Resource icon

Video source plugin (OBS Classic only)

Violet915

Re: Video source plugin (1.0-19 2013/8/28)

Faruton, my OBS is still crashing on my video. Its highly likely to be the playlist loop command which is causing it, can you analyse my dumps? I'd really like to get using this by 17th, XSplit runs out and if I can get free 1080p with all my features, I won't complain.

Faruton

Developer

Does it happen for all videos? Because when you posted I tried running it and didn't see any problems there. I'll look again though. Is it possible to get the video that evidences this particular issue?

TCi

Faruton said:
Did you push the '?' button?

The + button is only when you type in the URL manually
I would suggest a better wording for those buttons. Because clicking + before adding an url will crash the plugin.

newcat

Hi,

when I start the video, it plays the sound of the video, but instead of showing the video, it just shows a green screen. In VLC-Player i can play this video without any problems.

Do you have any suggestions, how i could fix this?

PS: I got that problem in my VLC player a month ago. I fixed it with resetting the properties to default. Maybe that helps you.

changoland

Faruton said:
This is a very, very un-alpha video source plugin. (Similar to what the FFMPEG plugin was trying to achieve)

Thank you so much for this plugin! It makes OBS the best choice for my needs by FAR.

I have a request for the next versions:

1) An option to briefly or persistently display the filename of the video playing like a subtitle in the fashion of other software
2) An option to edit the playlist on-the-fly without restarting the playlist. Currently, when you add files to the playlist and hit OK, it starts playing at the beginning of the first video again. It would be great to be able to add files to the playlist without interrupting playback.

These minor improvements would make a huge difference! Thanks~

ColterTV

Another great feature would be a resume option, so when you return to the scene / activate the source again the playback would continue where it left off. At least resume from the same file would be handy, if can be resumed from the specific time, would be perfect

AmiPolizeiFunk

Hi, I probably should have posted here instead of making a new thread. I'm having a problem with audio cutting in and out when I use this plug-in to play a movie. Does anybody have any tips for me? Thx!

example: http://www.twitch.tv/amipolizeifunk/b/464991565

EDIT: NVM! I think I had the plug-in installed incorrectly. I tried something different with the installation and now it seems to be fine.

hellnano

Re: Video source plugin (1.0-17 2013/8/1)

Faruton said:
Unfortunately gapless video is difficult to get right. The easy solution is to encode long loops at the moment
sorry for the double post... this is what I'm talking about

TCi

Re: Video source plugin (1.0-19 2013/8/28) (Need testers VLC

I just tested the new version with rtmp streaming support. Seems to me that it works pretty well. Using only the x64 so far.

Will have it up and running for a few hours to see if it is stable.

And great work btw. Just in time for a LAN party me and a few others are hosting next week :)

audiophile42

Hello all!

I tried adding a YouTube link to my playlist, along with a mp4 on my computer, and the YouTube video doesn't play at all. I am an OBS newb (lol), but am I missing something? Is Flash supported at the moment?

Jack0r

The Helping Squad

audiophile42 said:
Hello all!

I tried adding a YouTube link to my playlist, along with a mp4 on my computer, and the YouTube video doesn't play at all. I am an OBS newb (lol), but am I missing something? Is Flash supported at the moment?
You will probably want to use the Browserplugin for flash files. I am not sure about the support of vlc, but with the browserplugin you should be able to play the swf file.

http://obsproject.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6714

TCi

The only featured that I feel is missing is to have the video disappear after it have finished playing. Maybe add a checkbox if possible?

ColterTV

TCi said:
The only featured that I feel is missing is to have the video disappear after it have finished playing. Maybe add a checkbox if possible?

In my test it happens, once the video ends it dissapears :O

TCi

Yea, noticed that too now. I don't remember that happening earlier. I had an older version. Sorry for the confusion.