects, but starts the streaming order over from the very beginning with the first file in the playlist. Is it possible to add the option to resume playing from the moment it was disconnected? Or at least the option to resume playing from the file in the playlist that was playing when it was disconnected? Along the same lines, when OBS is closed entirely and reopened, when you connect to start streaming again, it begins playback from the beginning of the playlist. Is it possible to add the same resuming ability I mentioned previously?

Another feature I would find very useful is if there was an option to display which file is currently playing, either to to the stream preview window or as an actual overlay on the live stream itself.

Thank you so much for your work!

ThoNohT

Developer

Now please, you're addressing the wrong person. I'd love to claim all the fame, but Faruton is the one who made this plugin. So he is probably also the one you want to direct these questions to.

changoland

Ah my mistake. Yes Faurton, my apologies.

I saw the developer tag under ThoNohT's name and mistakenly assumed that was thread-specific.

zellabris

Plug-in works like a charm, with one minor mishap: the looping between videos isn't 100% fluid. It always goes on one frame of black screen before switching to the next video. I understand that you will be adding transition effects in the future, I was just curious if immediate transition go the next video (or loop) would be implemented as well.

TCi

Anyone else experiencing that the video will stop at times? Around 1-2 times a minute. Especially when I open 1080p streams on the local network. Maybe some better buffer needs to be put in place?

drumsetjunky

I've asked this before but is there a way to retain TRANSPARENCY in the videos played in the source plugin?

Example: Motion Graphics as overlays etc...

ColterTV

I'm no expert (and Faruton seems to be very busy these days) but I think I heard here that if you put an alpha channel on a mov file it will work

Sarjke

please add fade transition. Even when looped video is flashing with black screen for 0.5 sec and it is really disturbing for viewers D:

ColterTV

Sarjke said:
please add fade transition. Even when looped video is flashing with black screen for 0.5 sec and it is really disturbing for viewers D:

For now you can fix that by doing a longer loop video

Lenwe

Hi

The plugin is great but I can't figure out how to put an RTMP stream in OBS using the plugin. I'm streaming with OBS on a PC to a nginx-rtmp server and I'm triying to put this stream into another OBS on another PC. The streams plays fine when viewed in FlowPlayer but not using the video plugin. Are there some restriction regarding to the stream parameters to be displayed in OBS ?

ColterTV

I had your same problem a few months ago and I can't recall exactly how I fixed but I believe it was changing RTSP:// in the beginning of the URL or something similar